“Nice hotel in college station” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton College Station & Conference Center

Save Saved
You added Hilton College Station & Conference Center to your Saves list
Hilton College Station & Conference Center
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   801 University Drive East, College Station, TX 77840-2116   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn 2X HHonors Points
Ranked #11 of 29 hotels in College Station
Texas
“Nice hotel in college station”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Hotel was nice and clean. I stayed on the HHonors floor, so these rooms might be a little nicer than the regular rooms. I don't know that to be a fact. I thought the rooms were a little small, but I'm used to the Hilton's Vacation Resorts. Centrally located to Texas A&M and many restaurant. No complaints here. I would definitly stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

264 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Although I didn't know until I arrived, my stay was during the Texas Reds Wine Festival. The first room I was given was directly across from the elevator and since "creepy guy" followed me up the elevator & paced the hall without going into a room, I didn't feel comfortable with that room. I went back downstairs and explained the situation and the desk clerk switched my room without question even though the hotel was obviously full.
In the second room the first thing I did was smash a bug that was on the wall next to the bed. The remote to the tv wasn't working (while I was switching rooms I heard the desk personnel on the phone sending an engineer up with a new remote for another room). I was tired and not feeling well so I didn't really want to wait for someone to come up. This gave me time to observe the room. Although recently updated, it really doesnt look like it except for a new chair in the room. The wooden valance over the curtains was scratched and needed painting. The wallpaper was discolored in spots. The low ceilings and inadequate lighting make the room feel cave-like. The bed was comfortable though.
The next morning I woke up to small bites on my arm and another bug in bed with me. After getting ready I went downstairs and reported this to the desk personnel (along with a photo of the bug). She apologised and switched my room to a small suite and asked if I needed anyone to help me move my things which I declined. I moved my things to the new room and immediately left.
That afternoon/early evening I returned to the hotel and had to park at the back of the hotel and enter through the back door. While walking towards the front of the hotel and passing one of the ballrooms I ended up being caught in the middle of a huge bridal procession going from one ballroom to another (a beautiful Indian wedding I believe). I was so embarrassed. Then I had to pass by their buffet tables which were set up outside of the ballrooms. **In my opinion the hotel should have had someone at the back entrance with a golf cart or something to take guests who were not wedding guests to the front of the hotel to prevent this from happening. Considering how many ballrooms and rooms this wedding had, that was the least the hotel could do. But I guess that's up to the bride to complain about.
Back in the junior suite the remote for the living area tv was also not working. I just had to laugh at that point. Isn't this something the housekeeping staff should/could check? The room was pretty, although a little strange to have the sinks in the bedroom. They could justify $350 for this room but definitely not for one of their standard rooms.
Each of the personnel I came across were pleasant and helpful and this was obviously a busy weekend. The staff is a credit to this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Paris, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

Not unlike many college town hotels; everything is relative. The College Station Hilton is the Cadillac of hotels in College Station; in Houston it would be a Chevrolet.
While the hotel is modern, safe an clean, there is an aura about it that doesn't measure up. The people/ guests?

Staff is friendly and service is more than adequate. Beds are a little old fashioned. There's something about this place that is a little off putting.

In fairness I stay here every time I come here.

Room Tip: The Honors floors are 10 & 11.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Salado, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Stayed here for the Texas Reds Steak & Grape Festival to work the festival for our winery. Brought my 13 year old daughter.

Got an early check in, hotel was full due to a huge wedding, so unfortunately got a room right in front of the elevator, but not upset about that, just glad we got a room early so I could get back to the festival. Thanks to the girl at the front desk for squeezing me in.

My daughter felt ill during the festival so I brought her back to the room, she wanted to order a movie so I told her to do that, got her some dinner and headed back to the festival. There was some technical issue that after 45 minutes of maintenance trying to fix they couldn't get resolved, so she unfortunately ended up being really bored for a few hours while I was working. Was surprised when I mentioned this at the front desk that some kind of future discount/room comp etc. was not offered. Apologies were though, for what that's worth.

Rooms are smallish but have had some updating (carpet/furnishings/TV etc). Beds very comfortable and bedding soft, offering a good night's sleep. Fridge in room was a nice touch. Very low ceilings and cramped bath/shower area. Building is showing it's age although you can see they are trying to keep ahead of the aging by application of paint etc. However simple fixes like updating to shower heads manufactured within the last 10 years etc. have not been done, and in several spots in hallways/bathrooms etc. you can see the rust peeking through the paint. Air conditioning is ancient and loud as mentioned by previous reviewers. Hot tub temp very low, didn't spend much time in there because of it. I really expected a much more modernized hotel to be represented by the Hilton logo.

Common areas are opulent and very modern. Rooms very clean. Did not have an opportunity to try room service or the bar but the food menu looked very extensive and the drink menu very creative.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

$350. Need I write more? Ok, double beds, rusty shower, cheap shower curtain, huge hotel and most of the parking faaaarr away. The common areas are in great shape, and very nice. After a few hours in the double bed, I considered grabbing a beautiful couch in the lobby! :)

I just think $350 for a town where he average is about $100 is usury. But, I paid it. We can afford it, and I thought it would be nicer. But the cost was really a reflection of it being a busy weekend. So blame me for waiting too late to make a reservation. But I'll be back to town a lot over the next six years. At least for that price have two queens!!

• Stayed September 2012
HiltonCSGM, General Manager at Hilton College Station & Conference Center, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us. We are very proud of our recent renovation and appreciate your comments about the public space. Please stop by and say hello the next time you stay with us and look forward to your return.
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

My husband and I really enjoyed our stay at the Hilton in College Station. The beds were fabulous as was the entire room. We had a King room and it was very spacious. The bathroom in the room was well equiped with a nice, but very clogged with lint, hair dryer. It still worked good, but was kinda gross to look at. The bathroom was very tight quarters, but it was pretty with marble counter tops, glass cups, plenty of soft towels and nice toiletries. I will say that the smell in the room was a bit nauseating at first. It was very musty and almost smelled of cigarette smoke. Almost enough to make me ask for a different room. The main reason I did not, is because I arrived at the hotel a few hours before actual check in and they already had my room ready and allowed me to enter. Also, I was really feeling under the weather due to a terrible sinus infection I was battling and was ready to take a little nap.

Our time here was short, only one night, so a complete overview of the property was not in store for us.

We did not utilize many of the facilities because of our other planned activities. However, we did notice a coffee shop serving Starbucks coffee, a restaurant that was serving a buffet style dinner for a pretty good price ($12+) and a breakfast buffet the next morning ($9+), and a lounge bar. We did sit in the bar and had a coctail each (2) the evening after the A&M football game and service was fair to poor at best, however, the drinks were good. We put the drinks on our room tab.

The employees at the desk were very nice, as I spoke to 2 different ones upon check in and later when I inquired about something else.

I will say, the room was EXTREMELY pricey as most hotels in College Station are during game days, however, I felt like it was pretty steep...at over $300 (taxes included) for one night, we were really glad to have that nice soft comfy bed. Also, upon check out, we noticed that those drinks we put on our tab cost approx $20!....for 2 coctails. I have not yet called to ask about that, but I think that is a bit much for 2 drinks..and not specialty ones either...one mixed drink and one beer. Seriously?

I would not hesitate to stay here again. It was very nice, just pricey.

I should also mention the the entire Aggie football team stays here and during our stay, so did the visiting girls VB team that would play the Lady Aggies in VB on Sunday afternoon. It was fun to see all those athletes. They were very polite and courteous.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your kind words regarding your recent wstay with us. I especially like the ones about our associates at the Front Desk and proud to say that all of our 186 associates are like the ones you encountered. Please stop by and say hello the next time you visit us and we look forward to your return.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

Hotel is in need of updating all around. Room had a motel like air conditioning unit that was so loud it was hard to sleep. Small tub with small shower, toilet is very very small and low to the ground. Very small shampoo and soap. Although I am Hilton Honors, I was not offered a Hilton Honors floor room on my first night, stayed othe Hilton Honors floor othe second night an there was no difference, no free bottled water or any other amenities.

Room Tip: Call ahead and ask for a ground level room near the pool.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
I want to sincerely thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay. i am very concerned that your Hilton Honors amenities were not sent to your room and have looked into why and have made the necessary corrections. We are very proud of our hotel in that we have just completed renovating all guest rooms and public areas. I do hope that you will give us another chance and would like to say hello the next time you are with us.
Barron Hobbs, General Manager

Been to Hilton College Station & Conference Center? Share your experiences!