“There's no place like home” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn 2X HHonors Points
Ranked #4 of 30 Hotels in College Station
Hawley, TX
“There's no place like home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

Pros :
We just spent a week at the Homewood Suites in College Station and I have to report that the room was very comfortable even though it was next to the elevator. When I was in the sitting room I could hear the elevator but it was not a distraction which amazed me considering the proximity of the room to the elevator. We both like a quiet bedroom with a comfortable bed and plenty of pillows and were very satisfied. The suite was spotless when we moved in and was kept that way all week long.

Breakfast was about as good as self service breakfast can be with plenty of choices of hot foods which changed each day along with the standard fare of breads, yogurt, fruits, cereals, fruit juices and coffee, tea or milk. I did not see anything amiss and the area was kept spotless and well served by the two ladies on duty there.

Cons:
My wife was in the room most of the time in the day while I was away tending to business so she got bored with the poor selection of TV channels provided on the Direct TV connection in the room and she reported that the dishwasher was very loud and that she generally left the room while it was running to get away from its’ noise. I was quiet bored with the TV selections at night as the choices were very limited for me as well.

For whatever reason cell phone reception is always a challenge in this hotel but the room we were in just did not have cell service that was good enough to allow a cell phone conversation to work. Of course the room has a land line in it which gives one the privilege of paying for outgoing calls.
The Wi-Fi was very slow and one night I gave up trying to log in because it was just taking too long. Normally one can down load email and do searches on the web but there is no reason to attempt to watch You Tube, Netflix or MLB on your computer because the system is just too limited for them to work either in the day and or at night.

Summation:
We will continue to stay here when in College Station because the room is so comfortable, the breakfast is very good and the staff is outstanding. We just wish the Wi-Fi and TV selections were better.

Room Tip: If you're very sensitive to noise stay away from the outside doors and if you're hypersensit...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
HWGM, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton College Station, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
We greatly appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay with us. Please know that we are in the process of working with our Direct TV Provider as well as our Internet Provider to resolve your concerns. We realize you have many choices when visiting College Station and we are happy you chose us to be your home away from home.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Brea, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

I only had one night in this lovely hotel...but the memory of that bed caused me to rush right home and find one just like it. It was the quintessential cuddle up with a good book and read type of bed. It stood about 2 1/2 feet up, so that rather than falling down into the bed, I simply moved over and onto the bed. Giant, fluffy pillows, warm sheets. Oh it was so dreamy.

The room itself was really nice. A small kitchenette loaded with snacks, including microwave popcorn, at no charge. A great living room area with a lovely work station.

The ladies who work in the little breakfast cafe do such a lovely job. The area was clean and well maintained. They were quick to clear away and add new items to the buffet. They were so good, I went back into the kitchen to let them know how I felt.

Only downside was the pool was outside and not heated. So no swimming for me.

Overall, I really had a lovely time. If I get a chance to go back and visit the Aggies again, this will be the place I call to stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us and to brag about our wonderful beds! We are thrilled to provide you a comfy and restful place to stay while visiting College Station. We hope to see you again soon!
Pottsboro, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Staff was friendly and helpful; they always said hello. The breakfast meals were good; especially the coffee. I also liked the evening meals; it was a good way to end the day. The room was clean and comfortable. I would return there again.

Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
We are so glad you enjoyed your recent stay with us! We pride ourselves on providing excellent accomodations as well as outstanding service to all our guests! Your willingness to share such a positive experience means so much to our hotel. We look forward to making you feel "at home" again soon!
Lafayette, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

The staff at this hotel is very friendly and professional. I have been staying at this hotel for a few months now so I have gotten to know the staff and they always greet me with a smile and ask how I am doing. As far as the hotel itself, I have nothing bad to say about it and if there is something that I can not find, they are always quick to locate it for me.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
San Angelo, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

This is a nice place to stay in College Station. The hotel is clean and the rooms are spacious. The housekeeping and maintenance staff is very friendly. The hotel is showing its age but I'm sure will be updated soon. There is not anything extra special but you can count on a clean well kept facility. I will stay again soon.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask which door/elevator is best to park by so you don't walk the entire building to g...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
La Serena, Chile
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

I attended a series of three meetings in College Station, making for a somewhat long (8 night) stay in this hotel. The suite (two rooms) was quite nice, spacious, and clean. The breakfasts were good, with a reasonable variation of sides (always scrambled eggs, but different varieties of sausages and potatoes). The "social hour" (5pm-7pm Mon-Thu) food was also quite nice, although I only sampled it a couple of times during the stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I attend a conference yearly in College Station and I have stayed at many different hotels. I think this one is the best choice. My only complaint was that the breakfast food was mediocre, but many of these so called free breakfasts are. Good location, great rooms, friendly and helpful staff.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton College Station? Share your experiences!