“A Great Pick!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Spring, Texas
“A Great Pick!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

I really enjoyed my stay here. My family was displaced by a fire so we stayed for about 2 1/2 weeks. The staff is very friendly and the hotel is very clean. The price is great for the environment...new/modern hotel. The walls must be very thick because I never heard my neighbors. Amanda at the front desk is great and Ruth who prepares/cleans the breakfast area is super friendly. I really felt at home here. The only reason we left is because we needed a room with a kitchenette. I would HIGHLY recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Ryan S, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Houston Conroe, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear Jessica L,

Thank you so much for your great review of us!! I am sorry that you were displaced from your home but I am certainly glad that the staff here at Conroe Fairfield Inn and Suites made you feel a little more at home. I will certainly convey your comments to Amanda and Ruth for their outstanding service. Thanks again for the High Recommendation!!

Ryan Sheridan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

I really liked this hotel, for it was very clean, and the staff were very friendly. The location was perfect , it was just off the highway, and close to many restaurants and shops. It was about a half hour to 40 minutes drive from the airport. I would certainly stay there again!
The hotel also offered many breakfast items, which were inlcluded in the price of the hotel.
There isn't one negative thing I could say about this hotel! I would give it an overall, 5 star rating!

Room Tip: There is no room service, that is why it wasn't applicable in the ratings.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Ryan S, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Houston Conroe, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Greetings Jilland Carlos,
I just wanted to take a moment to thank you for your review of our hotel . We always appreciate feedback , especially your "5 Star Rating" . I hope if you return to Conroe that we once again your business!!
Lansing, mi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

We stayed in this hotel as a stopping point during a visit from Michigan to Dallas to watch the University of Michigan vs. University of Alabama football game over Labor Day weekend. It is located approximately one hour north of Houston. We had no problems finding the hotel. It is situated near most of the bars, restaurants, and retail establishments in Conroe, and the Woodlands area is nearby. We used our Marriot points for a free stay.

When we arrived around 8, we found the property to be clean and fresh. The lobby was nicely adorned and modern, but not so modern it seemed minimalist or "trendy". We were greeted promptly at the front desk by a clerk who gave us some suggestions on where we could go to watch the Michigan State football game that evening (see my review on Molly's Pub) and check-in was a breeze.

Our room was clean, the temperature was spot-on, and the bed was very comfortable. The furnishings were modern and there was no sort of funky smell in the room. The bathroom was spacious and everything worked. We had plenty of towels. As a note, the property only gives you soap, shampoo, and conditioner, so if you're hoping for lotion you will have to bring your own. The TV was adequate: flat-screen, good picture, but nothing high-end.

This is not a negative, but merely an observation, but there was no refrigerator in the room, so don't bring any leftovers home from the restaurant. There are ice machines on every floor. The property was quiet and the walls seem to be thick. We never heard our neighbors. The color scheme throughout the hotel has a calming effect.

Breakfast was quite good for a complimentary hotel breakfast. The scrambled eggs are some of the best eggs I have ever had. They are light, fluffy, and are neither moist nor dry. I complimented the lady who makes them and she said she works very hard on them! They had the usual dry cereals, oatmeal, waffle-maker, eggs, bacon, toast, bagels, breakfast sausages, yogurt, etc. The dining area is comfortable, although the 2-person tables are a bit small.

There is an outdoor pool and a fitness center with basic cardio equipment.

I have nothing bad to say about this hotel. It was perfect for our evening in Conroe. It's definitely not a destination spot, but was perfect for our one-night stay.

Room Tip: The rear of the hotel faces a sizeable cemetery so if that freaks you out, ask for a room with anoth...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Ryan S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Houston Conroe, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
incitatus,
Thank you so much for Great review of our hotel! As General Manager not only do I like to read the reviews but also to provide feedback to the associates. Especially in your review there were many departments that provided "our valued" Marriott Expectations! Thanks again for taking time to fill out the review of our hotel and hope to see you again in the future!!
Orange, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

Great location in North side of Houston. Clean and up to date. Exit 90 is closed on ONrth I 45, get off on exit 89. appears to be a new propery or well cared far. This chain has proven to be good at all locations.

Room Tip: Quite up on the top floor (5)
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Ryan S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Houston Conroe, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Orangetiger10 , Thank you for your stay with us !! Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to rate us on trip advisor with such high marks. Come and see us again we will be glad to take care of you!!
Dallas, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

We were in town for a funeral and this was a great choice. The hotel is fairly new and still felt very clean and fresh. They even put our rooms together without asking. Breakfast was decent and the kids loved the make-your-own-Texas-shaped waffles. The only wierd thing was that the hallways had no (limited?) air conditioning. The a/c in the rooms more than made up for it!
We would stay here again, but hopefully, not for a funeral.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Ryan S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Houston Conroe, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
DixieChickDallas,

Thank you for taking the time to rate us on trip advisor.com . Thank you for your kind words of our hotel despite it being a difficult situation. If you ever need assistance for a stay near Houston again please don't hesitate to reach out to us!
Weston, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

Was just a random pick when driving south on 45

Rooms were spacious and very clean, beds very comfortable and appreciated the free Internet

Breakfast was weak just not good

Overall I would say this is a good hotel but I don't think I can justify the $110 per night + taxes they were demanding. If I wasn't absolutely exhausted at the time I would've kept driving to south Houston but if you have to stay up in the Woodlands I would say this was one of the better hotels off I-45

• Stayed June 2012
JosephSloboda,
Thank you for taking the time in rating out hotel on trip advisor.com . We appreciate your positive feedback and hope that you will look to our hotel for future stays!
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

This hotel is very new and everything is modern and clean, and NO animal smell, which is a very nice thing when staying an entire week in the hotel. There are 2 fail points though that I just have to deduct stars for because they matter. 1) This is a hotel carrying the FairField Marriott name. As such there are certain amenities that have to be of a certain quality and character. Towels and TP are two of those things. Non-fluffy towels and rough TP gets you a star deducted when you print Marriott on the sign and think it's okay to be a little cheap because the area isn't exactly a thriving metropolis. Let's face it, Conroe is a little country, but I brought my standards with me from the big city so cater to me and my tastes, not the local's. 2) Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and the one being offered here scared the begebees out of me. I'm still not sure what was wrapped on the breakfast sausage (if that's what it was) and the instant eggs made from powder...well, again, the Marriott name is getting cheaper by the second. Unfortunately I don't think the manager of this hotel is very cultured. Have they actually tasted the coffee they are serving? Some things just have to have standards. As I said though, the hotel is clean, modern, well kept. The hallways aren't airconditioned for some reason, but the a/c in the rooms was fine. You feel safe and it's a decent location that should see some future growth around it. If you can dodge the breakfast bar and run over to Kroger for some Charmin you should be good to go.

Room Tip: Maybe you don't want a room facing the back...it overlooks a cemetery, but on the up-side it'...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Houston Conroe? Share your experiences!