“Clean Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Four Points by Sheraton College Station

You added Four Points by Sheraton College Station to your Saves list
Four Points by Sheraton College Station
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1503 South Texas Avenue, College Station, TX 77840 (Formerly Clarion Hotel College Station)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #24 of 34 Hotels in College Station
Austin, Texas
“Clean Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Rooms seemed clean as did the lobby area. I did not eat the breakfast so I can not comment about that. The single elevator seemed pretty slow. Overall a nice stay with no complaints. Close to park where softball tournament was played.

• Stayed November 2012

Round Rock, Texas, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

I was very excited to book 2 rooms at this hotel for the weekend of A&M vs LSU!
This was one of the only hotels still available (in December 2011) in town after the game was announced.

Out of the blue and without any notice, on April 26th I noticed two charges on my credit card for the amount of $526. Turns out that is the full amount + taxes for the hotel stays which should have occurred at the end of October. That's over $1K. That's a lot of money!

I called the hotel to inquire about the charges. The girl at the front desk had no idea. When I finally talked to someone else ( the manager I think ), he said those charges were deposits.

What hotel charges the full amount as deposit 6 months in advance?!?!?
No other hotel in College Station has ever even charged me a deposit!

At this point, I'm not happy. But at least I have hotel rooms for the LSU game weekend.

I had friends back out on me the week of the game. So I cancelled the reservations well before the cancellation deadline. I cancelled via Starwood Preferred (the rewards program) rather than the hotel directly. When I asked about my deposits, she was very confused. She said my reservations did not require a deposit.

It has been over 10 days. I have still not received a refund of my deposits!
I am still working with Starwood to resolve this problem.

My advice is to stay away from this hotel!!!!

Room Tip: Book at a reputable hotel instead!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Robert C
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

We were pleasantly surprised at the Texas hospitality shown to us at the Four Points in College Station. The lobby welcomed us with a balloon arch of half Texas A&M balloons and the other half LSU purple and gold balloons. It was a great spot for a picture too. The rooms were updated, very clean and comfortable. The lobby was spacious and had the games of the day playing on several TV"S. The breakfast was good. The desk clerks were helpful and attentive.
The hotel was an easy one mile walk to the stadium. After the LSU victory we were treated to cold lemonade and delicious cookies in the lobby. I would stay here again when LSU plays the Aggies in 2 years!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Victoria, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

I absolutely LOVE this hotel! I am a person who loves fluffy blankets, pillows, clean smell and look... but even the most expensive hotels sometime upset me, however, this hotel I have stayed at many times and never has it not exceeding my expectations! Hotel staff very helpful, allows early check in if available even (10 AM). Restaurant food is great, coffee always out and fresh, great workout facilities and very convenient to the college, walking distance to Mexican restaurant, very close to Bakery and fast food hamburger chain.

Room Tip: Can't go wrong.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Lewisville, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

I trust Starwood hotels, and this Four Points by Sheraton reaffirmed that trust. My family stayed here for two nights while we got our eldest moved in to his new dorm room. Of course our emotions were running on roller coaster mode for the weekend with peeks of excitement for our son's new adventure and with dips of sadness from the pending separation. Our hotel made the whole ordeal more bearable, since we live four hours away from the campus. We checked in the night before the move in, got him into his dorm the next morning, spent the day with him roaming the campus and picking up last minute necessities, stayed an additional night to rest, and had breakfast with our son before heading home.

First, it was very easy to find and very close to the Texas A&M campus. Literally it is just blocks away.

Second, there are several mall strips nearby with various food choices and a Cold Stone Creamery just across the street. This was a welcome stress release after the move in.

Third, the rooms were very clean with free wireless, glass door showers, and super soft bed coverings. The housekeeping staff were very friendly and thorough as well.

Fourth, there was two separate locations for elevator access, and the doors to access the building apart from the main lobby required room key cards.

The only reason I was hesitant to not give a five star ranking was due to the pool being closed for maintenance. I guess when maintenance is needed, maintenance is needed. During August it is nice to cool down with a swim, so I guess this was all the more reason that the ice cream from Cold Stone was so good.

Room Tip: Inquire ahead of time if the pool will be open if swimming is desired.
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Stayed last weekend to help nieces move to TAMU. We were very impressed with the recent renovation. Great beds with extra puffy pillows and comforter, HD TV all with the new concept stay type accommodations. Workout room was well equiped and the restaurant was great for breakfast, not included but VERY inexpensive and delicious. Our room thermostat was not working but was fixed immediately without a hitch. The pool was out of order on our weekend so the kids could not swim. The pool inconvenience was the only problem. Staff was extremely friendly, especially our waitress at the restaurant. The hotel was full. Location is across from University on Texas Avenue. Economical, great local, clean and friendly. Thanks guys.

Room Tip: Check on pool in advance of trip if needed. No tub in our room, only large showers in this modern c...
Lewisville, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

I got a fantastic deal on this hotel through an online travel site. I've previously stayed at a newly constructed Four Points hotel in Oklahoma City, and it was an enjoyable experience. Obviously, I had similarly high expectations for this hotel. We were in town for a college graduation.

Location: Great, close to the A&M campus. Many retail and dining options close by.

Room: The room was clean, the air conditioner worked great, and the bed was comfortable. We never heard a peep out of our neighbors, and we slept well. However, as a previous poster mentioned, there is a slight musty odor in the hotel. I noticed it upon entering the lobby, and continued to notice it in our room. Eventually I grew accustomed to the smell, and it didn't bother me.

Service: Yikes. This hotel was at full capacity during our stay because it was graduation weekend. The service at the front desk was friendly and efficient. However, we visited the bar one evening and the service was terrible. There was only one bar tender/waitress working, and poor thing, she was totally overwhelmed. We took at seat at the bar, waited for about 15 minutes without even being acknowledged, then left. Again, at breakfast the next morning, we took a seat, and although the restaurant/bar appeared to have several additional staff members working, we were never acknowledged. A member of our party went through the buffet, and returned with a plate of COLD eggs. Not lukewarm, cold. Not too appetizing. We left $3 on the table, and left to find morning grub at an area restaurant.

All in all, it was an OK stay. The accommodations were adequate, but the service in the bar/restaurant was terrible. Would I stay here again? Maybe, if I could get a good deal. Would I pay "retail" for a room at this hotel? Absolutely not.

• 3 of 5 stars