“One Night” 2 of 5 stars

Special Price
Stay 3+ Nights, Save 20%
Ranked #28 of 29 hotels in College Station

191 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
College Station, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The assistant manager, Sheila, is the rudest person I’ve ever encountered and has no business in customer service.

I’m in the military and had to cancel a trip to College Station because of work obligations. I was unable to get in touch with anyone at the hotel the day before, so I contacted the national office the morning of my planned stay.

Despite the national office calling on my behalf and explaining the situation, Sheila refused to cancel my reservation and insisted I was going to be charged for that night. The customer service representative at the national office was so appalled by Sheila’s attitude, she actually told me to call my credit card company and dispute the charge.

I tried calling the hotel directly to resolve the issue and assure Sheila that I visit College Station regularly and would likely stay there in the future, but she told me she didn’t care if I ever did business with them again. When I asked to speak to a manager, she said it wouldn’t matter if I did because she makes the decisions anyway.

I don’t know how this hotel continues to operate with this kind of customer service. Avoid it at all costs.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Glen Rose, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The room had a slightly bad smell to it. The curtains did not completely block the view in the window.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Austin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Booked a room here when, literally, nothing else was available- we were in for a NSC for TAMU.. I was very skeptical because of other reviews. The motel in general, I feel,is a bit run down but I do have to say that the room was clean, bathroom was clean & beds were all right, too. There were some things that were a bit dated but everything did work. One night here was fine, it gave us a clean, decent place to sleep, shower and get on with the day ahead of us. Price was not unreasonable for last minute booking, it all worked in a pinch.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Kingwood
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

The manager was arguing with a girl around 19 who was trying to purchase a hotel room and then proceeded to complain to me about the girl and was hanging up on her mom. She should definetly not be a manger if she does not have people skills. I was very offended

• Stayed June 2014

Been to Howard Johnson Express College Station? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Howard Johnson Express College Station

Address: 3702 State Highway 6 South, College Station, TX 77845
Location: United States > Texas > College Station
Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #28 of 29 hotels in College Station
Hotel Class:2 star — Howard Johnson Express College Station 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Wyndham, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Howard Johnson Express College Station reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Howard Johnson Express College Station Hotel College Station

If you own or manage Howard Johnson Express College Station, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.