“Definitely a $45.99/night motel” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 College Station - Bryan

You added Motel 6 College Station - Bryan to your Saves list
Motel 6 College Station - Bryan
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2327 Texas Avenue South, Business S.R. 6 at Brentwood Drive, College Station, TX 77840   |
Ranked #27 of 30 Hotels in College Station
North Texas
“Definitely a $45.99/night motel”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2011

This motel is definitely a cheap one. If you are only looking for a place to put your things and crash-not get a good nights sleep-then this is the place!

My husband & I came to College Station for a wedding. Apparently there was another event going on the same weekend, and this motel was the only place available. I did some research online & decided to book for 2 nights. The man I talked to on the phone didn't require a credit card, so that was a plus. There is supposedly a restaurant with the motel, but I didn't see one!

We checked in, and walked in our room only to find the beds completely pushed up against the walls! One bed was literally 2 INCHES from the a/c unit (which you know is directly under the window) and the second bed was pushed up against the wall. The microwave didn't look like it belonged to the motel, the bath tub held about 3 inches of water whenever we ran the shower. Speaking of which, the shower head pushes out the water extremely hard, I would not recommend a pregnant woman to use the shower! We only got 1 wash rag, and it had long black hair tangled in it. For the record, I am a light brown/blonde, and my husband doesn't have long hair!

The beds were hard as rock, pillows were flat, and blankets were thin. There was a lot of noise outside, including people talking, stomping around, and some type of machines running early in the morning...think like a welding machine or power washer.
I've had my fair share of lousy motels from past trips, but this one was pretty bad. I will never stay in a Motel 6 again! The only upside to this motel was that it is right down the street from shops and restaurants.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2010

When hubby first suggested Motel 6, I balked. I remembered dank and smelly rooms in trips past and absolutely refused to endure that again. However, when I saw pictures of the remodel that this location had gone thru, I decided to give it a shot. Plus, it beat paying $109 at the Knight's Inn, which based on reviews is a terrible place to stay. We paid a little under $60 for the night. We booked at the last minute on a very popular weekend (seriously, there were only 5 hotels to choose from by the time we decided to make the trek to College Station). Upon arrival, the lady at the front desk greeted me warmly and even allowed me to make a change to my reservation without any sort of snide or snarky comments that I tend to expect from front desks nowadays. My jaw nearly fell off when I saw how well they had remodeled the room. It was like staying at a boutique hotel! Everything was clean, the shower head had a nice flow, the bed was comfy and I slept like a log (so did hubby). The TV was a flatscreen and had a variety of channels. The only complaint I could possibly think of is that the towels were a little small. But considering the price, the nice upgrades and the location, I can make do. This was definitely one of the best lodging experiences of my life!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Dallas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2010

The front office staff overcharged my card by $500 for rooms I never booked.

Front office staff claimed I booked extra rooms and when I tried to get their corporate office to reverse the charges, they only agreed to reverse some, not all (even though I never booked these rooms). Never again will I ever consider staying in a motel 6. The rooms were horrendous, and the staff was worse. I wish I could give this hotel chain a rating that is worse than terrible.

Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2009

Probably the worst accomodation I have ever seen in my life-anybody who stays here has a hygene problem

Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
Irving, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2009

We found the Motel 6 in College Station satisfactory in most respects. Room was neat and clean, especially bath facilities. Space was a little cramped for the two beds. The grounds were immaculately maintained-grass neatly trimmed as well as shrubs and trees....lots of shade . The pool was also clean and in fairly good condition except for a lot of floating dead ants...OK after I skimmed them out of the pool. Very convenient location for visiting Bush Presidential Museum (about 20 minutes drive) and A&M Campus (about 10 to 15 minutes). Large selection of stores and shops in particular fast food restaurants across the street and within one block of the motel.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Clear Lake, TX
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2007

My husband, my 9 month old son and myself were to stay 2 nights at this location, but only stayed for one becasue the conditions were so unsanitary. When we originally checked in, all seemed well. But as soon as night fell, that's when it got bad. I stepped out of the shower only to discover 3 roaches crawling on the bathroom floor. There were also roaches on the carpet as well. The water from the sink and the shower reeked of chlorine. The floors were moldy. The bed sheets hadn't been changed in between guests (there was a sock in between the sheets and male body hair all over the inside of the blankets and on the pillow cases). The ice bucket was filthy. I wouldn't let me son on the floor to crawl at all. Management would not refund our money since the rooms "are as-is". Do NOT stay here unless you want the classic roach motel with mold and filth.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Austin, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2007

I must say I found the Motel 6 in College Station WAY exceeded my expectations! I traveled with a fellow dad and our children. We were in town for Midnight Yell Practice and a football game the following day. When I got into the room, I was so blown away by how clean it was, I called my wife and told her the bathroom was so clean you could "eat off the floor!" The entire property was surprisingly clean and well maintained. Nice landscaping around the pool, and the pool was pristine. The kids LOVED swimming at it and the furniture around it was all nice as well (included shade umbrellas).

The rooms are not very big, but when all we wanted was a place to sleep, we found ourselves very pleasantly surprised.

This review would not be complete if I didn't also call attention to the EXTREMELY nice, friendly, and accomodating help in the lobby. We needed some extra towels and a blanket and they were quite happy to oblige. After checking out we realized my daughter had left her little stuffed tiger behind. I called from the car, spoke to Nick who quickly verified they had found the tiger, and he let me know they would send it to me for FREE as part of their normal "customer service." Now, I paid a rock bottom price of $75 for a hotel room minutes from Kyle Field during football season so I expected a bed, lots of bugs and smells and bad attitudes. Instead I got a spotlessly clean room, a clean bathroom with a hot shower, warm and friendly help, a pretty pool set in clean, well kept grounds, and perhaps best of all, the Aggies won!

I highly recommend MORE people discover this great value and convenience right smack dab in the middle of College Station!

• Liked — How surprisingly clean it was for the price I paid for it.
  • Disliked — Lack of drawers in the furnishings.
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Motel 6 College Station - Bryan? Share your experiences!