“Wonderful, as usual!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Four Points by Sheraton College Station

You added Four Points by Sheraton College Station to your Saves list
Four Points by Sheraton College Station
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1503 South Texas Avenue, College Station, TX 77840 (Formerly Clarion Hotel College Station)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #14 of 30 Hotels in College Station
“Wonderful, as usual!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

I absolutely LOVE this hotel! I am a person who loves fluffy blankets, pillows, clean smell and look... but even the most expensive hotels sometime upset me, however, this hotel I have stayed at many times and never has it not exceeding my expectations! Hotel staff very helpful, allows early check in if available even (10 AM). Restaurant food is great, coffee always out and fresh, great workout facilities and very convenient to the college, walking distance to Mexican restaurant, very close to Bakery and fast food hamburger chain.

Room Tip: Can't go wrong.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Lewisville, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

I trust Starwood hotels, and this Four Points by Sheraton reaffirmed that trust. My family stayed here for two nights while we got our eldest moved in to his new dorm room. Of course our emotions were running on roller coaster mode for the weekend with peeks of excitement for our son's new adventure and with dips of sadness from the pending separation. Our hotel made the whole ordeal more bearable, since we live four hours away from the campus. We checked in the night before the move in, got him into his dorm the next morning, spent the day with him roaming the campus and picking up last minute necessities, stayed an additional night to rest, and had breakfast with our son before heading home.

First, it was very easy to find and very close to the Texas A&M campus. Literally it is just blocks away.

Second, there are several mall strips nearby with various food choices and a Cold Stone Creamery just across the street. This was a welcome stress release after the move in.

Third, the rooms were very clean with free wireless, glass door showers, and super soft bed coverings. The housekeeping staff were very friendly and thorough as well.

Fourth, there was two separate locations for elevator access, and the doors to access the building apart from the main lobby required room key cards.

The only reason I was hesitant to not give a five star ranking was due to the pool being closed for maintenance. I guess when maintenance is needed, maintenance is needed. During August it is nice to cool down with a swim, so I guess this was all the more reason that the ice cream from Cold Stone was so good.

Room Tip: Inquire ahead of time if the pool will be open if swimming is desired.
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Stayed last weekend to help nieces move to TAMU. We were very impressed with the recent renovation. Great beds with extra puffy pillows and comforter, HD TV all with the new concept stay type accommodations. Workout room was well equiped and the restaurant was great for breakfast, not included but VERY inexpensive and delicious. Our room thermostat was not working but was fixed immediately without a hitch. The pool was out of order on our weekend so the kids could not swim. The pool inconvenience was the only problem. Staff was extremely friendly, especially our waitress at the restaurant. The hotel was full. Location is across from University on Texas Avenue. Economical, great local, clean and friendly. Thanks guys.

Room Tip: Check on pool in advance of trip if needed. No tub in our room, only large showers in this modern c...
Lewisville, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

I got a fantastic deal on this hotel through an online travel site. I've previously stayed at a newly constructed Four Points hotel in Oklahoma City, and it was an enjoyable experience. Obviously, I had similarly high expectations for this hotel. We were in town for a college graduation.

Location: Great, close to the A&M campus. Many retail and dining options close by.

Room: The room was clean, the air conditioner worked great, and the bed was comfortable. We never heard a peep out of our neighbors, and we slept well. However, as a previous poster mentioned, there is a slight musty odor in the hotel. I noticed it upon entering the lobby, and continued to notice it in our room. Eventually I grew accustomed to the smell, and it didn't bother me.

Service: Yikes. This hotel was at full capacity during our stay because it was graduation weekend. The service at the front desk was friendly and efficient. However, we visited the bar one evening and the service was terrible. There was only one bar tender/waitress working, and poor thing, she was totally overwhelmed. We took at seat at the bar, waited for about 15 minutes without even being acknowledged, then left. Again, at breakfast the next morning, we took a seat, and although the restaurant/bar appeared to have several additional staff members working, we were never acknowledged. A member of our party went through the buffet, and returned with a plate of COLD eggs. Not lukewarm, cold. Not too appetizing. We left $3 on the table, and left to find morning grub at an area restaurant.

All in all, it was an OK stay. The accommodations were adequate, but the service in the bar/restaurant was terrible. Would I stay here again? Maybe, if I could get a good deal. Would I pay "retail" for a room at this hotel? Absolutely not.

Cypress, Texas, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

Long time Starwood Gold member and stay in SPG hotels all the time. The entire hotel has a very musty, nasty odor. Especially bad by the 1st floor elevators and included our room on top floor. In addition at in our room, the small porch area outside our sliding door was covered with bird droppings making it obvious it had not been cleaned in quite a while. You can’t open the sliding door as there has been a permanent mechanical stop installed at the bottom but you can still look out and see the nastiness right outside the window. I am sure not allowing the door to open makes it nearly impossible for the cleaning crew to get out there to do their job. Not smart.

The room itself was nice, and the bedding was great. Had the breakfast there (only $3) and it wasn't bad. The restaurant area does not have the odor issue like the rest of the hotel.

Won't stay here again unless they can confirm they have corrected the cleanliness and odor issues.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Austin, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

We were wary as a result of the low rating from TripAdvisor. We had stayed at other hotels in the area that were ranked higher and they were terrible. Four Points a great experience. The location was awesome, the room was clean. We at first were irked about no "free" breakfast. But we had an awesome hot served to order breakfast in the hotel restaurant for only $3. McDonald's can't even beat that price. It was easy to get to the A&M campus from this location. Many restaurants are in walking distance. If you didn't want to fight traffic for an A&M football game, people in good shape could easily walk to Kyle Field. Our only negative was a little paint peeling from the bathroom ceiling. Besides that we had a great stay!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Keller, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

Our second time at this hotel. The first time, we stayed during a weekend when there were youth tournaments going on because the place was active and loud all day and night. The problem is that the rooms are not sound proof so it made for a little aggravation. We were on the 3rd floor.
The second stay 2 months later, I asked that we have a quiet floor and we were given a room on the 4th floor. This must be the place where families are recommended to stay at because of kids running around without adult supervision. While in the hall and walking past rooms, I could hear conversation throught the door of a room.
Lobby is nice. The king bed was comfortable. The staff friendly.
Dangerous to cross against steady traffic .
Unfortunately, we will not stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for top floor away from elevator.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton College Station, responded to this review, June 25, 2012
mktg45,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel I always like to hear goof things about our team. I would also like to apologize for the noise you experienced while staying with us. I know when I am staying in a Hotel I want to feel like I am the only person there. It sounds like your experience was not overall positive and I am very sorry about that. We do try to reserve certain floors for families or guests with noise concerns (especially on the weekends) so the noise levels will be kept at a minimum. I am personally going to speak with all department heads and try to come up with a better idea of how to keep the noise at a minimum.

Amanda Free
Director, Food and Beverage

Been to Four Points by Sheraton College Station? Share your experiences!