“Pretty much anything you want at a great price” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #111 of 241 Restaurants in College Station
Cuisines: American
Texas
“Pretty much anything you want at a great price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

The selection of beers can't be beat but the menu deserves the attention - try the pizzas - Chicago style, thick, cheesy and phenomenal

Visited May 2012

College Station, Texas
“How Can The Service Be This Bad!?!?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2011

My wife and I went with another couple for a beer tasting event. Instead of showing us to the seating area, the hostess just pointed and said "over there". Turns out that about 40 people RSVP'd for the event, but then they got another 20 walk-ins to join us. Problem is - they were only prepared for 40. As I guess we were sitting on the wrong side and so each course of our food came out 20-25 minutes after most other people's food. It was supposed to be a 2.5 hour event, but after 3.5 hours and still not finished we had to leave as our sitter's time was up.

My wife and I had come here four prior times and each time the food came out slow and the servers didn't check back regularly. Food looks and tastes pretty good, but there's a lot of "filler" (e.g., rice, pasta, etc.) and very little "meat", so the overall value is poor. BJ's own beers are actually fairly good. However, needless to say, we won't be back.

• Visited December 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
TX
“Terrible Service with Plastic wrapper in food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2011

Over the last few months, we have eaten her about 5 times; Each time, it has gotten progressively worse in terms of food and service; Last time we ate here it was almost criminal. A group of us ordered our food and half the appetizers came, the other half didn't come for about 20 minutes later (the restaurant was not even crowded); My wife had a small 2inch by 1 inch piece of plastic in her food; WORSE, my daughter who ordered a spaghetti dish, pulls OUT OF HER MOUTH, a 4 inch x 0.5 inches circular/band of transparent plastic; MY GOD she almost choked on it. One of the "managers" comes by about 10 minutes later, without any contrition, and says what can he do for me. {Well duh, don't put plastic in food that kids can choke on;} He blows it off and offers to remove the plate of spaghetti from the tab (of about $150+); I could care less about the tab issue, but wanted them to understand the danger of what they did. Spoke with another "manager" who is over the kitchen, and this guy was even worse saying he had no idea where that came from. {Duh, your kitchen} Was an unapologetic Ahole. Then spoke with the General manager who was somewhat better in his response but still not where I would expect it to be for such a dangerous error. We paid the full tab because I could care less for his discount. The moral of this story is that these morons have no clue on their liability; Their food is outright dangerous.

• Visited September 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Bryan, Texas
“Excellent Pizza, Service is Improving”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

I have been here a half a dozen times since it opened and have had mixed experiences. Bottom line the pizza is fantastic and the pizookies are out of this world! I had an amazing waitress one evening, one of the best I've ever had actually. She was very attentive and even brought my friend a few extra tasters when they didn't like a few of the beers in their lineup. The waitress was basically on a mission to find a beer my friend liked which was unusual from a server and greatly appreciated. I have had bad service with inattentive servers as well but generally they seem to be improving. Red velvet and Oreo pizookies are the best and everything else I've tasted on the menu is fantastic! Give this place a chance to make improvements if you've had a bad experience because the food will not disappoint! Happy Hour is Mon-Fri 3-7pm: $1 off beer and drinks, $2 off appetizers and 1/2price mini pizzas! Also reverse happy hour is Mon-Thur 9-11!

• Visited September 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Jacksonville, Texas
“Worst Service In Town!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2011

My wife and I have visited this restaurant at least a dozen times since it has opened and each and every time have been sorely disappointed in the service. The servers make many, many mistakes. For example, turning in the wrong orders, bringing out main courses before appetizers, forgetting to bring beverages when ordered, not bothering to come to see if what you ordered is really whats delivered to your table, failing to check to see if the food is cooked properly or hot enough, bad attitudes, and a multitude of other problems. When problems are brought to the attention of the servers, most ignore you or just plain forget to followup. To their credit, when the manager is brought into the picture, most problems are solved immediately. It becomes embarrassing to us, the patrons, to have to call a manager each and every time we frequent this restaurant. Maybe its the newness, or the inexperience of the serving staff, but we have observed the wait staff either has too many tables to serve,thereby providing sloppy service to all or these servers just ignore the customers request as there are too many requests to remember. Filling up a glass with water or tea should be a normal duty, but it is not here.....you have to ask......again, again, to get refills.
Tonight the server order one incorrect meal for my wife, totally left us alone while our appetizers got cold waiting for dipping sauces (that we asked for twice). He finally brought the dipping sauces but the appetizers were cold......he couldnt understand why we asked him to replace the cold appetizers and still charged us for them on the check. He totally forgot to bring my beer, had to ask over and over to refill our water and tea glasses, poured tea into my wifes salad and never offering to replace it, and last but not least, brought us another table's check. The manager finally got everything straightened out but just an ongoing example of poor serving staff attitude and attention to detail.
Food is generally good, but we have had to, on at least half our visits, had to ask to return food to kitchen as it was stone cold when it arrived at our table. This place needs to enlighten its serving staff that folks like us, that eat out very regularly, will not continue to frequent a restaurant where we have to see the manager each and every time we visit to get our food orders correct.

• Visited August 2011