“Update on my previous review” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 College Station - Bryan

San Antonio, Texas
“Update on my previous review”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

Last time I stayed at the Motel 6 in College Station, I was pleasantly surprised by both the service and the accommodations. This time around, I was sorely disappointed. The bathroom was the major source of my discontent: the shower sprayed water EVERYWHERE, there was mold on the walls and I found a giant cockroach. I can deal with those types of things separately, but when you put them all together, it just makes for a terrible experience. On the plus side, the water pressure was top notch. And though the front desk clerk was a bit unhelpful when we requested a $50 credit, she eventually came through. I just feel that if you're going to charge $100+ a night for a room, you better provide some sort of wow experience even if you are a Motel 6! My sister-in-law has since graduated A&M, so we likely won't have a reason to return to College Station anytime soon. For that, I'm pretty thankful.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
south
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2011

Have stayed at Motel 6s in the past with reasonably positive experiences considering the price paid. Have usually found the rooms minimal but clean and the service acceptable - i.e you get a clean room to sleep in.

The college Station Motel 6 seems to be an exception however. Although the desk service was cheerful/efficient, the room itself was extraordinarily noisy. Toilet was leaking water all night and the air conditioner was exremely noisy and had to be shut off. Strange, cyclic mechanical noise throughout the night.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
North Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2011

This motel is definitely a cheap one. If you are only looking for a place to put your things and crash-not get a good nights sleep-then this is the place!

My husband & I came to College Station for a wedding. Apparently there was another event going on the same weekend, and this motel was the only place available. I did some research online & decided to book for 2 nights. The man I talked to on the phone didn't require a credit card, so that was a plus. There is supposedly a restaurant with the motel, but I didn't see one!

We checked in, and walked in our room only to find the beds completely pushed up against the walls! One bed was literally 2 INCHES from the a/c unit (which you know is directly under the window) and the second bed was pushed up against the wall. The microwave didn't look like it belonged to the motel, the bath tub held about 3 inches of water whenever we ran the shower. Speaking of which, the shower head pushes out the water extremely hard, I would not recommend a pregnant woman to use the shower! We only got 1 wash rag, and it had long black hair tangled in it. For the record, I am a light brown/blonde, and my husband doesn't have long hair!

The beds were hard as rock, pillows were flat, and blankets were thin. There was a lot of noise outside, including people talking, stomping around, and some type of machines running early in the morning...think like a welding machine or power washer.
I've had my fair share of lousy motels from past trips, but this one was pretty bad. I will never stay in a Motel 6 again! The only upside to this motel was that it is right down the street from shops and restaurants.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2010

When hubby first suggested Motel 6, I balked. I remembered dank and smelly rooms in trips past and absolutely refused to endure that again. However, when I saw pictures of the remodel that this location had gone thru, I decided to give it a shot. Plus, it beat paying $109 at the Knight's Inn, which based on reviews is a terrible place to stay. We paid a little under $60 for the night. We booked at the last minute on a very popular weekend (seriously, there were only 5 hotels to choose from by the time we decided to make the trek to College Station). Upon arrival, the lady at the front desk greeted me warmly and even allowed me to make a change to my reservation without any sort of snide or snarky comments that I tend to expect from front desks nowadays. My jaw nearly fell off when I saw how well they had remodeled the room. It was like staying at a boutique hotel! Everything was clean, the shower head had a nice flow, the bed was comfy and I slept like a log (so did hubby). The TV was a flatscreen and had a variety of channels. The only complaint I could possibly think of is that the towels were a little small. But considering the price, the nice upgrades and the location, I can make do. This was definitely one of the best lodging experiences of my life!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Dallas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2010

The front office staff overcharged my card by $500 for rooms I never booked.

Front office staff claimed I booked extra rooms and when I tried to get their corporate office to reverse the charges, they only agreed to reverse some, not all (even though I never booked these rooms). Never again will I ever consider staying in a motel 6. The rooms were horrendous, and the staff was worse. I wish I could give this hotel chain a rating that is worse than terrible.

Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2009

Probably the worst accomodation I have ever seen in my life-anybody who stays here has a hygene problem

Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
Irving, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2009

We found the Motel 6 in College Station satisfactory in most respects. Room was neat and clean, especially bath facilities. Space was a little cramped for the two beds. The grounds were immaculately maintained-grass neatly trimmed as well as shrubs and trees....lots of shade . The pool was also clean and in fairly good condition except for a lot of floating dead ants...OK after I skimmed them out of the pool. Very convenient location for visiting Bush Presidential Museum (about 20 minutes drive) and A&M Campus (about 10 to 15 minutes). Large selection of stores and shops in particular fast food restaurants across the street and within one block of the motel.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family

Been to Motel 6 College Station - Bryan? Share your experiences!