“Clean comfortable stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Aggieland

You added Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Aggieland to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Aggieland
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2500 Earl Rudder Freeway South, College Station, College Station, TX 77840   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #13 of 30 Hotels in College Station
Fort Worth, Texas
“Clean comfortable stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

Stayed here the week of May 19. Was clean with just a couple of minor things such as stray hair on bed, etc. Was nicely appointed and comfortable. Not within walking distance of anything, but near the highway making it easy to get there. No problems with the area or nearby housing as some had reported. Did have issue with A/C not working well one night. They have me the option of calling in maintenance overnight or fixing the next day. I opted for next day and it was repaired when I returned. The desk staff were nice and friendly. The breakfast was $12. Would like to see this included since other similar business class hotels and property offer it as an amenity. Did not try the workout room or pool. They were small but looked decent. The water feature was not running in the front when I was there. Overall quiet and comfortable. Good job.

Room Tip: Even numbers are the East side of the hotel, odd the West side.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Longview, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

Very nice indoor pool area, fitness room limited, three machines and a small weight set. Have stayed at much smaller hotels with more equipment. Staff very friendly during entire stay. Right on expressway, noise not an issue.

Room design basic, don't expect to be dazzled.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Beaumont, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

Presentation was nice, conference rooms were decent, service for conference was pretty good. My issues were maintenance with the facility. I was in this establishment 3 weeks prior and the toilet in the men's restroom was out of order, 3 weeks is plenty of time to get the facilities back up and running! All the coke machines did not worked. And when i say "ALL", I literally walked to every floor, and tried every single machine, and everyone had problems. I talked to the front desk clerk and he said they were aware of the problem. He did give me a free drink of my choice, which was a nice gesture, and a smart move on his part. The electrical receptacle near my bed did not work, which I had to make a choice between charging my cell phone, or the lamp. Again, the hotel is nice, but they need to work on there maintenance times, having non working equipment for an extended time is unacceptable.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
AJ S, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Aggieland, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Thank you for your recent stay with us and I hope your conference was a success.
Your feedback is valuable to us and management has met with the chief engineer regarding the issues you have mentioned in your review. Our goal is always to have a well maintain property for guest to enjoy and relax in during their stay. This year we will be renovating our property to offer guest a fresh new experience. Look for new changes coming soon.
Friendswood
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

We were in College Station for one night only. We were there to attend the TCGC Drumline Championship competition that our son was in. This is a yearly event in College Station. After unloading/loading equipment, feeding an entire drumline, and helping push props on/off the floor, we were pretty exhausted as it had been a long day. We arrived at the hotel with our four older children at 10:30pm. We reserved two rooms. The hotel was very nice, the front desk employee was very courteous, and the location is excellent. Both rooms were very, very well maintained. Very clean and I loved the warm, inviting decor. We also received a fabulous rate for the TCGC. My one and only complaint is that we were awoken at 9:30am with knocking on our door by maids wanting to clean our room. At 9:30am? Then, at 10:30am, we received a phone call from the front desk not only reminding us that check out was at noon, but that we would be charged an additional night if we stayed past that! Wouldn't it have been more appropriate at check in to tell us? We did not have a "do not disturb" on the door, as we didn't think it would be necessary at 9:30am in the morning. I loved this hotel, but as we have previously stayed at the Country Inn & Suites next door (which is just as lovely), we thought we would try this one out to see which we liked best. Being we have a daughter who will be a Freshman at A&M next year, we will be visiting quite often, in addition to our yearly stay with our son for the TCGC. It's the small things that can make the difference when you are competing with a hotel right next door.....the service and sleep quality ratings I gave were due to the early wake up by the maids, and the unnecessary (somewhat inappropriate) phone call from the front desk.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for honest feedback and let me personally apologize for your recent experience with our housekeeping staff. It is never our intention to make our guest feel rushed. We have taken your comments to heart and have shared them with our housekeeping staff. Please know you are always welcome to stay till the designated check out time. Hope to see you again soon. - AJ
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

Excellent,friendly hotel, nice people.every person is efficient, polite and has a ready smile.I have already stayed several times and many nights each time.I have never been disappointed. For longer stays like mine a slightly lower rate could be offered.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your loyalty and for taking the time to give us your feedback.
I am glad you enjoy your stays with us, we are working everyday to improve our property to fit your business travel needs.
Our sales manager is on site and would be happy to visit with you, please don't hesitate to call or ask for her next time your in town.
Athens, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

Handled our large group with ease and professionalism. Pleasant stay from check in to check out. Enjoyed the room, food, service and location. Thanks for a great experience in College Station and a relaxing stay at your hotel!

• Stayed February 2014
AJ S, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Aggieland, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Brandon,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that you feel you received great service. It's something our staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback. I will share your kind words along to our staff.

Thanks again for staying with us. we truly appreciate it.
We hope to see you again soon!

AJ
Lubbock, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

The organization I am a part of booked our rooms at Holiday Inn College Station. The room was incorrectly billed to me. I have spent all month trying to get in touch with the manager and I am always told he is out to lunch and will call me back.

I finally talked to the Global IHG customer service who said they will have him talk to me in 48 hours. After 48 hours I still hadn't heard anything so I contacted them again. This time I was told to ask my bank to refund my account for the charge the hotel processed and still has! Who are these people?

NEVER will I ever recommend going there individually or as an organization. I will be sure my organization NEVER utilizes Holiday Inn again.

Room Tip: To choose a good room, don't go here.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
AJ S, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Aggieland, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Dear Calvin,

We appreciate you bringing your concern to our attention and apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced.
We noticed your review regarding the .
We have documented your comments and are investigating the situation.
However, before we can continue, we need some additional information.
Please send me an email to aj.saculla@texashotelmgt.com
Please include:
The name the reservation was under.
The confirmation number, if available.
The dates of your stay.
Please also provide us with your contact information including your name, phone number, email and mailing address.
Once again, thank you for taking the time to write your review.
We look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

AJ

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Aggieland? Share your experiences!