“NIce Hotel for the price” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Four Points by Sheraton College Station

You added Four Points by Sheraton College Station to your Saves list
Four Points by Sheraton College Station
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1503 South Texas Avenue, College Station, TX 77840 (Formerly Clarion Hotel College Station)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #17 of 31 Hotels in College Station
San Antonio, Texas
“NIce Hotel for the price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

My wife and I stayed here in May 2012. We only stayed 1 night but found the hotel to be clean with rooms that were fairly recently refurbished. The staff was polite and helpful when asked about surrounding businesses. The bed was comfortable and the room was nice especially considering the price. My only complaint (and I often find this to be the case in hotels) was that there was a slight gap in the curtain that allowed sunlight in the room in the morning. It would have been nice to sleep in. Oh well, still a nice place to stay.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Amanda F, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton College Station, responded to this review, June 18, 2012
TexasLacey,

Thank you for the compliments, it’s always nice to receive such kind praise. We look forward to hosting your family next time you are in BCS.

College Station, Texas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Edmonton, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

We stayed here because there were few rooms left in the town for our one night stay. We've found that staying at a Four Points is always rolling the dice as it might be very good, or it might be very poor. This hotel is on the lower end. I wouldn't give it high marks for cleanliness though it has been redecorated. All white bathrooms mean seeing a lot of dirt, hair, etc. that a guest generally doesn't want to see. Also, they cannot guarantee what type of room you will get. We booked a king bed and got 2 queens. When we asked for the king, they said they were all taken and that they never guarantee which you will get. Not great customer service. For over $110/night, this was no where near a decent value.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Amanda F, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton College Station, responded to this review, May 30, 2012
Starkerama08,

I understand your feelings regarding your room allocation. Whilst we do accept room requests, it is not possible to guarantee room types when booking through a third party. I myself have encountered this problem when booking through third parties because, unfortunately- these services are not managed by the hotels. However, please be assured, every effort is made to accommodate our guests requests. I do apologise for the disappointment you experienced and if you ever do decide to stay with us again please contact me directly and I will make sure your requests are given top priority.

Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012

Stayed the night at Four points April 28th while attending a weekend baseball tournament in College Station, and boy were we surprised. Based on prior reviews read I didn't initially feel good about our upcoming stay but after researching and reading that the hotel had been updated I decided to change it at $80/night. I am glad I did.
Everything was new. The room and bathroom were both clean. The beds were amazingly comfortable. The flat screen tv was a plus and the hotel staff were very welcoming. Our entire stay was pleasing overall and the only reason I am not giving the hotel 5 stars is due to the quality and shortage of breakfast food served. We went down 15min prior to it being over and everything was gone for the most part. The traces of food left weren't the best..cold eggs, overcooked bacon, and lumpy gravy. I feel regardless of the time left during breakfast hours, the food options should have remained plentiful and the food should have been quality, fresh and hot the entire time. Had we been able to eat breakfast, this hotel would have received a perfect score.

We will definitely return despite the one downfall. We just know the next time around to prepare to eat breakfast elsewhere. But hopefully the hotel is working to prevent this occurring on a regular basis.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Amanda F, Food and Beverage Director at Four Points by Sheraton College Station, responded to this review, May 16, 2012
jg79houston,

I am sorry to learn of your disappointment with the food offered to you at The Century Cafe. I assure you that quality is our number one priority and I have personally addressed your concerns. Thank you for taking the time to bring this to my attention. I am grateful for your comments as such information enables us to continually monitor and improve the service we are offering.

texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

The renovated Sheraton was a nice change. The decor was contemporary, liked outlets on the side of furniture. Lighting good. Very comfortable bed, chair and ottoman. Guests around me very noisy. Banging on the wall, ceiling; family quarrels; it makes you wonder what these people were doing. Breakfast was very decent and affordable; but cold.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Amanda F, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton College Station, responded to this review, June 20, 2012
gourmet_galDallas_tx,

Thanks for the feedback, I'm sorry to hear your neighbors were being noisy. If this ever happens again please give the front desk a call so we can ensure you the quiet that you deserve and expect out of a hotel. I hope you choose to stay with us again based on your positive experiences.

Austin, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2012

I feel sorry for anyone that gets this place by bidding via hotwire or priceline - somehow both consider this a 3 star property while it is no where near it. At first you'll be glad you got a 3 star hotel for $60. Then you will find out it is the 4 Points and the disappointment starts when you see the picture of the place (eww it looks like a cheesy motel), only gets worse when you realize you could have stayed at other nicer, newer places and got a free breakfast etc for less.

This is an older property that was redone, and the exterior looks like something from 1970's. Oh and those balconies.... you can't access them. The sliding doors in the rooms are permanently closed. The inside is over done and trying to hard too be hip. Focus more on what is important, like electrical outlets in the rooms so I can charge everything.

The biggest fault I have is service. I travel a lot. Weekly. I'm used to college kids working the front desk. These front desk people are nice and friendly, but incompetent and can't do the most basic tasks without asking someone.

The only good thing is the location. I would never stay here again though, ever. They couldn't pay me to. I wont use hotwire or priceline in CS out of fear of getting this place.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
AndrewSt44,

I’m sorry you had a bad experience while staying with us. The balconies do not open for safety and security reasons and there are outlets on the nightstands next to the beds and on the desk. As far as service is concerned I would love to hear more about your experience so I can assure it is never an issue again. Please feel free to contact me anytime.

Los Angeles
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

Not sure what to say about this hotel. This is the perfect example of why I usually don't do chain hotels. It has the personality of half a brick! Cheeeezy galore! Nothing is necessarily wrong with it but the decor and room and quality of the linen and soaps etc etc were just not up to scratch. Ugly and tasteless is the perfect description. Service for b/fast and at the bar was not very good and all the staff seemed to possess a less than caring attitude about their customers. Bring your own slippers as you don't want to walk barefoot on their grimy carpets which is surprising as the hotel is not that old. I would avoid this hotel in favor of a boutique hotel in nearby Bryan (I won't name it) and the town of Bryan has more personality anyways.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

I have twice stayed in this hotel and wow...I did not expect for it to be this great. It opened less than a year ago and is decorated nicely. The room and bathroom were clean, television offered many channels, and staff were nice. Four Points is the bottom of the barrel for SPG so I was suprised at how nicely decorated and clean it was.

The bed is not the most comfortable (very firm), but for one night it did the job.

Room Tip: Don't get a room by the elevator.