“Charming house and friendly hosts” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Stone Green Farm

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mersham
Stone Green Farm
You added Stone Green Farm to your Saves list
5.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   Flood Street, Mersham, Ashford TN25 7HE , England   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Mersham B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Waterlooville, United Kingdom
“Charming house and friendly hosts”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

I stayed at the Stone Green Farm Bed and Breakfast for one night and i could not fault a single thing about my stay.
The house itself was beautiful and charming, the hosts were very friendly, attentive and made me feel very welcome!
I am really looking forward to my opportunity to stay again.
Thank you so much again for the stay.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Geoffrey030755, Owner at Stone Green Farm, responded to this review, February 6, 2012
We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to meeting you again in March when you are back in the area on business. Caroline & Geoffrey

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Wageningen, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2012

What a lovely house, people and room. This guesthouse had everything, like a sitting room for guests with a nice fireplace, the charms of a medieval house, a very large room and such lovely hosts! When you come here on a cold, rainy day, they will welcome you with a warm sitting room, you will sit near the fire with fresh tea and cake. GREAT!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2011

My sister and I stayed at Stone Green Farm to attend a local event and had a lovely relaxing break. All through our stay both Caroline and Geoffrey were extremely welcoming and accommodating, from the fresh pot of tea and cake on arrival, the advice on best routes to take to Canterbury and Rye, booking an excellent local restaurant on our behalf through to the variety of delicious and well cooked breakfast options. The rooms are extremely comfortable and beautifully decorated and being able to relax in the guest sitting room with log burning stove was an added bonus. Downsides ...... I wish we could have stayed a little longer. Will definitely be back in the spring.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2011

My girlfriend and I spent a wonderful weekend at Stone Green Farm a few weeks ago. Caroline and Geoffrey were a fantastic help with making the booking, getting to and from the farm, and seeing the local area, including Canterbury. The cooking was superb and the farm has a great location, off the beaten path but close to public transportation and just down the road from an excellent pub. We would be glad to go back again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Cobham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2011

The finest b&b. After reading all of the reviews on trip advisor, my expectations were set extremely high. I have travelled to Necker Island and some of the finest 5star plus hotels and houses in the world. (I supply and install luxury products). I was looking for the perfect b&b in the country to stay with my girlfriend.
We were greeted on the driveway by their polite well-mannered rather chatty son Charlie. After been shown to our room, The Bosworth Room we quickly settled in.
We trundled 100yds down the lane to the Farriers arms, a 17th century pub for supper. Only to discover a beer festival! We bumped into the hosts of the b&b, Caroline and Geoffrey. They had volunteered to help behind the bar for an hour or so in the beer tent. After their stint behind the bar we ended up chatting the night away!
The breakfast in the morning was just what the doctor ordered. Lovingly cooked by Caroline and served by Geoffrey. (Not to be confused for basil faulty). We had booked for an 8am breakfast but didn’t appear till ten! (Alarm clock didn’t go off not a hangover as Charlie might have suggested!) This was not a problem for our hosts, just more entertainment! The Eggs had been collected from Charlie’s chickens from the garden and the smoked bacon soured locally. A bespoke breakfast with what seemed to be many options.
Home from home, we felt like part of the family. A Lovely house and family, my now fiancé and I cannot wait to stay again!

Room Tip: All the rooms looked fab.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

There were two families of 4 of us staying at Stone Green Farm for a night. Everything was perfect. Caroline and Geofrrey were very pleasant and helpfull with all of us. I recommend this adress for every people who wants to stay in a refined location.
One more important thing to notice : breakfast really deserves its stars.
We project to come again, and spend more time for visiting Kent county, I am sure to find again great hospitality with Caroline and Geoffey !

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2011

I dare say you will not find a more lovely place to stay in all of England! The house is charming and so full of history. The food was so fresh and very healthy! The yard was huge and our kids loved every inch of it! The whole area is just beautiful. We had easy access to almost all of the sights we wanted to see on this trip. The hosts went way beyond what we would have expected, in taking care of us. We really felt more like extended family than guests. I am afraid any future B&B stays in other places will be disappointingly pale in comparison. If you are staying long enough, make sure to book some evening meals, too! Caroline is a wonderful cook!

Room Tip: The stairs are a bit steep, but otherwise all the rooms are very nice. The upstairs floors are a bi...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Been to Stone Green Farm? Share your experiences!