“Bad Managers service” 2 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead & Save 15%
Ranked #31 of 33 Hotels in College Station

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Arlington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Staff not accommodating. Parking very hard to get in and out of. Most cars parked sideways in lot.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Hi,

I am a student at Texas A&M, and I stayed here for a night. I was in town for my college orientation, and had the brilliant idea of spending the night here with my brothers. What a horrible experience! I was quoted a different price online, that was a great price. Once I approached the hotel, I was told that I have to pay extra because I had additional guests. Astonished, I pulled out my phone and showed them the receipt and displayed that I had booked a room for three people. The crazy old lady at the front told me that I can't stay without paying a $90 hike up price! Absurd! She was being rude, so I was rude back. She called her son/boss and told him about the situation. He talked to me on the phone and said I'd have to pay more. I refused again. I had proof of a cheap rate(my receipt) and explained that this is a legal document that I had confirmation of. He asked me to email him my receipt countless number of times. I did. What a horrible stay. This was supposed to be a great experience, but turned out to be a horrible one. I would definitely not recommend this hotel for families or students. Will never visit this place again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Got quoted a price online of $49, called and was told it was $69. The man on the phone said they would go ahead and honor it after we asked if it was pet friendly. NOW we know why. He said,"Yes, with a $20 per night DEPOSIT. Our credit card was charged $155 for two nights, upon CHECK IN. Went to check out and was told it was a "fee" not a deposit. Huge dead roach on the floor, spider in the bed. Internet didn't work.

• Stayed July 2013
Victoria, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

My husband , son and I stayed her July 16 2013 when I went to check in after already making reservations and not no where did it say you had to pay for and extra person when the lady printed out my reservation I ask why cause it said 3 . Stacy the night manager was called by the employee trying to ask what to do. Employee told her I wanted to talk to her when she came on at 11 pm. Wow to my surprise she never got in touch with me. The place looked like it stepped out of the 60's room smelled molded. I had to end up paying extra for the 3 rd person I had on my reservations. Night manage Stacy isn't much of a manager if she can't get with her visitors that stay with her. i I would not recommend this place to anyone. I also had spiders in my room. Please don't book your stay here one unfriendly place and NASTY SMELLY. Wish I could give it a ZERO RATING.

Room Tip: There is no good rooms here run run DO NOT STAY HERE AWFUL!
Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Howard Johnson Express College Station? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Howard Johnson Express College Station

Address: 3702 State Highway 6 South, College Station, TX 77845
Location: United States > Texas > College Station
Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #31 of 33 Hotels in College Station
Hotel Class:2 star — Howard Johnson Express College Station 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Wyndham, EasyToBook, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Howard Johnson Express College Station reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Howard Johnson Express College Station Hotel College Station

If you own or manage Howard Johnson Express College Station, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.