“Great concept - bad follow through” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #23 of 229 restaurants in College Station
Cuisines: Pizza
“Great concept - bad follow through”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Service from bar is poor. Second time here and service still bad and food lacks character. Also second time that owner has come to apologize and say "my A team is not here tonight".

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

72% Recommend
College Station, Texas, United States
“Amazing food, Amazing service, Amazing environment!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Their palo alto dip was amazing as well as their signature drink, the blue light special. Perfect place for a girls night, date, or happy hour! The owner is so sweet and nice and came by our table to make sure we liked everything. I wasn't entirely happy with a drink I ordered and they got me a different one for free! The gelato is to die for! Our server, Carly, was so sweet and gave us her recommendations on the food and knew the menu inside and out. I will be going back here for sure!

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
B-CS, Texas
“Stick with Pizza and Chonburri Shrimp-they're still trying to get it right.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

The off-spring of Grubb, Napa Flats is still hit or miss. In two visits to Napa Flats, here's my take on what we ordered: The Chonburi Shrimp appetizer and cole slaw was good both trips. I wish they had grilled Chonburri Mahi Mahi. The Salmon al Sole $15 was undercooked (not even sushi grade) and fishy we had to send it back and didn't want a replacement. The Red Fish Tropical $16 was overcooked, but I ate it. The Brazos BBQ pizza was tasty, but the toppings were sparse. The Napa Primavera pasta was disappointing, for $13 it should have had twice the veggies. I ordered a side of their delicious tomato cream sauce to mix in and that improved the taste. The Sangria was delicious, but it was borderline virgin, be sure to tell them light on the ice. In writing this, it kind of seems like the sparse toppings, low alcohol content and loads of ice is an attempt to cut corners. It's a little insulting. I'd rather get what I pay for. The manager/owner? seems to care and wants to make things right, so we will try again. However, I'm not sure he's willing to consider feedback and make menu changes at this point. It would be cool if he did. Good Luck to Napa Flats. Nice Atmosphere. Friendly.

• Visited July 2013