“Good Food, NIce Atmosphere” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Bar scene, Doing business, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
1,500 helpful votes 1,500 helpful votes
“Good Food, NIce Atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2009

The Republic, located across the street from the Hilton Hotel in College Station, serves great steaks. The filet accompanied with several sauces is especially good. I have eaten at The Republic on several occasions and each has been a pleasant dining experience.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2009

In Texas, we're very particular about our steaks. So it says ALOT when my native Texan friends say that this is one of THE BEST places ever! I co-sign!! I travel alot, and LOVE eating in Chicago, DC, Los Angeles, Tokyo ....but I am SO GLAD that The Republic is just around the corner from my house in lil' ol' College Station, Texas.

Owner Wade Barkman overheard our dinner party laughing about the "Chicken Fried Filet Mignon" we saw on the menu. We wondered just how "different" it was from what we could get at Denny's. Minutes later, he along with Exec. Chef Brian Light came out with a crew and elegantly placed in front of each of us, a small dish with a sample of the entre'.

FOOT IN MY MOUTH - it was absolutely AMAZING! Melt in your mouth texture, light but rich in flavor.

I tell ya, Brian can make a bowl of St. Augustine GRASS taste good!

Want a place where you can relax in the company of friends, eat a leisurely meal (not be rushed) of the BEST quality - and THOROUGHLY enjoy every morsel you place in your mouth - all in an elegant yet comfortable and familiar atmosphere...THIS IS THE PLACE!

PS - Wade KNOWS his wines! Go with his recommendations.

“best steak ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2008

My husband and I went here for our aniversery. The staff was excellent and the owner even came to make sure everything was perfect. We both had steaks and they were the best we have ever had!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Expensive but delicious...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2008

Expensive but delicious. And, like Jenny put it, you forget you are in College Station