We just spent a week at the Homewood Suites in College Station and I have to report that the room was very comfortable even though it was next to the elevator. When I was in the sitting room I could hear the elevator but it was not a distraction which amazed me considering the proximity of the room to the elevator. We both like a quiet bedroom with a comfortable bed and plenty of pillows and were very satisfied. The suite was spotless when we moved in and was kept that way all week long.
Breakfast was about as good as self service breakfast can be with plenty of choices of hot foods which changed each day along with the standard fare of breads, yogurt, fruits, cereals, fruit juices and coffee, tea or milk. I did not see anything amiss and the area was kept spotless and well served by the two ladies on duty there.
My wife was in the room most of the time in the day while I was away tending to business so she got bored with the poor selection of TV channels provided on the Direct TV connection in the room and she reported that the dishwasher was very loud and that she generally left the room while it was running to get away from its’ noise. I was quiet bored with the TV selections at night as the choices were very limited for me as well.
For whatever reason cell phone reception is always a challenge in this hotel but the room we were in just did not have cell service that was good enough to allow a cell phone conversation to work. Of course the room has a land line in it which gives one the privilege of paying for outgoing calls.
The Wi-Fi was very slow and one night I gave up trying to log in because it was just taking too long. Normally one can down load email and do searches on the web but there is no reason to attempt to watch You Tube, Netflix or MLB on your computer because the system is just too limited for them to work either in the day and or at night.
We will continue to stay here when in College Station because the room is so comfortable, the breakfast is very good and the staff is outstanding. We just wish the Wi-Fi and TV selections were better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The beautifully designed Homewood Suites by Hilton® College Station hotel in Texas is conveniently located just one mile from Texas A&M University and near other popular attractions and facilities, such as the George Bush Presidential Library and the Brayton Fire School. Our all suites hotel is the ideal accommodations option for anyone traveling to College Station, Texas for business or for pleasure. Our studios and one- and two-bedroom suites include king- or queen-sized beds as well as an additional full-sized sleeper sofa. Enjoy the extra space and fully equipped kitchen. Following a day of work or training, relax in our outdoor pool and hot tub. Work out in our fitness center or on the sports court. Join us in the Lodge near the lobby for a full hot breakfast. We’ll also treat you to an evening dinner with drinks*, served Monday through Thursday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Hilton Hotels, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Homewood Suites by Hilton College Station reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Suites By Hilton College Station Hotel College Station
- Homewood Suites College Station
- Homewood College Station
- College Station Homewood Suites