“Inconsistent messages from staff” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Bryan College Station

You added Courtyard Bryan College Station to your Saves list
Courtyard Bryan College Station
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3939 State Highway 6, Frontage Road E, College Station, TX 77845   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Stay for Breakfast!
Ranked #11 of 32 Hotels in College Station
Lomira, Wisconsin
“Inconsistent messages from staff”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

First time here - I started with calling the shuttle and it came promptly - but it only runs till 10 pm so got lucky that my flight arrived in time to call for the ride. That driver said the shuttle would take me to TAMU campus if I was going there for business, the next morning, one staff member said no and another said yes, they could take me. On Saturday and Sunday, the person who does the driving didn't come in till 8"30 and then it was unclear if that was an option or not so I spent $23 on a cab to go to campus. It was not clear if I could get the driver to get me to the airport in time for a 10 am flight out with an 8:30 arrival and no promise of assured transportation - kinda gotta know the ropes before you find out you are going to be too late to get your flight! The breakfast food line was very slow. The beer selection was better in the canteen than it was in the food service area, which closed at 10 pm so no prepared food was ready, only frozen meals in the canteen. good news is on aggiefood.com, I could get food delivered from several restaurants until 2:30 am for only $2.75 delivery fee. The staff was nice, the rooms and lobby was nice, but not quite as consistent as I would think a chain hotel would be.

Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Marissa M, General Manager at Courtyard Bryan College Station, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Valued Guest,

Firstly, let me express my sincere apologies for the mixed messages that you received during your time at our hotel. You are correct in stating that we should communicate a consistent message to you, and all of our guests!

I take full responsibility for the slow service you received in the Bistro and I do remember speaking with you when I jumped in to help out since I saw that the line was backed up. Unfortunately, it appears that I was not quick enough to speed up the service, and once again, my apologies that we kept you waiting. Additionally, I did want to clarify that our shuttle does only run to and from the airports, but because of the miscommunication by the shuttle driver on the night of your arrival, I did feel it necessary to make an exception to take you to campus. I can certainly understand that reliable transportation is a high priority in the life of a business traveler, and I am embarrassed that we were not able to clearly communicate our shuttle hours and/or policy.

I truly value your business as well as your Marriott loyalty and would love the opportunity to host you again in the future. If I can be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly!

Yours in Hospitality,

Marissa

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Dallas, Texas, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Apparently, they either don't check the preferences of Platinum elites or they just ignore them. I had my wife check into this hotel as she arrived several hours before me. My profile states "high floor", I've never had any Marriott property put me on the first floor...except for this one. They didn't offer any reason or explanation...just gave her the keys. I can understand that things happen and sometimes rooms might not be available but, again, no one offered any explanation. Second disappointment was the room itself. Seems like this is an old Hotel. No thermostat in the room, just the old, crude wall units with a "warm to cold" rheostat. Finally, I haven't been in a hotel in quite some time that had less power outlets then this one. No convenient outlet by the bed to plug in a phone charger...I had to pull out the bedside table and unplug the alarm clock.

Stayed February 2015
Marissa M, General Manager at Courtyard Bryan College Station, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Valued Guest,

Firstly, I want to thank you for your willingness to provide feedback about your recent stay at our property. Direct Guest Feedback, especially from our most loyal and valued guests like yourself, is the most vital component of continually improving both my customer service as well as my overall operation.

Secondly, let me express both my frustation and embarrassment that the inconveniences you experienced even occured. We are here to help take stress away from your travels, not add to your burden! It is clearly apparent that in this regard, on your recent stay, we've failed you. There is absolutely no excuse for the service you received upon check-in, particularly if there was a reason that your requests would not be honored. I truly apologize that these inconveniences caused a disruption during your stay.

Finally, I want to ensure you that your concerns about our physical product challenges, with the outlets and AC units, are both heard and understood. We will be updating our AC units within the next 6 months, and a remodel is also scheduled to occur within the current year. Again, I truly appreciate your feedback, as it is vital to be able to make a case for our hotel to receive upgraded amenities and therefore enhance your experience!

I truly hope that you will consider staying with us again in the future, and if there is any way that I can be of better service to you, please let me know as I am always here to help!

Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I stayed here on a trip to visit some family in the area. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and nicely made. The beds were exceedingly comfortable as well. Loved the small fitness center too -- never busy. Would definitely stay here again upon a trip to the area.

Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your kind words about your recent stay at our property! We take great pride in the accomodations and service we strive to provide to our guests and I truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience! We look forward to hosting you during your next trip to College Station, and once again, THANKS!

NV
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Conveniently located right off Hwy 6, but far enough from the hwy to still be quiet. Staff was very helpful, room was nice & beds were comfortable. Wasn't here long enough to experience much else, but enjoyed the 8hrs we had.

Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Thank you for your kind words and feedback! We look forward to serving you in the future and hopefully we get the opportunity to host you for a longer period of time! We fully embrace the "spirit to serve" of the hospitality industry and are committed to providing you, and all of our guests, with exceptional service and accomodations, regardless of your length of stay. Again, thank you for taking the time to write a review, we appreciate you!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Nice room with 2 double beds. Beds were very comfy. It was strange that the only mirror was in front of the sink. This room had the toilet and short in a room with sink outside of that room. We had multiple girls in a room, which was difficult getting ready with only 1 mirror.
Other than that, great room.

Stayed January 2015, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2015

Consistent with other Courtyard Marriott hotels. The lobby is perhaps a little nicer and larger than other courtyard hotels. Our room was good sized. The front desk was helpful. They have a small but decent workout room with 2 treadmills, free weights and a elliptical machine. They sell breakfast including Starbucks coffee. They only sell it until 9:30 so don't sleep too late. You are right next to a Starbucks also.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2014 via mobile

This courtyard is located close to a few restaurants and more are about 10 minutes away. The only suggestion I have is that they upgrade the A/C and get fans in the shower area. Also,please get an ATM machine. The staff was great and rooms were nice and big. The Bistro staff was outstanding. I ordered a coffee and they found me talking on the phone and gave me my coffee.

Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Been to Courtyard Bryan College Station? Share your experiences!