“Great Texas BBQ” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Barbecue
vermont
“Great Texas BBQ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Gosh I wish this placed shipped because I live too far away hahaha..The best brisket I have ever had. Everything was great.

• Visited September 2013

Cypress, Texas
“Good choice for barbecue.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

Reviewing location at SW Pkwy and Wellborn. Sausage okay. Beef excellent. Our table was too close to the line of customers but otherwise exactly what one should expect in Texas. Overall a very good restaurant.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
“My Best BBQ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I'm still bragging. BBQ, really made my Favorites List? OH YEAH! Just down the road from the World Famous TEXAS A&M UNIVERSITY, C&J came recommended from fellow Ags. An old converted gas station, you're met by a NY deli line service with all flavors and likes of fresh bbq are set before you in a display case. Brisket, Pulled Pork; Ribs; Sausage; slaw; potato salad... oh my, I think I'm still welling with tears of the country goodness. I went (mistakenly) with the 3 meat plate, which in reality could have fed a family of five. Way too much food! The flavors are absolutely amazing and will definitely be the family stop through when we hit College Station again. Do not miss this place!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Chicago area
“Like a Pavlovian Dog....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

As soon as you walk into the restaurant...the mouth starts watering! We always look forward to our annual visit to College Station and wouldn't miss a chance to stop by C& J's. We have never been disappointed. The brisket is always flavorful and tender, as is the sausage, chicken and pulled pork. The sauce has just enough zing to make the meal truly enjoyable. Even though my kids are grown, they still think C & J's has some of the best mac n cheese around! Prices are reasonable and even if there is a line, it goes quickly. I only wish Illinois had anything similar to the great BBQ that's a staple here!

• Visited August 2013
College Station, Texas
“Going Downhill”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

I've been eating at C & J for more years than I can remember. Unfortunately, it seems to be going downhill. This last visit I found the brisket to be very bland, almost no smoke flavor to speak of. The ribs were tough and the sides uninspiring. I hope this was just a bad day because I've seen too many good BBQ places go bad. Also the prices are going through the roof. I'll try again in a month or two, but it may be their last chance.

• Visited June 2013