“Average Hampton Inn” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 30 Hotels in College Station
Joplin
“Average Hampton Inn”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

Hello! Had a one night stay about 1 week ago. We were on a college visit to Texas A&M. The area the hotel is in is under construction and we came in the back way and almost missed it! However the construction didn't cause us any problems while we were there. The front desk clerk was helpful and friendly. The lobby area was fine, elevators were ok ( one was undergoing repairs). The room and bathroom were quite small with 2 full size beds (not queens), but it was clean and ac worked well which was good because it was hot in College Station! The room was quiet - didn't hear any outside or other room noise. Breakfast was good and replenished as needed. Used computer terminal in lobby - slow! and no desk to sit at while using it. Front desk staff helpful with directions and supplied map of university which was very nice. Across street from Sonic, and near many restaurants but none are really within walking distance. 10 to 15 minutes from Texas A&M. All in all, a nice reliable place to stay... clean, pleasant... I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Polish first
San Angelo, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

We were in College Station for Family Weekend at Tx A & M. Being Family weekend meant everything was very full and busy. When we arrived at the hotel we were greeted promptly by a very friendly manager and desk clerk. We were checked in and then offered extra help and information on what was going on at TAMU. What a way to help parents that haven't been through this before.
The room was very clean and seemed to be freshly updated. I was greeted by every staff member that I saw showing the great service they offer. The breakfast was the typical Hampton breakfast which is always dependably great.
Thanks for a wonderful stay!!!

Room Tip: Book as early as possible as the town's hotels fill up if there is anything going on at the univ...
Aurora, CO
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

We were really just looking for a place to sleep and put our bags while visiting Texas A&M. This is your average Hampton Inn. The room was small but clean and the staff was friendly. Breakfast was your typical Hampton Inn buffet. The location suited us as it is right down the street from Texas A&M and we got a good rate which includes breakfast.

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

I got this hotel through priceline bidding. I always bid and I never have a problem with the hotels I end up with, but I have heard horror stories. Apon arrival to the hotel, I noticed that a part of the area the hotel was in looked a little sketchy, immediately I was worried. However, the other section of the hotel is right in the middle of everything. So, if you're visiting Bryan ( which I was) it was only a short trip to see whomever, and if you need something in College Station, it was equally accessible. So, I decided the are wasn't really sketchy, it was just Bryan.

Anyway, I was greeted warmly and lovely by the hotel staff upon entering the hotel. I noticed that they had fresh cookies, coffee, and water sitting out for the guest to enjoy, it was a nice touch. When I got my room assignment though, I was not pleased. I was traveling alone, and they assigned me the very first room, next to the elevators and work out room. It had two full size beds in it, just for me.

So, I went back up to the desk, and asked for a King bed. She tried to fix it, but only ended up telling me that with Priceline bids the rooms were fixed. Annoyed, and a little embarrassed, I went to my shatty room by the elevators.

Later that night after a long, grueling,exhausting day with my "hood" :) family in Bryan, I decided there was no way I was staying in that room. So, with my Hilton card in hand, I went back to the desk again. There was a different girl working this time, so I politely asked to be moved. Ten minutes later, and with a great smile I might add, she moved me into a King bed on the second floor.

I had the best nights sleep here. The bed was soft, smelled clean, and the pillows were just the right amount of fluffy. Stay at the Hampton Inn. This was my first time, but with all Hilton properties, it wont be my last.

Room Tip: Bid on Priceline. This room was going for $120, I got it for $50
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

Judging by an earlier review, the rooms must be different sizes. We had an end room on the second floor and it was decent, but very small with a low ceiling. The employees were very nice and the breakfast and coffee bar were above average for being complimentary. It is close to Texas A and M, but on a very busy street. We walked next door to Applebee's for dinner which was a pleasant experience as well.

Mabank, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2012

I traveled to College Station with my daughter for a couple of days in Feb. to attend an Engineering Conference at A&M. I was pretty disappointed in the hotel overall. The room was nice enough but the ac/heating unit was falling apart. The biggest complaint I have is that they don't enforce their no smoking policy. We were on a floor with non-smoking rooms (according to the placards outside each door) but it was very obvious that our room had been smoked in regularly and I had to put a towel at the bottom of our door to keep the smoke smell coming in from the people smoking in the hallway. For a room that cost me about $150 a night I was expecting more.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Georgetown, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2011

It's just off the by-pass so it's convenient. The rooms are nice and clean and the staff was a bit preoccupied with their I-phones.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business

Been to Hampton Inn College Station? Share your experiences!