I would actually rate this at 3.5 stars. There was nothing egregiously wrong, just the usual minor annoyances. I stayed on the 2nd floor.
The closet didn't have a bar to hang one's clothes (like my suits) on, and the toilet needed a tune-up (you had to really play with the handle to get the toilet to flush). The first wash rag I started using in the shower had a a couple of icky black pubes really, really stuck in the fibers. The other rags were fine, as were the towels. Not a big deal. The internet was slower than usual for a Hampton Inn.
On the plus side, the shower head is nice and high so a tall guy like me doesn't have to slouch during my shower, and the water pressure and temp are great. The walls and floors seem to be well insulated, as there was no noise to be heard in the adjoining rooms. Room was very clean, including the bed.
I have stayed at the Hilton and the other Hampton Inn in College Station and I would rate this one the best. You get more for your money here than at the Hilton.
For an out-of-the ordinary quick meal, eat at one of the Freebirds World Burrito in town. It's fresher and more delicious than Chipotle, IMO.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn And Suites College Station/Us 6-East Bypass
- Hampton Inn & Suites College Station/Us 6-East Bypass Hotel College Station
- Hampton Inn & Suites College Station/Us 6-East Bypass Hotel
- Hampton Inn College Station
- College Station Hampton Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Highway 6, the Hampton Inn & Suites College Station/US 6-East Bypass provides easy access to Bryan and College Station. Join us for a free hot breakfast every morning and use free high-speed internet access in your comfortable room to stay connected with work and home. At our location on Earl Rudder Freeway South at University Drive, you'll be less than four miles from the campus of Texas A&M University. Cheer for the Aggies at a football game or catch a show at the Wolf Pen Creek Park and Amphitheater. Experience live music on Northgate, tour Messina Hof Winery or get a taste of history at the George Bush Presidential Library and Museum. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels, Travelocity, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites College Station / US 6-East Bypass reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.