“Perfect Lodging!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 29 Hotels in College Station
Dallas, Texas
“Perfect Lodging!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2011

Had a bad experience the night before in Austin, Texas and was ready to swear off Comfort Suites. However, this hotel was perfect.

Looks like a brand new hotel, but from judging from earlier comments, they probably have just recently remodeled. The room was clean and quiet. This is the first room I've ever had that actually had a ceiling fan in the suite area. The beds were extremely comfortable. The room also seemed very roomy with the 10' ceilings.

We used our "senior rate" on a weekday and with tax it came to $108. which is a bargain in this day. The buffet had a wide selection to choose from . . . omelets, bacon, bagels and muffins, cereals, danish rolls as well as the usual yogurt, boiled eggs, waffles.

Every lodging experience should be like this one!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Winnie, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2011

Stayed here twice while attending week-long classes @ Brayton Fire Field. This is a new hotel and is nice. The staff has been friendly. The first week I stayed by myself and I had a room on the first floor, this last week's stay I brought my family with me and we had a room on the third floor. The third floor was quite warm! Very uncomfortable sleeping. The breakfast at this hotel is one of the best I've had at any of my stays, best Texas-shaped waffles anywhere. I will most likely stay at this hotel every time I return for classes, which will be at least once a year.

Room Tip: Request a room on the first floor if it's the middle of the summer, upper floors are not as cool...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Dallas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2010 via mobile

I travel for work quite a bit, so I think I have a good foundation on judging hotels. If you're OCD about cleanliness...RUN!!! The room I had was on the first floor and the carpet had stains all over it appeared to be from the early 90's...nasty! The bathroom wasn't much better, mold growing between the tile and tub. Needless to say, I would NEVER recommend this place to anyone!

In the positive side, It does have a good location, right on University. The included breakfast was marginal at best...nothing to write home about. Suffice it to say,

• Stayed July 2011
Dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2010

I recently stayed at this hotel and had a great and restful stay. Everything was to my satisfaction. The Breakfast was delicious and complimentary (always great), the business center is mall, but useful and the fitness center convenient. The entire staff had a wonderful attitude and were attentive to my every need. The frost desk clerk, Raul, was very helpful, even at 3 am and the housekeeping understanding when I told them to come back at a later time (you hardly get that now a days) to clean my room (which they did). Overall this is a great hotel and I would gladly come back again!!!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Dallas, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2009

We stayed here for the A&M/Texas game, and I was worried about the previous reviews. We have stayed at the Comfort Suites Aggieland on Texas Ave. twice and it has been consistently good. Much to our surprise, we checked right in, no problems. Our room had some stains on the carpet and an iron burn, but other than that, the room and bathroom were spotless. I attribute the worn carpet to many college football weekend parties. I am a complete hotel snob, so you can bet I lifted the sheets and inspected the mattress, too. No sign of bed bugs or anything else. We had a great stay and the staff were very nice, too. I would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Kingsville Tx
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2009

My recent stay at Comfort Suites was awful. No, it was worse than awful. I was placed on the third floor, even though I had requested first floor and booked several months in advance. James, the manager was short-tempered, and he did not treat me like a person. He was too busy watching a movie on his laptop to dedicate himself to some customer service, and he was flat-out rude about not being able to honor my request for placement on the first floor. When we got to the room, it was dirty. The bed was poorly made; the bathroom was not clean. I called down to report how unacceptable this was only to be met with a "tough luck" from James. He refused to move us, and the best he could do was a $15 discount. My wife and I made due for the rest of the night, only to wake up with a broken air conditioner and a maid banging at our door at 8AM. I politely tried to tell her that we did not need service, but she did not speak English. She motioned for me to call downstairs. A woman by the name of Tereceta answered my call, and tried to defend that the maid was "only doing her job." I don't see how disturbing my wife and me at 8AM is in the maid's job description, but again I received no empathy from the front desk staff. Also, only thirty minutes later, just as we had gone back to sleep, we got a loud series of knocks on the door, followed by "housekeeping." We promptly left the hotel after my wife woke up with bites on her back, which we later determined to be bed bugs. Stay away from this hotel. The only thing worse than the amenities is the staff!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
LIVINGSTON, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2009

This was such a great stay at this hotel, i was a little leary since there was other reviews that were not quite as great! I have hotel phobia. From arrival this trip was nothing but great. The staff was courteous and helpful. We stayed in a two bedroom suite and wow was it nice, ceiling fans in the room, individual temp adjustments, down comforter, queen hidabed, and full kitchenette including stove. the bathroom was oh so large too. i loved this hotel next year when we attend we will definantly return to stay at this hotel. i can only hope it will be just as great as this years stay.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Suites College Station? Share your experiences!