“Great for lunch or dinner” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Eccell is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 240 Restaurants in College Station
Cuisines: Pizza, Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary
Good for: Romance, Bar scene, Outdoor seating, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Wellborn Rd.
College Station, Texas
“Great for lunch or dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

Casual atmosphere but the menu offers something for everyone (I love the pizza cooked in their wood-fired oven and the greek salad). Prices range from $10 to $25 per person for dinner. Tlhe exterior appearance looks a little rought but don't let that bother you. Reservations are recommended on Friday and Saturday evenings as this is a popular eating spot.

Visited March 2012

College Station, Texas
“Upscale vacation from the "Usual"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

Expect a bit slower service with a slight snooty twist that is apropos to dining on upscale selections the chef has prepared to perfection. A vacation from the usual local fare deserves a bit more money throw at it, even if the surroundings are "elegant shack" decor. Ale & wood fired pizza are not to be missed, elegant salads, specialty bar drinks & wines, top drawer menu. Good choice for business or romance, please dress accordingly - this is not WalMart.

• Visited July 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Not so great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012

I went there today for my birthday lunch. As a European I was excited by their menu and the excellent reviews. I lived in Italy for 3 years and love wood burning oven pizzas but both my husband and I were disappointed. We ordered the Greek salad - it was was not a Greek salad. We have been to Greece many times and we have never had lettuce or balsamic vinegar in it. It was basically lettuce and olives with crumbled feta (crumbled..not diced). The dressing was ok (apparently the recipe was from the Greek owner's grandmother) however it was a little too vinegary and was Balsamic vinegar (Italian) not red wine vinegar. There was hardly any tomato or cucumber. Then we had the Rustic Italian Sausage pizza - crust was good but way too little tomato sauce which coupled with goats cheese made it very pasty tasting. I had a glass of white wine and my husband had an iced tea - the drinks bill was $11 ! This is College Station not Manhattan! The one positive note was our waitress who was very attentive and friendly. Bill with tip $41 - sorry it was not worth it. Won't be back.

• Visited April 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
San Angelo, Texas
“Amazing Pizza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

We found this restaurant by mistake. We wanted a light lunch and stumbled on this place and they were open and not very crowded in the early afternoon. There were three of us and we shared a regular sized pizza and a greek salad. Both were wonderful.
Be sure to try their house bread. It is upon request only. I didn't try it but they had a strawberry tart that I'm going to make a special trip to try next time I'm in town. It looked super.
Clean, friendly service and not overpriced.

• Visited March 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Plano, Texas
“Restaurant with a menu to please anyone”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012

Strawberry tart is amazing! Salmon was okay. Service was great!

Visited April 2012