“Choose something else” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Knights Inn College Station

Save Saved
You added Knights Inn College Station to your Saves list
Knights Inn College Station
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   104 Texas Ave. South, College Station, TX 77840 (Formerly Kiva Inn College Station)   |
Ranked #27 of 29 hotels in College Station
Oslo, Norway
“Choose something else”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

I was pretty late booking a place in College Station for a Texas A&M game, and the only place available was the Knight's Inn.

Pros:
Free Internet
Free Parking
Shuttle once an hour to the Stadium on game days

Cons:
Not the brightest staff
Smelly!

When checking in, I was asked for my address, I told them I wasn't a US resident, and asked if that was really necessary. If it was, I wanted to write it down instead of spelling it letter by letter. The young girl behind the counter didn't understand anything. Then her manager came by and told her that my address was printed on my driving license. Again I had to point out that I wasn't from the US and it wasn't on there. I was then asked for my US Telephone number which I of course didn't have. When I tried to give my mobile number, with the International code first, you could see the whole place stop. No one understood what to do.

When entering the room, a heavy smell appeared. It was as if they had emptied a can of anti-bug spray in the room. Not very nice to say the least.

The location isn't all that either. If you're going to a game, you either have to drive or take the shuttle bus. It's too far to walk. Nothing nearby worth checking out either.

I'm sure there's a lot of hotels in this town that's better than the Knights Inn. If you have an option, choose something else.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

118 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

I booked a room on-line for 2 nights (non-football weekend) so no 2 night minimum. When I checked in I told the front desk clerk that I would only be staying one night. She said that was fine and I was charged for one night. Then I get my credit card statement and I has been charged for the 2nd night that I was not there. I called and spoke to a man (hard to understand) and he told me that I was considered a "no-show" for the 2nd night and that is why i was charged. He did see where I was charged for the one night only but I was also charged for the 2nd night I was not there. I asked if he could refund me the night I was not there and he said no.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Kenner, Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

This hotel redefines the word dump!
All of the other reviews pretty much sum it up, stinky, nasty, old and disgusting!
It must be owned by a foreigner who does not want to put a penny into making it presentable.
Towels are like sandpaper and the sink and tub are damaged and horrible. While in the bathroom you can assume that a moron tried to touch things up, but only made it worse.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

Bad place to stay, nasty rooms, bathrooms dirty and old and smell strong odder of mold, it looked like was flooded. Very Bad place to stay, I would not recommend. Stinky place... All rooms been smoked, when T&AM have football games they change from nonsmoking rooms to smoking. Bad Place...

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Austin, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

You get what you pay for... One of our pillowcases and blanket had stains on it. The blanket was so dirty with what looked like a poop stain, cheese stain and other unkowns. Our pillowcase was stained with mascara and an old blood stain. Other than that, it was ok for the price. The breakfast had good waffles and the shampoo had a nice smell.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Hamshire, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

Only stayed here one night because my husband was still in fire training school, and there were NO available rooms at any hotel in the area due to the fire training school and 7 on 7 tournament. The hotel is very old and outdated. The "non-smoking"room smelled like a mixture of mold, cigarattes and cigars. There was mold in the shower. Its one of those places you walk in and dont want to touch anything. Pool was filthy and on the verge of turning green. Grounds had not been mowed in quite some time. Trash everywhere. No clear path to pool, forced to walk in dirt. No room in breakfast area for two people to walk side by side by bar. Not kept up.

Room Tip: Never ever stay here.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Frisco, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012 via mobile

Would not have considered staying here but choices were very limited due to 7 v7 state football tournament. We were in town for an A&M campus visit and arrived late and left early so really just needed a place to sleep. Room was clean and there was a small fridge and microwave. Water pressure in shower was awesome and it looked like carpet was fairly new. Towels were small and very thin and bedding was terrible....old style bedspreads with a small scratchy blanket. Old style motel with outside doors. Ok for this trip but would not stay here again given another choice.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Knights Inn College Station? Share your experiences!