“Much Improved!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton College Station & Conference Center

You added Hilton College Station & Conference Center to your Saves list
Hilton College Station & Conference Center
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   801 University Drive East, College Station, TX 77840-2116   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn 2X HHonors Points
Ranked #11 of 30 Hotels in College Station
Atascocita, Texas, United States
“Much Improved!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

It's been a little over a year since I last stayed here for company sponsored training and the property has improved significantly. The room refurbishments seem to have been completed and the WiFi internet worked smoothly. I was given an upgrade because of my HHonor membership which allowed my to watch TV comfortably while answering emails. The property is very close to several area restaurants.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Foothill Ranch, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Stayed for a week in the month of April for a corporate event. The College station Hilton is the best (and only) real full service hotel in town. If you are travelling in a group or need to use meeting space, this should be your first choice.
They did a recent major refurbishment and it shows. Comfortable bedding, nice decorations and a flat screen TV that has actual HD in it. (hear that Marriott!) The staff are excellent, friendly and went out of their way to make me feel comfortable. This was my 5th stay here and this time I tried one of the cabana rooms. It was pleasant and very clean. yes, you will hear people at the pool… because it’s a pool! Housekeeping was very attentive and kept things tidy. The bathroom was also refreshed, clean, a little small but it did not cause an issue for me. The bell ranch steakhouse has a good breakfast buffet and omelet station that opens early and was convenient for my stay. Would I stay there again? definitely.

Room Tip: The tower has rooms with views. the Cabana's facing the pool have balconies and windows that ope...
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

You would think a Hilton would mean quality.
You would think a Hilton would mean privacy.
You would think a Hilton would mean peace of mind.

None of the above.

I stayed here from the 28th to the 29th, and absolutely hated it. I have had better experiences at a Comfort suites CS, or even the Hyatt down the road!

I travel a lot and normally stay at Hilton Garden Inns or Holiday Inns around the country. Here I was visiting my alma mater, and I wished I had found a friend studying in TAMU to stay with instead! My checkout time was 12noon(as is usual). It is a Sunday and I am sleeping in, there goes the knock at 8 am and someone asking when I would check out of the hotel.

I told him it would be at 12ish.

9am - a lady knocks on the door and asks me the same question.
Same answer.

I order breakfast at 9-930 and so I answer another knock for that.

10am, the janitor comes by and doesnt knock - just opens the door! No respect for privacy whatsoever! I was surprised and completely aghast and wanted to get out of this hotel by now.

11:59 am, more knocks on my door asking if I am checking out! I mean what the heck really. Even before they could go on beyond the first question, I walk out all set with my bags.

Yes, I was checking out - Hilton College Station. If you wanted me out beginning 8am, you should have let me check in at 10am the earlier day. But no, you did not. And yes, I pad a 150 bucks to stay in COLLEGE STATION for less than a day! Absolutely irritating staff, I want my money back. This was a lousy experience and I am going to tell people to not stay in this hotel.

Great location, pretty clean hotel - everything undone by the terribly quality of service.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
James F, General Manager at Hilton College Station & Conference Center, responded to this review, May 5, 2013
We are sorry that you had a disappointing experience during your stay with us. At Hilton, we always aim to ensure every guest feels cared for, valued and respected. Your feedback will help us deliver this brand promise. Our guest's satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again.
Keller, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

My colleague and I stayed at this Hilton recently for one night due to a speaking engagement at the university. Upon check-in, we were upgraded to suites, which happended to be the Presidential Suite and adjoining Parlor Suite. The large conference table in the Parlor Suite allowed us to do some last-minute preparation for our speaking engagement. The staff was helpful with our wireless connectivity, and ensured we had a pleasant stay. Being an Aggie, I plan to return to the Hilton to experience this hotel when traveling for pleasure!

Harker Heights, Texas, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Our first stay we were upgraded to a suite, which was DARK, and we had water issues and the housekeeping needs to do a better job at cleaning the room.

Second stay, we were upgraded to the Solarium suite, which was a Murphy bed, with an outdated bathroom hardly big enough to turn around in, and the room AGAIN needed a thorough cleaning, and we were lucky enough to have a room that came along with small black bugs AND ROACHES....

My husband had to stay an additional night, I left early and went home..

We will not be staying again...

Room Tip: The staff is great, but that doesnt make up for the dirty hotel
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
I want to apologize for the unfortunate experience that you had at our hotel. The health and safety of our guests is of the utmost importance and is always a focal point of our operations in order to continue providing our guests with a great experience. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention and will work to make sure the problem is addressed.
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

You'd think for the prices they charge the rooms would be nice. Our first room had a view of a 3ft diameter sewer pipe, lampshades missing, black spots in the bath tub and as you entered the room you were hit in the face with door flashing. We were moved to another room on the 3rd floor, better view (parking lot and wall) but there were hairs in the bathroom sink, toilet lid wouldn't stay up, black spots in the tub, and some unidentified brown substance on the chair in the room. We were provided with complimentary breakfast coupons (which we didn't use) and the morning we checked out the elevator was out of service. I'm just grateful we didn't have more luggage as we had to walk down 3 flights of stairs. Over priced, over rated, and front desk staff thinks they're all that and a bag of chips! MOD was the only saving grace of the place, but obviously he doesn't have much control over the property. We will not be staying here again.

Room Tip: If you want to choose a good room - go to another hotel altogether. I've stayed at the Hampton...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
James F, Manager at Hilton College Station & Conference Center, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
We are sorry we were unable to provide you with the quality of amenities and service you expect from Hilton during your recent stay. We apologize for the issues in your room and will work with our maintenance team to ensure this does not happen again. If you return to our area, we hope you will consider staying with us again.
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

From the moment I arrived, I was given personalized attention. Bellman helped with a large box that was needed for our workshop.The desk staff clearly explained check out process. Rooms are comfortable and internet worked well. My only complaint is that the bathrooms were a little dark. It is a great venue for a meeting.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Been to Hilton College Station & Conference Center? Share your experiences!