“Mediocre Property” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Columbus

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Columbus to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Columbus
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   4321 Interstate 10, I-10/US Highwayt 71, Exit 696, Columbus, TX 78934   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #3 of 5 hotels in Columbus
Wyoming
“Mediocre Property”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

First of all, the staff at this property were nice to my wife and I, and we had no trouble with service. However, the property itself is not of the usual caliber of a Holiday Inn Express. While I do understand according to the manager that the property is not re-branded, I agree with the previous commenter that it feels that way. The construction just doesn't live up to the normal brand standards, and while the property is in alright shape as of now, I can see it going down hill much faster than a well-built property. The carpet was certainly a low spot in the room. On the brighter side, there is an actual Dish receiver in the room, so you're not stuck with just a few channels of Standard Definition TV like at some properties. There wasn't anything really wrong with the stay, just nothing that stands out and makes me want to come back.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

35 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Marietta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Arrived saturday night and had to stand at the counter a long time because the front desk clerk was watching football game in another room. He came to check us in during a commercial. The mattress was in poor condition and the poor workmanship of the building construction shows, especially in the bathroom. I bet this was a cheaper hotel re-branded as Holiday Inn Express, because I've stayed at plenty of Holiday Inn Express much nicer. This one doesnt really live up to the brand.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
MelindaDColumbus, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Columbus, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Good Morning ,

I'm so sorry that you did not enjoy your stay. I cant imagine one of our front desk clerks watching a football game and waiting for a commercial to come on to check you in this is unacceptable and I need to corrected it. Unfortunately I am unable to find your name in our system. I don't show that you have ever stayed here. If you could please supply me with a date and name. I can preview on camera what happened on that date and take proper measurements to assure this doesn't happen again. We are not a Re-branded Hotel, We have always been a Holiday Inn Express. We pride ourselves on good service and good products. All of the mattress in every room are new with the name and date of your stay I can find what room you stayed in and see if that particular mattress has defects. Again, I'm sorry that you did not have a good experience , if you are ever in the area again please come by and let us make it up to you .

Eden, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012 via mobile

Staff was very welcoming at almost 11pm when we arrived. Very clean and inviting but strange smell in the 3rd floor room - yet nothing to prevent a good night's sleep. Delicious breakfast with a nice variety. We would stay again, in fact this was our second stay!

• Stayed June 2012
MelindaDColumbus, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Columbus, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Good Afternoon ,

Thank you so much for you comments it means a lot to us. We love seeing good reviews and We look forward to seeing you in the future. Thank you from all of us here at Holiday inn Express Columbus TX .

Killeen, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012 via mobile

I have nothing but good things to say about this hotel. This is my second stay here and I'm still happy. It's reasonably priced and the rooms are clean and bed is comfy! Front desk is clean and check in was a breeze!

• Stayed June 2012
Good Morning ,

Thank you so much for you comments we really appreciate it. This is what we work so hard to do is to please our guest. Its good to hear that we are doing our job. Again,Thank you from all us here at Holiday Inn Express Columbus TX .

Angleton, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

First of all it an easy off and easy on on I 10 interstate. Its close to various restaurants,an HEB, and a Walmart close by in case you need anything. The people are friendly and helpfull. The morning breakfast is good and free. My rooms have all been clean and neat.The TV has many channels, also good A.C.

Room Tip: The south side rooms are a lot quieter.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
MelindaDColumbus, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Columbus, responded to this review, May 31, 2012
Thank you for your kind words regarding our staff and hotel from your visits with us! We appreciate your comments and thank you for your business.
We have a great team at the property and everyone is dedicated to delivering top quality service. According to your review, we have been successful relating to that matter.
Thanks again for your kind words and sharing with other travelers. See you in Columbus TX soon!

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

Conveniently located off of the freeway. Front desk staff was friendly and knowledgable. Favorite part of my stay was the fresh, deluxe breakfast. The room was clean and comfortable. Price was just right for an unexpected stop along my trip.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites for your recent stay in Columbus TX. We have read your comments about the hotel and we greatly appreciate that you took the time to write them, as our guests’ satisfaction is our main priority.
It is very important for us that our guests’ experiences are shared.
It was a pleasure to have you as our guest. We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your collaboration and we hope to see you again soon at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites .

Alvin, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

I have to agree with others that say this hotel is noisy. The walls are very thin. You can hear the rooms next to you and above you, so try to get a room on the top floor and on the end of the hall. Other than the noise, the hotel was not bad. The service was friendly and the room was clean. The breakfast was pretty good compared to most "free" breakfast at other hotels. We have stayed at this hotel twice. It appears from the outside to be the nicest in the area although there is a new Comfort Inn that looks nice too. I would not hesitate to stay here again if I needed a hotel in this area, but I would try to get a better room placement.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. We are sorry that you did not get a well rested evening at our hotel. We understand that our guests have choices when it comes to lodging and appreciate the fact that you stayed with us. I tried to find your name so that I could pull up your profile in our computer system and tag it with the problem that you had during your last stay . By tagging your profile we can avoid this problem during your future visits . If you would like me tag your profile please call me toll free 1.866.901.9301
Again, we apologize for your experience at the hotel and hope that you will return to the property in the future.

Columbus TX

Been to Holiday Inn Express Columbus? Share your experiences!