“The friendly staff kept me coming back” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Bryan College Station

You added Courtyard Bryan College Station to your Saves list
Courtyard Bryan College Station
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3939 State Highway 6, Frontage Road E, College Station, TX 77845   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Save 15% This Summer!
Ranked #18 of 33 Hotels in College Station
Arvada, Colorado
“The friendly staff kept me coming back”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I stayed at the Courtyard for 1 year whilst on a project for business. The hotel is average as are the rooms; basically, your average Courtyard. What kept me returning to the hotel was the staff. When you stay at a hotel 4 days a week having a hotel staff greet you by name and respect you means a lot.

The rooms were average, some of them could use a thorough cleaning. The vanity area in the rooms is a little small but usable. This hotel gets a lot of groups staying there, from sports teams, business meetings/conferences, firemen training and the like. Having said that I only had to call the desk one time for noise no matter where my room was located. A bit surprising I'd say.

The fitness room is very small with only 2 treadmills and 1 elliptical machine. There are some free weights and they added a couple exercise balls and bands towards the end of my stay. Fitness amenities are important to me but I dealt with this setup, again because of the service.

I did not take advantage of the bistro so I cannot comment on this. The wifi was always reliable. The location is close the highway which was a plus for me. There is a little strip in front of the hotel with a few restaurants, one of which is a great Italian place. There is a Starbucks in that same parking lot. All within 5 minutes walk. Across the highway there are more choices for food and a large Kroger.

The room rate was a bit pricey on many occasions (especially since breakfast is no longer complimentary and there is no light evening appetizer and beverage service) but a lot of the time I received a very discounted corporate rate so that was a benefit.

Overall, I would stay here again due to service and location to restaurants I was interested in and the proximity to the highway since the office was 20 miles south. If you are interested in being in the city center or near the A & M campus this hotel is not the best choice.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled on business

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Stayed for 5 days while attending training. Staff was super friendly from the time I booked and even after departure when I needed copies of receipts. Comfortable lobby and nicely stocked bar Thanks Sylena and crew for a trouble free stay.

Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I was so disappointed. Attitudes and laziness. Staying elsewhere when I come in next week.
Need to replace staff. Housekeeping the worst.
Went to Bistro to get something to eat very slow in making sandwich. Out of drinks had to buy from their (market) which was out of this world expensive$$&&&
Sheets on bed felt dirty when asked housekeeping to change sheets she acted as if she did not understand so I told her in Spanish and she said that she could not change them.
I will not be staying with them ever !!!!

Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
Marissa M, General Manager at Courtyard Bryan College Station, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
I cannot begin this response without expressing my absolute embarrassment at the experience you had while staying at my hotel. The experience you described is so far away from anything that I am proud to represent that I only feel frustrated that myself and my staff allowed this to happen. Our sole purpose is to alleviate stress from the difficulties of travel, not add to your burden! It seems that in every aspect of service that we failed you. I absolutely do not want to lose your future business and am committed to taking action to win back your loyalty. I truly appreciate you opening my eyes to some significant training opportunities and hope that you will do me the additional favor of providing some additional details about your experience so that I can target my efforts strategically. Any additional feedback that you can provide is greatly appreciated and I would love the opportunity to speak with you directly to express both my sincere apology as well as my efforts to try and re-gain your business and loyalty. I apologize that you had to go through such an underwhelming experience and ask for the opportunity to try and make up for such a disappointing stay. You can contact me directly at: marissa.carlin@marriott.com or by phone at 979-695-8111.

Once again, on behalf of my entire staff, I apologize for your experience and I truly look forward to speaking with you soon.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Booked this room online for a one-night say. For the price of $140 I expected a little better. The room wasn't dirty but didn't feel clean either. I noticed several mildew stains and found a hair on the clean towels. The bathtub/hot tub next to the bed felt a little cheap to me. Small TV but we were there mostly to sleep so it wasn't a big issues for us. The ac unit was set at 68 when we entered the room but it felt very warm (and I'm a warm natured person). I turned the unit down a few degrees and it was manageable thoughout the night but if it had been a hot Texas summer day there is no way it would've been comfortable. However, the staff was super friendly at check in and out. I would stay if there was nothing else available but it wouldn't be my first choice.

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Marissa M, General Manager at Courtyard Bryan College Station, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear Valued Guest,

Firstly, thank you for taking the time to provide a review of your stay with us! I truly value any insight into what we can do to enhance the experience of our guests. Your suggestions are critical to the continuous improvement of my operation. I assure you, your feedback is not falling on deaf ears! I have forwarded your suggestions to our ownership group and corporate office to hopefully replace some of our guest room amenities. I truly value your business as well as your Marriott loyalty and if there is any better way that I can serve you, please feel free to contact me either via e-mail at: Marissa.Carlin@marriott.com or by phone at 979-695-8111.

Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2015

This property is a generic Courtyard. It was clean, the staff were friendly and the property is newish. Our room was next to a stairway which made it noisy. Also, the A/C unit made loud vibrating sounds when the compressor came on. The cycling of the compressor made for a less than optimal nights sleep.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is close to a stairway. People using the stairways can cause a lot of noise.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Marissa M, General Manager at Courtyard Bryan College Station, responded to this review, April 23, 2015
Dear Valued Guest,

I appreciate you taking the time to provide some feedback about your stay! I am disappointed however that some of the noise issues (both the guests using the stairs as well as the AC unit) contributed towards a less than exemplary stay. We strive to build brand and property loyalty by exceeding expectations and it seems that we have opportunity to grow in this area! Once again, I truly appreciate your feedback as it is vital to the continuous improvement of my operation!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2015

We booked this hotel for a last minute baseball tournament. The location to the tournament was great. There were a couple of other teams there and the noise level was fine. The front desk staff was very friendly on arrival.

The room itself was average at best. The towels and wash cloths were thread bare and rough. Something you might wash a car with. We were only there for one night, so maybe the replacement towels would have been better?

They do not offer complimentary breakfast. The bistro is available, but seemed expensive and very slow, so we went up the road to Whataburger for breakfast. The area is nice and has a lot of restaurant options. There is a strip center in front of the hotel that has several small restaurants including a Honey Baked Ham store.

Not sure if we would stay there again for $150/night

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Marissa M, General Manager at Courtyard Bryan College Station, responded to this review, March 23, 2015
I appreciate your feedback about your recent stay! Thank you for the opportunity to identify some areas of concern so that we can more diligently focus our efforts towards improving these areas. I completely agree that towels should be warm and comfortable... that is one of the best perks of staying in a hotel! I am reviewing our terry currently to remove any towels that have outlived their useful life. Unfortunately, as a Courtyard brand hotel we are no longer able to offer the complimentary buffet option, but if breakfast is a must for you and your family we do offer breakfast packages which include breakfast for 4.

Once again, thank you for your recent business and if there is any better way that I can serve you, in order to secure your future business, please let me know!

marissa.carlin@marriott.com
979-695-8111
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2015

Stayed here for two nights. Front staff was friendly. Room was ok. Large stain on the carpet and no guide for tv channels. Took about 20 minutes of click wait, click wait to figure out what channels were where. Shampoo bottle was only about 1/2 full. No comp breakfast. Colleague went down to "restaurant" for coffee, approached counter where two workers were talking. He started to order and had one of the individuals tell him "we aren't open yet". It was 6:58, they open at 7:00. They continued their conversation and at 7:00 they stopped, one went to the back, the other turned on the lights and then proceeded to ignore my colleague while doing meaningless tasks. He was so annoyed he just left. Marriott needs to have a serious conversation with their "restaurant" staff.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Marissa M, General Manager at Courtyard Bryan College Station, responded to this review, March 16, 2015
Dear Valued Guest,

First, let me be extremely forthcoming in my genuine apology for the standards you experienced while staying at our hotel. What you described is not the example we strive to provide and is certainly not something I am proud to represent. I appreciate your honesty and forthcoming as it allows me the opportunity to address the issues you mentioned and prevent any future reoccurences. Again, I truly appreciate you sharing your experience. If there is any better way that I can serve you, or your colleague, please feel free to contact me.

marissa.carlin@marriott.com
979-695-8111

Been to Courtyard Bryan College Station? Share your experiences!