I had to have a room in College Station for two nights on September 16 and 17 for an event unrelated to the Texas Aggies football frenzy. Unfortunately, we had to pay the price. For a normal, basic suite they jacked the rate from ~$100/night to $225/night and precharged my credit card for the Privilege. I'm told this is normal, accepted practice in the area. I do not find it to be acceptable and will be taking the ChoiceHotels group (Quality, Comfort, Clarion, etc.) off my business travel list. To be fair, the room was fine, although the AC was extremely loud. The facility was clean and relatively new - some of the staff was friendly and helpful, others were less so. Overall the room was worth $100/night, but $225/night? please.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Quality Suites® is ideally located with easy access from Highway 6, just four miles from Texas A&M University. This College Station, TX hotel is convenient to popular area attractions like the Reed Arena sports and entertainment venue, Texas World Speedway, the George Bush Presidential Library and Museum, Messina Hof Winery and the Brazos Valley Museum of Natural History. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Choice Hotels, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Agoda so you can book your Quality Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quality Inn College Station
- Quality Hotel College Station