“What a great stay!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Aggieland

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Aggieland to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Aggieland
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2500 Earl Rudder Freeway South, College Station, College Station, TX 77840   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #16 of 29 hotels in College Station
Los Lunas, New Mexico
“What a great stay!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011

I was in College Station on business and my employer had booked us into this hotel both for our stay and for our meeting. I took my wife along and we had a wonderful stay. The hotel was excellent and the staff was even better than that. The hotel room was very neat, clean and attractively decorated.

Michelle Moats, who took care of all our business meeting needs, was exceptional. She was so well organized and was very responsive to our every need. She went the extra mile to see that my wife had what she needed, even tho she wasn't part of the meeting. The night front desk manager that week went the extra mile for us when we needed some assistance loading and securing our pickup with some furniture we bought that week. He certainly didn't need to help, but as with the rest of the staff at the hotel, he was willing to go the extra mile for the guest.

We recommend this hotel wholeheartedly both for leisure and business stays.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business

68 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2011

We left a conference in south Houston spent two hours in the famous traffic that city is known for. We had hoped to make it back to Dallas but it was late so right out of the traffic nightmare I started looking for a good hotel. Based on my last positive Holiday Inn experience We set out for the closest location.

We checked in late and had the pleasure of meeting the friendly night manager James, he was quick to get us set-up in an very roomy suite. He could tell by our look we were road worn and we told him we were hungry. At his suggestion and because we were too tired to find any other place we tried the down stairs restaurant. I didnt have high expectations.

He said the chicken fried steak was amazing. Ok, he was young so what did he know I thought. Well I jumped and put in an order, I have to say it was over the top good. Even the mashed potatoes and cream gravy was amazing. Down right cheap prices to, I was shocked! This was perfect, we had already spent hours in the car so to get quality food without having to leave the hotel was perfect.

I spend lots of time at hotels but with this location I was really impressed by the kindness of the staff, the large suites with ice cold air conditioner (an important feature in the Texas summer) flat screen cable and now the food quality, Holiday Inn...you guys are doing it right, Three cheers!

At check in ask for the hours of the restaurant, its really pretty good, not a big wait and the food is really good and fast!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2011

I stayed here recently visiting my aggie brother and his wife. I normally stay with him but his house was already crowded.

I could tell the city was busy with some kind of sporting event because I passed many out of town school buses. The hotel was in the greatest location! It wasn't far at all from University Rd/restaurant row, but I didn't want to stay around all of the traffic and noise anyway!

I got to town early and wasn't sure how to kill 4hrs until normal check in time, but the guy at the front desk was so nice and let me check in anyway. Very much appreciated!

No problems with the room at all. Very comfortable beds! Very clean, no complaints at all. I only called down once to get two more pillows and a toothbrush. I think the front desk girl was alone but she was still at my door with the pillows and toothbrush within 5min! Impressive!

If I visit College Station again I will definitely be back.

• Stayed January 2011
Knoxville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2010

Nice place and it was very clean. We checked the room up and down for bed bugs and found none! I was a bit disappointed because they did not have a continental breakfast. They have a restaurant with breakfast you can buy, but if I have to pay for breakfast, I am going to go somewhere different. The beds were comfortable and staff were pretty nice.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2010

I like the newer Holiday Inn's and HI Expresses. This one is a few years old, but still looks new and has new amenities. The room was nice with a real comfortable bed. The problem was the wear in the room seemed premature so such a new hotel. The thermostat was missing buttons, the shower had stained/cracked tiles above it and parts of the bathroom cover/paint was chipped and cracking. The TV, although fine, was an older tube type, and just looked out of place in a "newer" hotel. I'd stay again for sure, but hope they address the minor wear and tear.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2010

The facility is fine. The first thing you notice when you get in the room is the climate control is off. Had to turn on the heat (chilly spell in TX). Beds are firm. Bathrooms are newer decor. Room didn't smell bad (not welcomed by a pleasant clean smell either though). Pool is tiny but the water is warm. The only real "knock" I have is that the lounge doesn't stay open as advertised. In the elevator there is an information page framed on the wall. It says the lounge will be open until 11;00 on weekends (10:00 during the week). We went out to dinner and came back to have a couple of drinks in the lounge. However, it closed at 9:30 according to the front desk. When I pointed out the info in the elevator, gal says it always closes at 9:30. If I had known, we would have stayed out for a couple of nightcaps.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2010

Stayed four nights, nice room, great service, breakfast in hotel pricey, great staff!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Aggieland? Share your experiences!