“Rude, inconsiderate, and impatient staff.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites College Station / US 6-East Bypass

You added Hampton Inn & Suites College Station / US 6-East Bypass to your Saves list
Hampton Inn & Suites College Station / US 6-East Bypass
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   925 Earl Rudder Fwy. S., College Station, TX 77840   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn 2X HHonors Points
Ranked #6 of 30 Hotels in College Station
“Rude, inconsiderate, and impatient staff.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

I was happy with my stay until check out, I had a do not disturb sign on my door and the house keeper still banged on my door at 10am waking up my sick child, the previous day i forgot so the housekeeper should of known i did not want to be Disturbed. Then i recieve a call at 11:58 to make sure i was checking out, that call could of waited till noon at least. Then, when we left the room the housekeepers were sitting at the end of the hall just watching us pointing and laughing, very rude and very unprofessional!!! Food was cold, no one smiled and said hello. I love my customer service and this place surely did not give me that.

• Stayed November 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
West Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

My son got married this weekend in Anderson. The wedding party and guests stayed at the Hampton Inn and Suites and I could not have been more pleased! The front desk staff was amazing! I had to change reservations several times, and each time they were very accommodating!! The rooms were very nice and the housekeeping staff was friendly and helpful. The breakfast was great and the coffee even better!

Room Tip: They put the wedding party and guests all the the 3rd floor. Everyone was happy with their rooms an...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

I would actually rate this at 3.5 stars. There was nothing egregiously wrong, just the usual minor annoyances. I stayed on the 2nd floor.

The closet didn't have a bar to hang one's clothes (like my suits) on, and the toilet needed a tune-up (you had to really play with the handle to get the toilet to flush). The first wash rag I started using in the shower had a a couple of icky black pubes really, really stuck in the fibers. The other rags were fine, as were the towels. Not a big deal. The internet was slower than usual for a Hampton Inn.

On the plus side, the shower head is nice and high so a tall guy like me doesn't have to slouch during my shower, and the water pressure and temp are great. The walls and floors seem to be well insulated, as there was no noise to be heard in the adjoining rooms. Room was very clean, including the bed.

I have stayed at the Hilton and the other Hampton Inn in College Station and I would rate this one the best. You get more for your money here than at the Hilton.

For an out-of-the ordinary quick meal, eat at one of the Freebirds World Burrito in town. It's fresher and more delicious than Chipotle, IMO.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

The toilet was broken and was never fixed in a three day stay! I don't think the sheets were ever changed either! The shower also did not drain very well! Not a pleasant stay!

Room Tip: Find a hotel under $119.00 a night with a working toilet.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

If you are a Hilton Honors member and you are looking for a Hilton property to stay in while visiting College Station, skip the Hilton and make your reservations at this Hampton Inn. It seems counter intuitive. One would think that you'd get a fancier room and better service from a Hilton, but trust me, you will be dissappointed in the Hilton once you leave the common spaces and have to go to your room. The rooms are in tough shape and in desparate need of an update. Many are small and shabby. Not only that but many of double beds. Hello! Is this 1960? Kings or at least Queens are the standard. The common areas will tempt you to believe that this is an outstanding hotel, but don't take the bait. It will be switched when you enter your room.

On the other hand, the rooms at the Hampton are beautiful and recently updated. Yes, breakfast isn't as fancy, but it is free. The people who work at the Hampton are very accomodating and personable. You'll enjoy your stay. If traveling for business, the Hampton is well equiped. A full size desk in the room with plenty of power outlets and of course, high-speed internet. There is a business office that is in good shape as well. The one area where they could use some work is the fitness center. That is very weak. Cardio equipment only and no weights. Even the cardio equipment isn't in great shape, but from what I hear, they have a plan to fix that in the near future. They will also be upgrading the breakfast area. Give it a try next time you are in town. You won't be dissapointed. Test the staff, with a few requests and see what kind of response you recieve. They are good people who care about making your stay the best it can be.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Somers, Connecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

I made reservations for 2 rooms last August via the phone with Linda for 2012 A&M graduation.Was told upon check in that I had booked 4 rooms,and upon presenting my printed confirmations showing 2 rooms and price that it didnt matter what my paperwork said,their computer said I reserved 4 rooms and so I was charged for all 4.Manager was rude and informed me that no matter what I said or had in writing I was wrong and that his staff does not make errors.This ruined a family members graduation.We will never stay at Hampton Inn again. This hotel is not honest.

Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
J D, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites College Station / US 6-East Bypass, responded to this review, May 21, 2012
We are sorry we were not able to provide you with a better quality of service. This is not typical of our usual Hamptonality and welcoming staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we are all about Satisfaction Guaranteed and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a great stay. Please reach out to us directly with your confirmation or HHonors number so that we may resolve this issue. Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to hearing from you.
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2012

The Hampton Inn was a good choice for our one night stay in College Station. The hotel was fairly typical for the newer style Hampton Inn. The room was clean, beds were comfortable and the service was good. The breakfast bar area was clean & fairly typical as well.

The hotel is conveniently located to TAMU but far enough away from the campus main traffic area.

The price was reasonable for the area & I would definitely stay at this hotel in the future.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites College Station / US 6-East Bypass? Share your experiences!