“Succulent, fall-off-the-bone Ribs” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Texas
“Succulent, fall-off-the-bone Ribs”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

The ribs are tender with a sauce that is not too bland, not too sweet, and not too spicy. Their steaks are great, too, but I usually opt for RIBS! If I can't finish them all (I typically have a half slab left) I warm them up the next day. They are even delicious COLD.

The wait staff is typically spot on. Eat there often enough and you might encounter a server who isn't up to par, but they weed them out pretty quickly.

Join their loyalty program...it's worth it.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Ardmore, Oklahoma
“Great Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

I've been to a few Saltgrass's that haven't lived up to my expectations of the chain, but this one was probably one of the best. I had the rib-eye with the garlic mashed potatoes and the steak was medium throughout (as ordered) and every tasty. Service was prompt and courteous.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Tucson
“Tasty Steakhouse”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

We went here for our anniversary. The range rattlers are a must. Jalapeno peppers stuffed with shrimp and cream cheese. The steaks were cooked to our liking just the way we asked. The waiter was very nice and attentive. Food portions are very large, we actually made it into two meals. It's a very nice place to celebrate a special occasion. Kudos to the chef for a well-prepared steak. The only downer was we mentioned it was our anniversary and we got absolutely nothing, most places at least give you a free dessert.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Fort Worth, TX
“The Noise is Deafening”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

I've been to a lot of these, including this one. We had a family party of 8 for a celebration, and the din was nerve racking. Nobody at our table could hear conversations, which made for a rather unpleasant get together. My prime rib was good, my Mother's baked potato soup was a huge let down, salads are fresh--but $3 for a soda is over the top. I remember how excited I was when this chain first opened in the nineties. Things have changed. We'll go to Outback for our next steak fix.

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Dallas/Fort Worth
“When you want a good steak, you can't go wrong here...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I love my steaks! If you order one of the premium steaks here, you won't be sorry. I got the Porterhouse and it was like their menu describes: Two steaks in one! It was fabulous. A little thinner than I'd like, but was well seasoned and cooked perfectly (I like medium rare to rare...and it was great!!!). The Jalapeno Shrimp poppers are really good, too, but when they say "hot", they mean it!

Visited April 2013