“Stay Elsewhere!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 30 Hotels in College Station
New York City, New York
“Stay Elsewhere!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2011

I never did get to stay at the Manor Inn and I never will. For medical reasons my trip had to be canceled, and they had the audacity to charge me a one night cancellation fee. You would think that this place is in a high end exclusive resort. The fact is that there is nothing special about the hotel or the location, and that there are plenty of other hotels in the area. Many are in the same price range, and better kept than the Manor Inn.

Do yourself a favor and spend your hard earned money at a more reputable business. For this type of hotel to refuse a full refund is simply unconscionable!

Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2011

The Manor Inn is just a short drive from Texas A&M, which worked out great for my visit. It isn't anything fancy, but a nice room for a great price. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful. The room was clean and comfortable, with a fridge and microwave. The a/c was a little loud, but not unbearable. There are several places to eat within walking distance. I skipped the included breakfast, and walked over to Shipley's donuts instead, but the breakfast didn't look too bad when I passed through the lobby. The one thing that did bother me about the location was that, depending on where your room is located, it can seem pretty isolated. I was traveling alone, and would have preferred a room on the outward facing side. Having said that, I'm sure the friendly staff would have allowed me to switch rooms, had I asked. Overall it is a great hotel for the price, and I will stay there again on future visits to A&M.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
League City, TX
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2011

I was in town on business and this MOTEL was a joke. Everytime I left my room and came back I had to get new keys because the keys would NEVER work more than once....oh, and I was here for 6 nights. The "breakfast" was terrible. I was the first one there when it opened for breakfast and there was one bagel, which looked as if it had been there for days, there was zero coffee to be found, and the apple juice and orange juice were hot......not luke-warm or room temp, but HOT. Really?? The front desk was typical....didn't care about the issues I was having and blew me off each time I had a complaint. Each time housekeeping came in to clean they turned the a/c up to 80. It's July in Texas....it's more than 100 degrees outside. So, when I would return after a long day of class and fire training, my room was a hot, humid swamp of a mess.

I will never stay here again.

Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Katy, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2011

We had an outstanding experience. We arrived late without a booking and the staff could not have been more obliging. Although the hotel was essentially full, we were not even charged full rate for the room which we were given. I have stayed there before and have always found the owner and staff to be exceptionally pleasant and accommodating. Would definitely recommend Manor Inn!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2011

This motel have what we aspect, the room are remodel nicely, new bathroom, new beds,exterior is clean, good location, hot breakfast. Staff friendly place
I will always return to this place when i travel in college station, tx
I strongly recommended this place.

Room Tip: Ask for your request and the staff will help you.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Corpus Christi, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2011

I had chosen this hotel for the good reviews and the value price, but I wish I would have paid the extra $40- 50 and gotten a better room. We were only there for a night, but it was the worst night's sleep ever. The sheets smelled funny (so did the room) The air conditioning on this hot 90 degree night was so loud. We were watching a movie and had to turn it way up every time the air came on. Plus when the air was on, it was freezing and then a few minutes after it had shut off, I'd wake up sweating. The area is loud and the clientele seemed a little shady... people hanging out in the parking lot, late. In the morning we had an appt at 11:00 so we figured that we'd hang around and get a later breakfast at about 9:30 because upon arrival the woman told us breakfast was until 10, but they were all cleaned up by the time I got there. I was told that it was a fairly new time for the weekend- they used to stay open until 10- the clerk must have forgot. Next time I will definitely pay the extra for a better feeling of security and cleanliness. Oh and we received better wifi signal from the hotel across the parking lot than than the Manor's while in our room

Room Tip: This is a motel type buliding
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2011 via mobile

I've stayed at several motels on my trips to College Station including this motel about 5 years ago and swore I would never go back. Because of a last minute trip and no other rooms available for less than $100 I had to. Needlessly to say the newly renovated rooms were nice, clean, and very cold ( just the way I like it).The lady at check in was very nice. The breakfast they offered was more than I was expecting. I am a huge waffle lover and loved their waffles. The kids enjoyed the pool. I will definitely recommend this motel to friends as they go to visit their kids that's are currently attending A&M. Expectaions were more than met and will defiantly stay there again.

• Stayed March 2011

Been to Manor Inn College Station? Share your experiences!