“Absolutely lovely!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Stone Green Farm

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mersham
Stone Green Farm
You added Stone Green Farm to your Saves list
5.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   Mersham, Ashford TN25 7HE , England   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Mersham B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
East Quogue, New York
“Absolutely lovely!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

We had a lovely stay, we appreciated the top class service we received. We were made to feel very welcome. Our 18 month old also loved it and we appreciated how well his needs were accommodated, he had fun with the toys provided, he had a cosy bed and was totally spoiled at breakfast time, he was a very happy boy! Thank you for everything, you went above and beyond, we certainly will spread the word!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
GeoffreyandCaroline, Owner at Stone Green Farm, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
We always enjoy having families stay with us at Stone Green and try to make it fun for the chilcren but also relaxing for parents (and grandparents in your case!!). We are so pleased you were able to spend sometime enjoying time in the guest sitting room with the toys and magazines. Remember where we are when you are heading back to Kent. Best wishes to you all Caroline & Geoffrey

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
south lyon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

My husband and I enjoy the B & B experience and Stone Green Farm ranks right up there with the very best we've experienced-ever. Our hosts, Caroline & Geoffrey are intelligent, good-natured, helpful, thoughtful and funny. Every possible need was anticipated and attended to. The room was lovely, immaculately clean with an extremely comfortable bed and all the amenities anyone could want or need. Breakfasts were very special and delicious with an amazing variety of choices. I'm amazed that we didn't gain any weight. It doesn't seem fair to have eaten so well and not have had to pay the piper. The lovely English guests who were there during our stay must have felt the same way as everyone was polite, charming and seemingly very well satisfied. Caroline & Geoffrey appeared to very much want us to enjoy all that Kent offered and did all they could to assist us with this. Go to Stone Green Farm. You won't be disappointed. David & Judy Johnson, South Lyon, USA

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. Having lived in the area for ever we truly want to let everyone know how lovely Kent can be. We know you had a great attempt at seeing most of the county and hope you will always have fond memories of your trip!! Do come back if you are ever in Kent again. Do have a look at our new video on the home page of our website. Kind regards Caroline & Geoffrey
Guildford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

I stumbled across Stone Green Farm on TripAdvisor as I searched for a nice country B&B to take my mum to for her 50th birthday - and I seriously hit the jackpot with Stone Green Farm! From the moment I emailed Caroline & Geoffrey, they were wonderfully helpful and friendly and no request was too much for them.
When we arrived, mid-afternoon on a rainy Saturday in September, Caroline had 2 delicious slices of her Victoria sponge waiting for us, even though her and Geoffrey had only got home moments before we'd arrived. She served us a wonderful afternoon tea in the guests' lounge, and we snuggled by the fire as the rain lashed down outside - the only shame was that we couldn't sit on their lovely-looking patio outside!
Geoffrey showed us to our room, the Bosworth Room which is in the highest, and oldest part of the house (I wouldn't fancy the stairs after a few glasses of wine, is all I'll say!) We had 2 twin beds in a gorgeous room under the beams at the top of the house (but the ceilings are still a perfectly normal height!) Our bathroom was just outside our room, but it was just for us and that was no problem, as it meant we got to sneak out in our wonderfully fluffy white robes!
The beds were incredibly comfortable, but it was the small, finishing touches that really made a difference, like their own branded Stone Green Farm soap, and the provision of toiletries like cotton pads and deodorant in the room in case you'd forgotten yours. There were even local fudge pieces on our bed, and a cereal bar in the tea/coffee making area, which was ideal for our adventures the following day.
Mum and I went out for dinner at the local (ie. 2 minutes' drive!) Farriers Arms pub, which was quite smart and served delicious food. The set menu is quite a bargain for the quality of food. We ended up back at the B&B after watching a film around half 11 and, after an embarrassing incident with the key in our door, we had a brilliant night's sleep.
I woke up very excited for my breakfast, as I could smell it cooking whilst we got ready. Caroline and Geoffrey didn't disappoint, and the spread was quite something. I am a self-confessed breakfast addict, so I was very excited by the pancakes I'd chosen, which were absolutely delicious and kept me full for hours. But I also couldn't resist the chunky muesli and Caroline's fruit compote. Mum very much enjoyed her full English - although she would have perhaps liked seeded bread for her toast (a very minor remark!) I've never been to a B&B which serves breakfast at a communal table, and I must say that I really enjoyed the experience, as we got to meet a lovely American couple and another mother/daughter who had stayed for a friend's hen party in the same pub where we'd had dinner. It was a very civilised breakfast - and I could barely move afterwards, I was so full!
All in all, Caroline and Geoffrey made for a very welcoming stay and a special weekend for my mum, for which I'm very grateful. I'm sorry I wrote so much, but my only regret is not being able to stay another night - I would quite happy have devoured more of Caroline's cake and another breakfast!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
GeoffreyandCaroline, Owner at Stone Green Farm, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
We are delighted you had such a good stay at Stone Green Farm!! Your day at the lovely Leeds Castle and Smallhythe Place seemed perfect too. We always like to be thought of as part of our guests' stay rather than the place they have chosen to stay. Your comments about our breakfast are very kind. We have mentioned to the local baker about adding sunflower seeds to the bread as well as on the outside - a great idea. Do come back to us soon - we have an autumn offer and you can re-use your annual Leeds Castle tickets!! Regards to you both and happy birthday again!! Caroline & Geoffrey
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Delightful and helpful hosts, a charming bedroom with excellent modern en-suite bath/shower room, and a really outstanding breakfast with nearly all local Kentish ingredients. Easily accessible from the M20 and therefore convenient for Dover. Certainly worth a return visit!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and it fitted in so well for two people heading from different places to meet. Your day in Canterbury and Afternoon Tea at Eastwell seem to have been a perfect way to spend a day too!! We do hope you make it back again - look at our Autumn Fruits offer on Trip Advisor!! Regards from Caroline & Geoffrey
Fukuoka-shi, Fukuoka, Japan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Clean and comfortable place with warm and friendly hosts. It was a really lovely cottage we have never stayed before in this area. We had a relaxing time although it was only one overnight. Next time, we should stay longer to enjoy the extensive garden and the grounds. I will recommend this cottage to Japanese travellers, because this cottage is located at a ideal place when exploring the southern part of England.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
GeoffreyandCaroline, Owner at Stone Green Farm, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Thank you for your kind words - we are delighted to have visitors from around the world stay at Stone Green Farm and would welcome many more from Japan! We do hope to see you both again very soon. Regards from Stone Green Farm Caroline & Geoffrey
Sutton Coldfield, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

Stayed at Stone Green Farm on our way home from our family holiday in France. We were made to feel very welcome by Caroline and Geoffrey. We even enjoyed delicious homemade cake and afternoon tea in our own sitting room overlooking the large garden. Everything is spotlessly clean and all you could need is provided for. Would definitely stay again and cannot recommend highly enough.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
GeoffreyandCaroline, Owner at Stone Green Farm, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
We are so pleased you all enjoyed your brief stay with us. It's great to have families here using the trampoline and football pitch!! Come back to discover everything Kent has to offer families - from castles, good food, shopping and lots to do in the countryside. Regards Caroline & Geoffrey
Sidmouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

We stayed in the PLUTO room for a wedding we were attending locally. On arrival we were greeted by Caroline and Geoffrey, shown to our room and offered tea and Caroline's excellent homemade Victoria Sponge in the guests sitting room, which is fully furnished with everything you would expect in your own lounge, TV, dvd's, books, sofas and chairs. The PLUTO room itself is wonderful with comfortable beds, a magnificent shower and bath, flat screen TV and what I thought a wonderful touch, a range of snacks to have with your tea or coffee. Plus the views from the room of the back garden and fields beyond are lovely. We played croquet on the lawn and football on the pitch with the family dog Gus joining in, begging the question why he hasn't been called up by England. The breakfasts were superb with local produce and a wide choice in the lovely dining room. To sum up, this is a truly exceptional B&B, in a building full of character and with hosts who make you feel like part of the family. Would recommend to everyone.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
GeoffreyandCaroline, Owner at Stone Green Farm, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
We were delighted you all enjoyed your stay. After Dover Castle was such a success, don't forget Kent has many more castles to offer!! We hope to see you all again. Regards Caroline & Geoffrey

Been to Stone Green Farm? Share your experiences!