“Everyone may not be front desk material:(” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Aggieland

You added Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Aggieland to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Aggieland
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2500 Earl Rudder Freeway South, College Station, College Station, TX 77840   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #14 of 30 Hotels in College Station
“Everyone may not be front desk material:(”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Well all started out okay as we were taking our Freshman daughter to her first night at A&M. We mistakenly thought were at the pet friendly Holiday Inn Express, we checked in with the "sales manager" yes you know who you are, she promptly told my husband we could not bring dogs in & she would not give us a refundfinally the real manager let us put a deposit down and let us stay, let's just say she was the rudest person I have met in Aggieland!!!! Overall the hotel was nice but you only have once to make a first impression!! There is a lot more I could add but I think that sums it up!!!:(

• Stayed August 2013
AJ S, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Aggieland, responded to this review, February 9, 2014
Islandmom,

I hope your daughter is having a great year at TAMU. I'm sorry for the experience you encountered on your visit with us. We strive to provide friendly professional service to all our guest and I apologize one of our staff members failed to provide you with a less than pleasant arrival. When you and your family travel back to Aggieland, we hope you give us an opportunity to show you what a great hotel we have to offer.

Gig`em

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

I was very pleased when I walked into this Holiday Inn. I usually stay at Hilton hotels but was booked at this Holiday Inn for a business trip. The hotel appears very well kept, lobby is very pretty. Front desk staff were very friendly and kind. The room was much nicer than I expected, there are many nice touches which make the room feel more cozy and less like a hotel. The room had a mini fridge and microwave...which is always a plus in my book. The room was clean.
It was easy to find the hotel and get to it.
Overall, I would stay again.

• Stayed August 2013
Thanks for your kind words, we shared your feedback with our staff and we look forward to your next visit.
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

I stayed at Holiday Inn hotels over 100 nights last year alone and sadly, the location in Aggieland just does not meet their standards. Tears in my bed sheets, smoke smelling room and less than friendly employees...needless to say, I was shocked since this is not the norm for this brand.

Was in town on a trip to visit the business school for work, and next time will stay at a courtyard or the hilton.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Aggieland, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Dear brando09,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We are sorry that you didn’t find your stay as pleasant as you would have hoped due to the issues with your room accommodation and the service you received. Rest assured that we will take your comments under consideration so they will help us become the best hotel we can be. We hope you give us the privilege to continue to serve you in the near future.

Karen C
Flower Mound, Texas, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

I was hopeful that this hotel would offer a decent place to crash as we drove home during our vacation. Things began poorly when we were met by a group of motorcycle thugs at the front door. They initially refused to to move and were trying to be intimidating. Not exactly the hotel's fault, but they probably could have told them to move along so guests could get into the hotel. The room was average at best. It did have a small refrigerator and a microwave, which was nice. Tried to use the wireless Internet, but it would drop after 5 minutes. Finally, the toilet was unable to do its job. Enough said about that.

Considering what was paid for this, it was a very disappointing stay.

• Stayed August 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Aggieland, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Dear Gregory H,

Ferdinand G
Houston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

My husband and I stayed here in a "suite" for a weekend. The hotel is average. We were staying in a "better" room, but it clearly was not very clean, with stains on the sitting area furniture and carpet. The hallway from the elevator to the rooms smelled funny. The a/c in the sitting room did not work very well, while the a/c in the bedroom was freezing. The kitchen area had little to nothing in it, other than a subpar coffee machine. Drapes on the windows did not close all the way or black out the room. The room itself was dark and dreary. Bedding looked well-used. There was a poor selection of "quick" snack food in the main lobby area, which is bright and large with a lot of wasted space. The hotel restaurant has very limited hours and the food is average to below average. The hotel is convenient to the freeway and to Texas A&M. Overall, I found it a bit creepy, but about average for College Station.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Aggieland, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Dear HoustonKaren,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience and concerns. We are gald you like the convenient location of the hotel. We work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and we try our hardest to provide not just good value, but comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. Please accept our apologies for your less than satisfactory stay. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention and trust that we will address the issues and assure you that proper measures will be taken. We do hope when business or pleasure brings you back to the area, you will allow us the opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Zelyn N
Plano, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

The room was nice. Stay away from the restaurant. The waitress was unfriendly and told me she knew nothing about beer or wine, so I should go order my drink at the bar. I went to the bar and the bartender was very involved with a conversation with a man at the bar. I asked what types of beer and wine she had, and she replied "Look at the selection and choose." She was rude, and acted as if I was a huge bother. She even said, "Why don't you ask your waitress."The food was fine, but the waitress and bartender were unkind. I worked as a waitress as a student and would never treat people the way we were treated. I used the breakfast order form to order breakfast in the room due to the way we were treated in the restaurant. But alas, the number I dialed rec'd no answer. You might want to institute the check off menu you hang on the door the night before, if you don't use the current method efficiently. Called the front desk, they transferred me to a line never answered. After five, attempts, guess who answers? The unfriendly waitress. She informed me she had no idea what I was talking about when I ordered what was on the "Express Breakfast Menu" in front of me. She reluctantly took our order and hung up. Next morning, you got it, no breakfast. Called the front desk, transferred to the kitchen manager who had no record of our order. Kitchen manager was kind, and attentive. Hold on to her. She brought us a nice breakfast. Filled out a lengthy comment sheet, week later no response. They have huge signs saying we want 10's, but I don't think that's true. Go out to dinner. Don't try to order room service.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Aggieland, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Dear Susan M,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. Our goal is to ensure that all our clients leave satisfied and we try our best to fulfill all our guest requests. Please accept my sincere apology for the shortcomings you have experienced and if your stay was negatively affected by the service you received from our staff. Thank you for bringing this into our attention as the feedback we receive from our guests like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to improve our guest services.

Krysllin G.
Ponca City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

This Holiday Inn and Suites was very clean and quiet. It is very close to some nice shopping and the college. The staff was very friendly. Breakfast and the rooms were the typical Holiday Inn Express.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Aggieland? Share your experiences!