Save Saved
You added Hampton Inn & Suites College Station / US 6-East Bypass to your Saves list
Hampton Inn & Suites College Station / US 6-East Bypass
Ranked #6 of 29 hotels in College Station
Somers, Connecticut
“Overcharged”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

I made reservations for 2 rooms last August via the phone with Linda for 2012 A&M graduation.Was told upon check in that I had booked 4 rooms,and upon presenting my printed confirmations showing 2 rooms and price that it didnt matter what my paperwork said,their computer said I reserved 4 rooms and so I was charged for all 4.Manager was rude and informed me that no matter what I said or had in writing I was wrong and that his staff does not make errors.This ruined a family members graduation.We will never stay at Hampton Inn again. This hotel is not honest.

Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
J D, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites College Station / US 6-East Bypass, responded to this review, May 21, 2012
We are sorry we were not able to provide you with a better quality of service. This is not typical of our usual Hamptonality and welcoming staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we are all about Satisfaction Guaranteed and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a great stay. Please reach out to us directly with your confirmation or HHonors number so that we may resolve this issue. Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to hearing from you.

110 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2012

The Hampton Inn was a good choice for our one night stay in College Station. The hotel was fairly typical for the newer style Hampton Inn. The room was clean, beds were comfortable and the service was good. The breakfast bar area was clean & fairly typical as well.

The hotel is conveniently located to TAMU but far enough away from the campus main traffic area.

The price was reasonable for the area & I would definitely stay at this hotel in the future.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Bonham
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2012

Got stuck with the 3rd floor (I like the 1st). Ice machine wasn't working. This is huge for me. Had to go to the 2nd floor 2x per day. To get a fridge and microwave was an extra $20 per day, and I was there 3 days.
Room was clean. Staff was friendly. First night I had people all around, next two nights there was no one in the rooms next to me, which I appreciated. Like having laundry on each floor.
This year the breakfast seemed not as good. The eggs looked like they'd been sitting a while, and there wasn't much of them. The bacon was barely warm.
Overall, just not nice as visit as Jan 2011. Next year I'll go somewhere with fridge and microwave. Also, if your conference in on University, you have to travel south on the service road to take a u-turn to get right up to University on the north bound side of the freeway.

Room Tip: First floor is great, close access to fitness room, pool and business center so if you have to wait...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2011

This was our first stay at this hotel - Hampton delivers as it typically does.

This property is very nice overall with large entrance/dining/and living room area. The rooms are nicely sized and fit us just fine. The room, towels, and bed were clean and crisp. The beds were adequate in size. Breakfast was typical for a Hampton free continental with room. The staff was friendly. The property is a little far from campus but has easy access to the highway, food, etc.

The property has limited access in/out and it is difficult to make the entrance turn taking the exit recommended by the hotel. Exit early and ride the feeder to resolve this matter. Just be Our room did not have a kitchenette. The furnishings are looking a bit worn as is the bed in our room which led to an uncomfortable nights sleep. Even with the temperature dropping into the 40's at night outside the room always felt hot and stuffy - an issue that the front desk seemed to know about.

None of the items above are huge matters, really.

Our biggest issue was that our room was much pricier than expected. We had the government employee rate basis my wife's job. Upon arrival the clerk asked for ID. She did not have hers. We offered to show the front desk a photo of her on the state's internet site but the clerk indicated that was not sufficient proof. What? A photo with her on the state's web site with her title is not enough? That is silly. We acknowledge that this is as much our fault as is theirs since she did not bring her id BUT in our defense every Hampton we have been to previously has either not asked for id or they just had us fill out some paperwork. It is their right to ask specifically for id but it would be nice for them to let you know about their policy when making the reservation. This issue ended up costing us an extra $50/night for the room and left a bad taste in our mouths.

Without this poor customer service we would have given the property a "Very Good" rating but their negativity regarding the id brings them down to an "Average" rating.

Room Tip: Rooms over the pool have the best view and are more quite. If you make a government employee rese...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

Very nice hotel. I little bit more money, per night, then nearby hotels. But, it was worth it!! We splurged and got a King Whirlpool Suite. The room was very roomy! The bed was better than my bed at home. The sleeper sofa was large enough for two adults, if you needed it. The whirlpool jacuzzi next to the bed was romantic and relaxing! The kitchenette area was very convenient to have while staying all weekend. Breakfast was very good and the pool was nice and relaxing!! We will definitely stay there next year when we come back!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Wichita Falls, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2011

I had a reservation for parents weekend and my father in law was in hospital and had taken a turn for the worse so I called that Tuesday (reservation was for Friday) and was told I couldn't get a refund because it wasn't within 14 days. My father in law passed away that Thursday and this hotel would not refund my money. I will NEVER stay with them again, that is just cheap and greedy, and I would encourage all travelers to boycott this lousy hotel. These slime are more interested in money than people. They jack up their rates $80 a night for this weekend!

Room Tip: Don't reserve a room
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2009

We can always count on this Hampton to deliver good service. We stay here frequently when we are in town and have never been disappointed. I can honestly say we have stayed in almost every type of non-smoking room they have and all of them have been great. Some of the furnishings in the suites are starting to look a little tired, but they are clean. Comfortable queen beds with plenty of room to move around is an added plus. Breakfast is the typical Hampton fare. We have never used the pool but the business center and fitness center are sufficient for our needs. Staff is always pleasant. The self-serve laundry room is an added plus.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites College Station / US 6-East Bypass? Share your experiences!