“Close to campus and dining.” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #12 of 29 hotels in College Station
“Close to campus and dining.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012 via mobile

Spent parents weekend here..they did a good job especially since they were booked. Weird smell in lobby and our room is hard to overlook. Very comfortable two bedroom suite but would have loved two baths so we weren't all sharing..even a half bath would have made more sense.

• Stayed March 2012

45 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Fort Worth, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

My family and I stayed here recently and found it quite adequate. The beds were very comfortable. The TV was an older model and the walls had scrapes on them. The tub protector in the bathtub was worn out and the desk chair was showing age. The breakfast, however was very good and the staff was friendly. We were able to save $50 each night (stayed for 2) by staying here versus the places we usually stay. It's not a top of the line hotel but we would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2011

Had a bad experience the night before in Austin, Texas and was ready to swear off Comfort Suites. However, this hotel was perfect.

Looks like a brand new hotel, but from judging from earlier comments, they probably have just recently remodeled. The room was clean and quiet. This is the first room I've ever had that actually had a ceiling fan in the suite area. The beds were extremely comfortable. The room also seemed very roomy with the 10' ceilings.

We used our "senior rate" on a weekday and with tax it came to $108. which is a bargain in this day. The buffet had a wide selection to choose from . . . omelets, bacon, bagels and muffins, cereals, danish rolls as well as the usual yogurt, boiled eggs, waffles.

Every lodging experience should be like this one!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Winnie, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2011

Stayed here twice while attending week-long classes @ Brayton Fire Field. This is a new hotel and is nice. The staff has been friendly. The first week I stayed by myself and I had a room on the first floor, this last week's stay I brought my family with me and we had a room on the third floor. The third floor was quite warm! Very uncomfortable sleeping. The breakfast at this hotel is one of the best I've had at any of my stays, best Texas-shaped waffles anywhere. I will most likely stay at this hotel every time I return for classes, which will be at least once a year.

Room Tip: Request a room on the first floor if it's the middle of the summer, upper floors are not as cool...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Dallas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2010 via mobile

I travel for work quite a bit, so I think I have a good foundation on judging hotels. If you're OCD about cleanliness...RUN!!! The room I had was on the first floor and the carpet had stains all over it appeared to be from the early 90's...nasty! The bathroom wasn't much better, mold growing between the tile and tub. Needless to say, I would NEVER recommend this place to anyone!

In the positive side, It does have a good location, right on University. The included breakfast was marginal at best...nothing to write home about. Suffice it to say,

• Stayed July 2011
Dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2010

I recently stayed at this hotel and had a great and restful stay. Everything was to my satisfaction. The Breakfast was delicious and complimentary (always great), the business center is mall, but useful and the fitness center convenient. The entire staff had a wonderful attitude and were attentive to my every need. The frost desk clerk, Raul, was very helpful, even at 3 am and the housekeeping understanding when I told them to come back at a later time (you hardly get that now a days) to clean my room (which they did). Overall this is a great hotel and I would gladly come back again!!!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Dallas, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2009

We stayed here for the A&M/Texas game, and I was worried about the previous reviews. We have stayed at the Comfort Suites Aggieland on Texas Ave. twice and it has been consistently good. Much to our surprise, we checked right in, no problems. Our room had some stains on the carpet and an iron burn, but other than that, the room and bathroom were spotless. I attribute the worn carpet to many college football weekend parties. I am a complete hotel snob, so you can bet I lifted the sheets and inspected the mattress, too. No sign of bed bugs or anything else. We had a great stay and the staff were very nice, too. I would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Comfort Suites College Station? Share your experiences!