“We did our research” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Americas Best Value Inn

You added Americas Best Value Inn to your Saves list
Americas Best Value Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2436 Hwy 71 South, Columbus, TX 78934 (Formerly Country Hearth Inn Columbus)   |
Hotel virtual tour
Special Offer
Stay 2+ Nights - Save 20%
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Columbus
“We did our research”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

Me and my husband stayed in Columbus and we checked out the other hotels and compared rates and amenities. Without having to sacrifice cleanliness this was the best deal by far. Really Clean rooms and nice tv ...surprised to see the rooms as the exterior looked old. We grab some coffee in the morning and a muffin but there was no big breakfast. It was very basic with cereal and toast which was the difference between the other hotels that were charging above $100.

• Stayed August 2014
abvicolumbustx, Webmaster at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, September 15, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks for recognizing the quality, cleanliness and value that we provide at the ABVU Columbus. We know that most people value cleanliness and service above all else, so we take pride in offering this to our guests. I hope you will have the opportunity to stay with us again soon and frequently in the future.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
DEFUNIAK SPRINGS
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

Stopped here after a long day driving. Found a very clean we'll kept motel on the outside and in the lobby, and the room was just as nice we will remember this one for stays in the future. It is on of the better hotels we have come across clean and friendly.

Stayed July 2014
abvicolumbustx, Webmaster at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Dear Guest,

I’m so pleased you had a great stay with us in Columbus. We strive to meet the needs of all guests, and I’m so glad we met your needs well enough that you’ll be returning. We look forward to having you with us again -- and please spread the word about this clean, comfortable hotel.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

I was surprised to walk into a lovely room. Very clean. Very nice crown molding and all items very up-tp-date. There was a nice size flat screen mounted on the wall. Granite counter top with nice deep sink And a big framed mirror above it. Bed was very, very comfy. Bath tub was big and cozy, I could bathe My daughters without them fighting over space.
The price was very cheap AND they also gave my husband a military discount.

• Stayed July 2014
Dear Guest,

I’m so pleased to have you among our many satisfied customers. We take real pride in this hotel, and I can see by the positive reviews and comments from satisfied customers like you that we’re hitting the mark. I hope you will visit again and spread the word about our hotel. We look forward to serving you in the future.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

Looong road trip/business trip, could not handle one more gross place. This place was sick a relief and the steak house next door was fantastic !
The staff was great and the entire place had just been renovated. I am a germophobe and I travel with 2 sets of my own bedding, no need for that here. Spotless bathroom with no gross corners.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
abvicolumbustx, Webmaster at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks so much for your kind comments. I’m glad our clean, comfortable hotel in Columbus, Texas was able to meet your needs so well. You’re right: this property has been renovated and is now better than ever. We like the steakhouse next door too. Please stay with us again if your travels bring you back to our city.

Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stopped here for an overnight stay last night on our way to New Orleans. To be honest I didn't think for the type of hotel and the price, that this one would be so nice. It seems as though they have newly renovated. Clean carpet, descent furnature, new tube, counter tops and paint job. The bed was so very comfortable, and linens soft and clean. For you TV watchers, the new flat screen would work just fine. The shower pressure was the best we've had yet at a hotel. The rooms are also nice and spacious. For the class and price of this hotel, I give it a 5 star! I am so pleased. Their are also restaurants close by. We will definitely stay here again. Oh, and they must have fixed the noisy heat/condition problem the other reviewer mentioned. The one in our room was new.

• Stayed March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks so much for your kind comments. I’m so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. Yes, we have renovated this property and changed many aspects of it, so problems noted in previous reviews have likely been eliminated. We take great pride in this hotel, and I’m pleased that our attention to detail is showing. Thanks again.

Houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

The hotel was perfect for an overnight stay on a road trip from Baytown to Bandera. Sparkling clean and very comfortable bed. TV reception was not the best but it was late and we didn't care. Parking is somewhat tight for larger pickup trucks but we managed. Again, the best thing was the cleanliness and the friendliness of the person on duty. Definitely will stay there again if necessary.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thanks for noting the cleanliness and friendliness that all guests experience at our Columbus, Texas hotel. We take real pride in these things. I’m sorry the parking was a little tight in your case and there was a problem with the TV hookup that night, but I’m glad we provided the stopover you needed and hope you will consider staying with us again if the need arises.

US
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

Stopped through here on the way to Surfside Beach for the weekend to break up the 5 hour drive. Check in was fast and friendly. Our room was clean and tidy and very roomy. The bed was clean and comfortable and full of pillows. The shower's water pressure was off the chart with plenty of hot water and the tub was very large. I requested a smoking room and was surprised at how fresh the room was! Great restaurant next door and in a great location with plenty of eateries close by. There is also a electrical outlet extender mounted on the wall next to the bed for extra plug outlet needs, laptop, cell phone etc. No hunting behind the bed or dresser to plug in your electronics! What a great extra touch! Upon our arrival to our destination (Surfside), I found that I had left my cell charger plugged into the wall at America's Best. After a quick call, they reported that they did indeed find it in the room and would have it at the front desk to pick up on my way back through when I headed home. Absolutely the nicest people! Highly recommend!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind comments. We focus on providing those little extra touches that make staying with us so nice. I’m glad that attention to detail is showing. We’re a great place to stopover when heading to many destinations, and that is becoming our claim to fame at this clean, comfortable hotel. We look forward to having you with us again soon.

Hotel Manager

Been to Americas Best Value Inn? Share your experiences!