“Nice clean fresh place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #25 of 33 Hotels in College Station
“Nice clean fresh place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012 via mobile

This is a nice place to book in.. Nice fast service very clean! Close to all kinds of restaurants, gas stations and major department stores... Hotel has microwave,refridgerator and wi-fi is great! Cold cold AC swimming pool and small gym ohh and also breakfast in the morning and coffee all day! Very nice place to stay! I would recommend to everyone!

• Stayed August 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Austin, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

I recently stayed one night, less than14 hours and not only experience staff that could not speak English, but upon leaving was billed $250 for turning the heater on in one of the rooms. They actually charged me $250 because their heater stunk up the place and proclaimed that I smoked in the room. The Manager Sharon will not return any of my phone calls. I was willing to pay $114.99 for 14 hours and that was not enough. The hotel had very few guests and the food was horrible. There are not enough characters to fit it all in one review.

There is No Quality at the Inn in College Station, beware.

Room Tip: You can hear through the walls of the rooms, and if there is someone walking outside every step can...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Brenham, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2012

Ahhhhh...this was more like it! After an uneasy experience with the Days Inn College Station last week, I gave this hotel a try on my return trip this week. This is a beautiful, new hotel with large, clean comfortable suites - incredible value for the money! I can say only two negative things about it: 1) it is not extremely easy to get to at its location off Hwy 6; and 2) the shower head was not great - sprayed little streams of water everywhere. Even with those two minor issues, I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
AllentownPA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2011

Stayed on a Sunday night in November. Called to get directions as we had booked on line via PriceLine ($79 + tax) - night deskperson gave us very poor directions - we were within a block finally and she still could not give directions. When we finally arrived and asked for suggestions for a non-chain restaurant to eat at, she could not help.
Suite very large- King and pullout couch very comfortable. fridge and microwave an unexpected plus. Outdoor Pool open but locked - manager did not know that. Desk person directed us to wash machine, said no soap (she didn't know the soap was in her desk).
Breakfast good. Wifi disconnected repeatedly.
PriceLine review said it was pet friendly - it was 'No Pets'. On leaving Manager could not give us a bill because it was through PriceLine -never had that before.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
San Antonio, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2011

I stayed with my family at the Quality Suites in College Station in early October. This appears to be a relatively new hotel, which is located toward the south end of the city.

We selected the hotel based upon price and others' on-line ratings. Overall, I have to give this hotel an average rating.

PROS
Hotel staff & management are extremely nice and eager to please. We were greated warmly upon arrival and then again every time we departed/returned.

The breakfast was good. Scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, waffle makers, juices (not in a machine), yogurt, a wide variety of breads and donuts.

Rooms were HUGE. We had two double-queen rooms. The rooms have microwaves and small fridge (did not use). Room has a pull-out sofa in the room, along with executive chair/desk/desk chair, in a sitting area. The room had 4 lamps. I wish that we had had just one room for 5 family members--we would have been easily accommodated. Bathrooms were okay--nothing special.

Free Wi-Fi. However, it was not stable, and dropped about every 15 mins. Very frustrating.

CONS
Location/access. The hotel is located near the far south end of College Station. While everything in B/CS is technically within reasonable driving distance, the hotel wasn't the most convenient place from which to quickly reach the universtiy. We also had some initial frustration trying to get places from hotel.

Room Environment. Room A/C is loud (white noise) and blowing ALL the time. Also, not sure of cause, but both rooms had musty/stale smell. It wasn't over powering, and we ultimately elected not to change rooms. However, we were reminded of this everytime we returned. In one of our rooms, housekeeping had placed a de-humidifier in the room. Not sure why: water in carpet??

Beds/Pillows. Three of the five family members complained that the bed was uncomfortable; the eldest child thought it was the "most awesome bed" he's ever slept on. The pillows are relatively small and kneaded into preferred shape. However, three of us did not like the pillows for this reason, preferring larger/"fluffier" pillows. I suppose it is a matter of preference. In this case, I'm writing, so it is a con.

I haven't stayed in College Station before, so I don't know how this hotel compares to others. However, I will probably try other locations in future UNLESS we are all traveling together (since room accommodates 5).

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2011

This is an average, clean, friendly hotel. But you'll fork out $225/night (non-fundable) during any weekend over a football game.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
rio rancho, new mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2011

I stayed here for a weekend. Paid for the room in cash and still had the identical bill on my credit card! Then...after I left the hotel I was billed AGAIN for another night! Manager had 'no idea' how this happend. Front dest staff very inept at what they need to be doing with the computer system. I will NEVER stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Been to Quality Suites? Share your experiences!