“A little piece of Paradise...” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1500 George Bush Drive East, College Station, TX 77840   |
Ranked #8 of 33 Hotels in College Station
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Levelland, Texas
“A little piece of Paradise...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

Don't be fooled by the rather plain exterior of this hotel. Step into the foyer and get a glimpse of how paradise must be. There are fountains, beautiful topiaries, flowers and foliage with plenty of places to sit and relax. There's also a nice pool which I didn't get to enjoy. The room was quiet and very comfortable. I enjoyed the amenities and nice personal touches and especially the bathtub w/ the rain shower-head. The hotel serves a breakfast in the A.M. and wines, chips, dips, and even a little desert in the evenings. Along with the good reviews I read, the price was the strongest selling point for me. This hotel was cheaper than the host hotel for my school! If I have the opportunity to visit college station again, this is the place I will stay.

Room Tip: ...stayed by the office...very quiet
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Pittsburgh, Pa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2012

Comfortable rooms with a full size refridgerator and dishwasher. Rooms had glassware, plates and silverware. They even gave us complimentary popcorn. The outside courtyard was nice and a great place to sit. My only minor complaints were no Wi-fi and the breakfast area only had room for about 6 people to eat. Breakfast was basically cereal, bagels, and fruit.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Denver, CO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

I stayed here three nights and was very pleased with the property. My one-bedroom suite had a full and fully-equipped kitchen, a nice size bath, and a wonderful bed with a fluffy duvet. The rooms are on the small side, which is fine for a single or a couple but could be a bit problematic if you are traveling with children. No closet but a charming old-fashioned armoire, fine as long as you don't need to hang up a dress. The rooms open directly onto an outdoor walkway, which means there are folks walking past your windows and reduces your privacy a little. The courtyard around which the rooms are located is lovely, even in early March, and the hotel serves complimentary wine and snacks each evening. (I fix my own breakfast and so can't comment on the morning food offerings.)

The price was right, too, for such a nice set of rooms. My measure is always whether or not I would stay at a property again, and I can say for sure that Vineyard Court would be my go-to hotel if I ever find myself in College Station in the future.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the second floor in the center between stairways to minimize people walking past yo...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2012

We spent one night here while visiting the George Bush Presidential Library and enjoyed the accomodations. There is a nice, landscaped courtyard which would have been very pleasant to enjoy in warmer weather. The room is equiped with a kitchenette and a small sitting area. The bathroom is also of good size. A complaint might be that the only hanging space was an armoir within the bathroom, not the most convenient. We ate the included continental breakfast, which had many pastries to choose from, fruit, cereal, coffee and juice. A complaint would be there were few places to eat it; maybe people take things to the room? There were only 2 cafe tables. Overall, a pleasant experience, reasonably priced.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Legue City, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

The Vineyard Court is just off Highway 6 business with lots of restaurants and stores, very convenient to Texas A&M. My daughter and I spent one night while visiting A&M for a college visit. We had a double which included a small living room with couch and chair plus TV and a kitchen area with fridge, sink, etc. which we didn't get to use. It was very clean and had all the necessities. It's not fancy, but the price is right. Also, the courtyard area is very nice with a pool, garden, and seating areas. I would definitely recommend this especially is you want more space than just a hotel room.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2011

We were pleasantly surprised by this little hotel. We were in the area for one night and decided to try something different. The room is nice - basically a little living room, kitchenette and a bedroom with a door. We really liked the bathroom, and having a sleeper sofa was great for our son. It has a more charm than your typical cookie cutter hotel.

It is in a odd location and its easy to miss the entrance the first time. As another reviewer said - It's not impressive from the outside but the courtyard and rooms are very nice.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Slippery Rock, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

We really enjoyed our stay at the Vineyard Court. We were here while Texas A & M was on break--so I think only about 1/2 dozen of the rooms were occupied, but, given the small size of the hotel, I'm sure it would be fine even when filled to capacity. The rooms surround a beautifully landscaped courtyard--a welcome oasis from the rather dry and dusty community outside. The pool was small, but clean. Our two-room suite, while admittedly cozy, was just what my husband and I needed. We had a working kitchen, with full-size frig, microwave, dishwasher, and two burner stove. In the same room was a sitting area with a couch, breakfast bar, and tv. The bedroom was snug, but the bed was comfortable. The bathroom was nicely appointed. Breakfast, which could be eaten in the breakfast room or in the courtyard, was sparse, but perhaps that was because there were so few of us in residence. We supplemented it with some food we kept in our suite. The hotel is close to some shopping and some restaurants. In cooler weather you could certainly walk to the university. We were doing research at the Bush Library, which was only a short drive away. I would absolutely stay in this hotel again if I returned to College Station. One note: the desk is not staffed 24 hours--if you need anything, be sure to check early in the evening.

Room Tip: We liked our second floor room--but beware that there is no elevator.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business

Been to Vineyard Court Designer Suites Hotel? Share your experiences!