“We Won't Be Back” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Knights Inn College Station

Save Saved
You added Knights Inn College Station to your Saves list
Knights Inn College Station
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   104 Texas Ave. South, College Station, TX 77840 (Formerly Kiva Inn College Station)   |
Ranked #27 of 29 hotels in College Station
Carthage, Texas, United States
“We Won't Be Back”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

We needed a room for three nights on a busy weekend in College Station. The lobby smelled like Fabuloso cleaner. The area behind the front desk was a mess of boxes. The plant in the lobby was duct-taped to the wall. The manager was not friendly. (The night desk clerk was much nicer.) The rooms open to the parking lot. Our room was clean, the AC and wireless internet worked well. The pool is on the back side of the hotel, near the street. When I went to find it, two street people were crouched on the back stairway and they asked to use my ATM card. I reported it, but it was worrisome and we did not venture back to that side of the hotel the rest of our stay. We did not eat the complimentary breakfast. This hotel's location and the fairly large trees (for Central Texas) would make a nice retro-style upscale venue if someone would invest the money. I'm really surprised that the Wyndham chain is affiliated with this property.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side of the hotel are probably quieter than the one we had, which faced the parkin...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

112 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
La Pryor
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

I arrived in mid afternoon and it took less than 5 minutes to check in and get to my room. The room was very clean the front desk was very helpful and efficient. The location is great just across the street from Texas A&M University. No problem with parking, well lit and a comfortable bed and pillows. I enjoyed my stay very much and for the price I must say it was a real bargin.

Room Tip: Need a good room with good accress to the University at a bargin price stay here.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Humble, Texas, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

We stayed here on 05/26/2013 thru 05/31/2013, I must say the Internet, A/C Was great! However, the gnats were in full Affect, It was also smelly..I wouldn't eat in the room...the breakfast was horrible..this place is a dump....Not at all worth the money....WOULDN'T RECOMMEND!!!

Room Tip: Country Inns & Suites or Homewood Suites.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Buenos Aires, Argentina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

I stayed here despite the reviews, and I have to say I don't know what they're talking about. The room was clean and comfortable, the staff was helpful when I needed their help, I didn't have any problems. The breakfast isn't particularly good, but it's perfectly adequate. I looked for the smell that several reviews mention, but couldn't find it. The room had a safe, a microwave, fridge, cable TV, a desk, and wifi. Maybe I'm too basic, but that's more than I needed to have a good stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Long Beach, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

We were late in getting a room for parents weekend so we ended up here instead of our usual place... It was old but clean and the staff was friendly. Internet service was good and the breakfast had fresh fruit. They were helpful when we were looking for a place our son was going to be at. Remember that all prices for games or parents weekend are high

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dana Point, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Was booked by business travel agent ----- although the reviews don't look at all favorable ---- I'm OK with this property --- maybe I just got a decent room --- its clean and fairly comfortable ---- the breakfast is average at best and the maid service is a little inconsistent --- the staff are fairly helpful --- next to Applebees restaurant ---- its OK for business travel JEV

Room Tip: Considering other reviews -- recommend have a look at the room before you make a commitment
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Oslo, Norway
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

I was pretty late booking a place in College Station for a Texas A&M game, and the only place available was the Knight's Inn.

Pros:
Free Internet
Free Parking
Shuttle once an hour to the Stadium on game days

Cons:
Not the brightest staff
Smelly!

When checking in, I was asked for my address, I told them I wasn't a US resident, and asked if that was really necessary. If it was, I wanted to write it down instead of spelling it letter by letter. The young girl behind the counter didn't understand anything. Then her manager came by and told her that my address was printed on my driving license. Again I had to point out that I wasn't from the US and it wasn't on there. I was then asked for my US Telephone number which I of course didn't have. When I tried to give my mobile number, with the International code first, you could see the whole place stop. No one understood what to do.

When entering the room, a heavy smell appeared. It was as if they had emptied a can of anti-bug spray in the room. Not very nice to say the least.

The location isn't all that either. If you're going to a game, you either have to drive or take the shuttle bus. It's too far to walk. Nothing nearby worth checking out either.

I'm sure there's a lot of hotels in this town that's better than the Knights Inn. If you have an option, choose something else.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Been to Knights Inn College Station? Share your experiences!