If you are a Hilton Honors member and you are looking for a Hilton property to stay in while visiting College Station, skip the Hilton and make your reservations at this Hampton Inn. It seems counter intuitive. One would think that you'd get a fancier room and better service from a Hilton, but trust me, you will be dissappointed in the Hilton once you leave the common spaces and have to go to your room. The rooms are in tough shape and in desparate need of an update. Many are small and shabby. Not only that but many of double beds. Hello! Is this 1960? Kings or at least Queens are the standard. The common areas will tempt you to believe that this is an outstanding hotel, but don't take the bait. It will be switched when you enter your room.
On the other hand, the rooms at the Hampton are beautiful and recently updated. Yes, breakfast isn't as fancy, but it is free. The people who work at the Hampton are very accomodating and personable. You'll enjoy your stay. If traveling for business, the Hampton is well equiped. A full size desk in the room with plenty of power outlets and of course, high-speed internet. There is a business office that is in good shape as well. The one area where they could use some work is the fitness center. That is very weak. Cardio equipment only and no weights. Even the cardio equipment isn't in great shape, but from what I hear, they have a plan to fix that in the near future. They will also be upgrading the breakfast area. Give it a try next time you are in town. You won't be dissapointed. Test the staff, with a few requests and see what kind of response you recieve. They are good people who care about making your stay the best it can be.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites College Station/Us 6-East Bypass Hotel
- Hampton Inn And Suites College Station/Us 6-East Bypass
- Hampton Inn & Suites College Station/Us 6-East Bypass Hotel College Station
- Hampton Inn College Station
- College Station Hampton Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Highway 6, the Hampton Inn & Suites College Station/US 6-East Bypass provides easy access to Bryan and College Station. Join us for a free hot breakfast every morning and use free high-speed internet access in your comfortable room to stay connected with work and home. At our location on Earl Rudder Freeway South at University Drive, you'll be less than four miles from the campus of Texas A&M University. Cheer for the Aggies at a football game or catch a show at the Wolf Pen Creek Park and Amphitheater. Experience live music on Northgate, tour Messina Hof Winery or get a taste of history at the George Bush Presidential Library and Museum. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, Hilton Hotels, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites College Station / US 6-East Bypass reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.