“absolutely dreadful” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 College Station - Bryan

Save Saved
You added Motel 6 College Station - Bryan to your Saves list
Motel 6 College Station - Bryan
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2327 Texas Avenue South, Business S.R. 6 at Brentwood Drive, College Station, TX 77840   |
Ranked #26 of 29 Hotels in College Station
mexico
“absolutely dreadful”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2009

Probably the worst accomodation I have ever seen in my life-anybody who stays here has a hygene problem

Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Irving, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2009

We found the Motel 6 in College Station satisfactory in most respects. Room was neat and clean, especially bath facilities. Space was a little cramped for the two beds. The grounds were immaculately maintained-grass neatly trimmed as well as shrubs and trees....lots of shade . The pool was also clean and in fairly good condition except for a lot of floating dead ants...OK after I skimmed them out of the pool. Very convenient location for visiting Bush Presidential Museum (about 20 minutes drive) and A&M Campus (about 10 to 15 minutes). Large selection of stores and shops in particular fast food restaurants across the street and within one block of the motel.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Clear Lake, TX
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2007

My husband, my 9 month old son and myself were to stay 2 nights at this location, but only stayed for one becasue the conditions were so unsanitary. When we originally checked in, all seemed well. But as soon as night fell, that's when it got bad. I stepped out of the shower only to discover 3 roaches crawling on the bathroom floor. There were also roaches on the carpet as well. The water from the sink and the shower reeked of chlorine. The floors were moldy. The bed sheets hadn't been changed in between guests (there was a sock in between the sheets and male body hair all over the inside of the blankets and on the pillow cases). The ice bucket was filthy. I wouldn't let me son on the floor to crawl at all. Management would not refund our money since the rooms "are as-is". Do NOT stay here unless you want the classic roach motel with mold and filth.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Austin, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2007

I must say I found the Motel 6 in College Station WAY exceeded my expectations! I traveled with a fellow dad and our children. We were in town for Midnight Yell Practice and a football game the following day. When I got into the room, I was so blown away by how clean it was, I called my wife and told her the bathroom was so clean you could "eat off the floor!" The entire property was surprisingly clean and well maintained. Nice landscaping around the pool, and the pool was pristine. The kids LOVED swimming at it and the furniture around it was all nice as well (included shade umbrellas).

The rooms are not very big, but when all we wanted was a place to sleep, we found ourselves very pleasantly surprised.

This review would not be complete if I didn't also call attention to the EXTREMELY nice, friendly, and accomodating help in the lobby. We needed some extra towels and a blanket and they were quite happy to oblige. After checking out we realized my daughter had left her little stuffed tiger behind. I called from the car, spoke to Nick who quickly verified they had found the tiger, and he let me know they would send it to me for FREE as part of their normal "customer service." Now, I paid a rock bottom price of $75 for a hotel room minutes from Kyle Field during football season so I expected a bed, lots of bugs and smells and bad attitudes. Instead I got a spotlessly clean room, a clean bathroom with a hot shower, warm and friendly help, a pretty pool set in clean, well kept grounds, and perhaps best of all, the Aggies won!

I highly recommend MORE people discover this great value and convenience right smack dab in the middle of College Station!

• Liked — How surprisingly clean it was for the price I paid for it.
  • Disliked — Lack of drawers in the furnishings.
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Motel 6 College Station - Bryan? Share your experiences!