“Loved the Bed” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Brea, California
“Loved the Bed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

I only had one night in this lovely hotel...but the memory of that bed caused me to rush right home and find one just like it. It was the quintessential cuddle up with a good book and read type of bed. It stood about 2 1/2 feet up, so that rather than falling down into the bed, I simply moved over and onto the bed. Giant, fluffy pillows, warm sheets. Oh it was so dreamy.

The room itself was really nice. A small kitchenette loaded with snacks, including microwave popcorn, at no charge. A great living room area with a lovely work station.

The ladies who work in the little breakfast cafe do such a lovely job. The area was clean and well maintained. They were quick to clear away and add new items to the buffet. They were so good, I went back into the kitchen to let them know how I felt.

Only downside was the pool was outside and not heated. So no swimming for me.

Overall, I really had a lovely time. If I get a chance to go back and visit the Aggies again, this will be the place I call to stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
HWGM, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton College Station, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us and to brag about our wonderful beds! We are thrilled to provide you a comfy and restful place to stay while visiting College Station. We hope to see you again soon!

Pottsboro, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Staff was friendly and helpful; they always said hello. The breakfast meals were good; especially the coffee. I also liked the evening meals; it was a good way to end the day. The room was clean and comfortable. I would return there again.

Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
We are so glad you enjoyed your recent stay with us! We pride ourselves on providing excellent accomodations as well as outstanding service to all our guests! Your willingness to share such a positive experience means so much to our hotel. We look forward to making you feel "at home" again soon!
Lafayette, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

The staff at this hotel is very friendly and professional. I have been staying at this hotel for a few months now so I have gotten to know the staff and they always greet me with a smile and ask how I am doing. As far as the hotel itself, I have nothing bad to say about it and if there is something that I can not find, they are always quick to locate it for me.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
San Angelo, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

This is a nice place to stay in College Station. The hotel is clean and the rooms are spacious. The housekeeping and maintenance staff is very friendly. The hotel is showing its age but I'm sure will be updated soon. There is not anything extra special but you can count on a clean well kept facility. I will stay again soon.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask which door/elevator is best to park by so you don't walk the entire building to g...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank MBrownfield
La Serena, Chile
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

I attended a series of three meetings in College Station, making for a somewhat long (8 night) stay in this hotel. The suite (two rooms) was quite nice, spacious, and clean. The breakfasts were good, with a reasonable variation of sides (always scrambled eggs, but different varieties of sausages and potatoes). The "social hour" (5pm-7pm Mon-Thu) food was also quite nice, although I only sampled it a couple of times during the stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Chris S
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I attend a conference yearly in College Station and I have stayed at many different hotels. I think this one is the best choice. My only complaint was that the breakfast food was mediocre, but many of these so called free breakfasts are. Good location, great rooms, friendly and helpful staff.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
San Antonio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We stayed here during a football game weekend and were extremely pleased with the quality of the hotel. Despite full occupancy, the lobby never felt crowded and the staff was very professional and friendly. Our suite was very nice, with 2 TV's, a DVD player, granite countertops in the bathroom, and a separate living/dining area with kitchenette. The mattress was comfortable and one of our favorite features was the AC system, which allowed us to keep the fan on at all times and didn't cycle on and off throughout the night, which makes it difficult to sleep well. Breakfasts were good, with hot entrees such as scrambled eggs, french toast sticks, and waffles. We especially enjoyed the warm baked goods served each morning. (On the 2 mornings we were there, they served blueberry scones and cranberry muffins.) One weak note was the poor strength of the coffee. It would be great to offer a dark roast option as well. The evening reception we went to was tasty and filling, with a variety of hot wings, fries, and carrot and celery sticks with ranch and blue cheese dressings for dip. Happily, the free wine served during the reception was the best I've ever enjoyed at a hotel! They served Messina Hof Merlot Barrel Reserve, a local product, which was very smooth and "oaky."

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple