“Reliable Hilton property and experience.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton College Station & Conference Center

Save Saved
You added Hilton College Station & Conference Center to your Saves list
Hilton College Station & Conference Center
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   801 University Drive East, College Station, TX 77840-2116   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #10 of 29 Hotels in College Station
Dallas, Texas
“Reliable Hilton property and experience.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Business trip for me. Room was very clean, spacious and provided a comfortable stay overall. It's a large property and hosts many conventioneers, so it can be busy. I didn't find my experience to be noisy however. The property is non smoking, but at times, I smelled smoke in the hallways and more so in the lobby. I was told the lobby tends to be the only problem area as smokers will congregate right outside the main door. Lots of good restaurants within walking distance and trips to Texas A&M campus are roughly 10 minutes, traffic may or may not add 3 mins. Two block from Texas Avenue which takes you to Bryan in a flash.

Room Tip: 7th floor up is good and away from elevator or ice machine
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Round Rock, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

This hotel really shines! The lobby - welcoming. Restaurant - fabulous servers, service, food! The room - immaculate. The bed was so comfortable. It was as good as our own bed - very sound sleep, no tossing to get comfortable. The room was quiet and we faced the street! Everything about the hotel was top notch. We normally do not stay at a Hilton but this stay has definitely put the Hilton back on our list of options to stay at. Surrounding area is full of dining choices, easy access. The staff at the Hilton were all great. We have nothing but praise for this hotel.

Room Tip: We do request higher floors - so cannot comment on the lower floors. Elevators are quick to get you...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Lobby area very nice. Bar nice. Restaurant nice. Elevator and executive floor nice.
I was given the 'board room' - that was cool - a huge room with 2 entry doors, a little kitchen, and a big conference table.
Staff was very well trained (nice management) - noticed there were a bunch of fireman staying there for some training and they looked like they were having a great time staying there.
I'll definately stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Victoria, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

awesome place very clean except cheep toilet paper. Very clean linen....love the sheets.
The lobby is very nice, lounge area is nice. The best gift shop ever! It had good hours of service.
Service is excellent. Lots of restaurants near by. Could walk to dinner. We have stayed at this location for years. It is very well lite at night. Lots of customer friendly housekeepers. We well dressed employees.

Room Tip: Rooms away from pool are quieter
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

I was there with a group for a show. The hotel staff were helpful and the rooms are clean. The hotel is more modern than the TV station choices in this small town. If you have to travel to College Station, this hotel is a good value. Now for some unexpecteds which prevent me giving it a 5. I ate at the hotel bar and wanted some wings while watching a football game. The bar gave me BBQ wings and tried to ritz it up. I had asked them if they had regular wings and received the spriced up version. I didn't really need arugula with my wings either... Otherwise, the food was good.
The only other problem I had was not in the hotels control. The water is soft and you feel "soapy". Nonetheless, the hotel feels safe and is a good bet for this area of the world.

• Stayed November 2012
Plano, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

We have stayed here twice when we visited our son at A&M and will stay again. The hotel is wonderful and the staff is really friendly. It is conveniently located to plenty of nice restaurants - you can walk to dinner or lunch. It is close to campus, when I go running in the mornings I always run from there and enjoy running the campus. I've stayed at three other hotels and they were not near as nice.

Room Tip: We had a room on the west end of the hotel. Good view of college station and the sun set
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

The hotel is very nice and met my expectations. I had booked 3 rooms at this hotel and one of my family members was upgraded to a suite. While I was dissappointed that all 3 of us did not get upgraded due to my Diamond status, it is beside the point. The hotel overall is very clean and nice. Both my relatives were very impressed with their rooms.

I stayed in a room with a king size bed, and while it was nice, the door in the bathroom would not open all the way and would hit the toilet and stop. The bed was comfortable and clean, and I liked the decor in the room (it is very modern and chic), however, I was dissapointed that it had the old AC/Heater unit in the room and would be very loud when it came on which put me in an uncomfortable position of turning the volume up on the tv while my husband was sleeping.

The breakfast was reasonably priced (I've stayed in similar class hotels and other Hiltons and the breakfast would typically be around $25-30 for the breakfast buffet) at around $10 per person, it matches the buffet prices at the Hilton Garden Inns, however the selections and quality of food was better at this location. I was initially dissappointed they did not have an executive lounge, the breakfast here trumps the breakfasts I've received at the executive lounge at the Hilton - Tampa location so I can't really complain.

Overall, I was pleased with the level of service and quality of the food and rooms. My in-laws were immediately impressed with the level of service and quality of the rooms and i could not hear enough of how satisfied they were of the hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hilton College Station & Conference Center? Share your experiences!