“mixed” 3 of 5 stars

Save up to 25%
Ranked #26 of 34 Hotels in College Station

A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

I want to start off on the positive side of my review. First the staff was professional. I reserved 17 rooms for my soccer team and if we were able to move to a different location I would of moved all 17 rooms and families to a different hotel. Since I am a LaQuinta Gold member this by far was the worst LaQuinta that I have ever stayed at. My room had numerous issues and if the lady at the front desk would not of said that they were no rooms in the city or at the hotel the I couldn't really complain. First I still had towels hanging on the back on my bathroom door from the previous guests, both beds were old and sunking in at the middle, the carpet had red stains everywhere and I had to convince my kids that it wasn't blood but rather pizza sauce. Theirs rooms there have outside doors and the stairs that lead to the second floor are leaning and it's a matter of time before someone gets hurt. I had 17 families yelling at me for putting them in this hotel and that they were very disappointed that I picked that hotel to house 35 people. If i ever have to go back to College Station I will NOT be staying at this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Stafford, TX
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Apparently, all of the pet lovers have discovered this hotel. The hotel even has a plaque in the lobby stating that they have been declared a pet lover's hotel, or something to that effect. Everywhere I went, I saw people with dogs, and heard dogs barking in rooms. One couple even thought it appropriate to bring their dog into the breakfast area while they inspected the breakfast offerings. I even saw a cat watching me from the window when I walked by a room. I think that literally half or more of the rooms had pets in them when I was there. Is this good or bad? Depends on whether you like animals and want to travel and dine with them, I suppose. Fortunately, no dog barking interrupted me sleeping at odd hours due to my work schedule. The walls seem to be thick enough to avoid that.

On to the room itself....a little run down, which is what I've come to expect from La Quinta. Needs little touch ups that hotels like this don't seem to bother with. Fraying carpet edges, scuffed up paint, toilet seats that need to be replaced, rust on the outer door, etc. The bed was comfortable and the linens clean. The room was very dark during the day when I shut the curtains, a definite plus if you need to sleep during daylight hours.

The thing that really bothered me, though, was when I got to the room and saw that the shower curtain had mold on the bottom. I mean, the entire bottom section was covered in mold. I called the front desk to request a replacement. The maintenance guy brought one quickly. Guess what....the one he brought had less mold than the original. I guess I should be grateful?

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank percolator
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

The College Station LaQuinta provides a good, clean room at a reasonable rate. The hotel is older, but the rooms have been kept pretty up to date. There are restaurants within walking distance and it is located very close to the A&M campus. The breakfast was good and provided a variety of hot and cold choices. The front desk was very helpful and friendly. I will be more than happy to stay at this location next time I am in the area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank beachfun09
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

If you're expecting Alfred to bring poached eggs on fine bone china to your door in the morning, do not book a room here! If you want a clean, decent place to shower and stretch out for the night, this is a great spot to do so. The front desk and breakfast staff were very helpful and pleasant. The breakfast is your basic fare- waffle iron, cereal, toast, yogurt, fruit. The pool looked lovely, especially after a day in the Texas heat. The location, on the perimeter of TAMU, is perfect! There are a lot of places to eat within walking distance. Fuego's Mexican was hopping at lunch time and nearby are Denny's, Chili's, Lupe's Tortillas, Cane's Chicken and more. We will continue to book a room here when we visit our student. Book well in advance if there is a game that weekend!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
dallas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Good location by Texas A&M and many restaurants. Denny's and three Mexican restaurants very close. Room was nice and clean but needed more outlets for phone and computer charges. Lobby breakfast was typical but no papers available.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business