“Great customer service, cleanliness, and amenities make an average hotel feel above average.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Aggieland

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Aggieland to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Aggieland
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2500 Earl Rudder Freeway South, College Station, College Station, TX 77840   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #15 of 29 hotels in College Station
Haysville, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

I'm always leery about writing a review in the midst of the trip, but barring any unforeseen disasters I have to say that I've been nothing but impressed by this hotel. We've had awesome customer service (I think the front desk associate's name was Amber? Anyway, she was fantastic.), the hotel is extremely clean, and the rooms include a fridge, microwave, and counter top/cabinet area that's great for keeping snacks on the road. While the bathrooms are somewhat small, the space is very usable, and additionally there are guest laundry facilities on some of the floors, which at $2.00 to wash and dry a full load are extremely reasonable. Overall, I've been extremely pleased, and I will plan to stay in this hotel again upon return trips to College Station.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

69 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Lincoln, Nebraska
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

On the positive side my room was clean and well maintained. The staff were very welcoming and friendly. On the negative side the fitness room was small. It contained 3 pieces of outdated equipment , no free weights or weight machine and there wasn't any room to do floor exercises. Luckily it is a safe neighborhood to run in and a beautiful park is located just down the street. The other really odd thing is that my end of the hallway smelled like body odor. Maybe it was me?? Also, The AC unit was so loud that when it ran I had to turn up the volume on the TV so much that when the AC stopped running the volume about blew me out of the room.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Joshua
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

The hotel is clean and fairly quiet. But when we called to make a reservation, they booked us for the wrong night. When we showed up - no reservation. Later when I checked my credit card bill, they billed us for the night we stayed and their erroneous booking. It took 2 months, a letter, a dozen or more phone calls and writing a bad review before they admitted their mistake and corrected it. Not worth the stress of staying there. Double check your credit card statements. Holiday Inn Corporate office was no help in this matter.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

Should have stayed int the Holiday Inn Express, would have been cheaper and been able to get a free breakfast.

Room Tip: You have to eat breakfast in their restaurant at additional charge
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Latham, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

I recently stayed here w/ the UAlbany women's basketball team contingent - visiting College Station for the Women's NCAA hoop tournament. The room was roomy, modernly appointed and clean. The management was super - from the top all the way through. Dining recommendations were always spot on during this 4 day stay, and there was nothing I asked that they didn't deliver on. It would have been so easy to slide during this stay... A & M was on break and I'm sure that staffing was tough and dealing w/ a fair sized group could have been dealt with in an industrial assembly line... but all was very personable and enjoyable. Rates were very reasonable from a Northeasterners sensibility. I recommend thsi spot to anyone.

Room Tip: take the time to chat w/ the desk/ management staff.. they are great!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2012

The first time I stayed here it felt like I was sleeping on cement. After discussing this with the manager he was very kind and said he would reduce my next stay. I stayed again several months later and he kept his promise. Also, my next visit was much different. The bed was extremely comfortable and I slept very well. This hotel is very clean, smells nice and has very polite workers. I also like that they have a shuttle that takes you to A&M or whereever you need to go. You must let them know in advance though if you need to use the shuttle services early in the am.

I don't recall the food being so great. From what I remember it was cold. Other than that this place is probably the cleanest hotel I've stayed in College Station.

Room Tip: Request a room away from the elevator.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Buffalo, Wyoming
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2012

This hotel is a bit on the outdated side. The furnishings look like they were high style about 15 years ago. This might just be a matter of taste, though. The TV is ancient. It still has a rounded screen! The fridge in our room wasn't working, however we didn't realize this until the next morning when everything we stored in it was warm. After some inspection we realized that it had been unplugged. We plugged it back in, but it just didn't work. I took this to mean someone from the hotel knew it didn't work, but just unplugged it instead of fixing or replacing it. The worst part of the room was the bed. The mattress was WAY too firm. I hardly slept either night we were there because I just couldn't get comfortable on that bed. Also, I wouldn't really recommend their breakfast. The food was really poor quality, pretty much what you'd expect to get for free at a low quality motel chain. However this wasn't free. It was about $10/person for the buffet. I had a bite of fruit that was rotten. Yuck. We picked this hotel because it had a restaurant and bar, but decided to eat dinner elsewhere after seeing the quality. If you are debating about staying here, I would probably recommend finding another hotel. This one wasn't the worst place I've ever stayed, by far, and the staff were very friendly and helpful. But overall, it wasn't what I expected from Holiday Inn, and if we have to go back to College Station, we are going to find a different hotel. The one good thing I can say is I didn't get woken up early in the morning by the loud slamming of neighbor's doors, like often happens in other hotels.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Aggieland? Share your experiences!