“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Bryan College Station

Save Saved
You added Courtyard Bryan College Station to your Saves list
Courtyard Bryan College Station
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3939 State Highway 6, Frontage Road E, College Station, TX 77845   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #12 of 28 hotels in College Station

13 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
md
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

Not sure what the complaints are about with this hotel being old or in bad shape. To my knowledge I was not in a renovated room, yet the wall colors were the modern color scheme Marriott uses, carpet in good shape, and bathroom did not look worn out. There was a marble surround at the sink and small counter space, instead of the slab of marble at newer properties, but come on, you spend maybe 5 minutes there between morning and night. I've stayed at 3 properties now in CS and typically stay on University Drive. The noisy end of town where being awoken by trucks revving their mufflers at 11 pm or midnite on a weekend is not uncommon. This was quiet, not overrun by sports teams, and yet still easy to get to Penberthy Fields. Would highly recommend. A bonus - the market in the lobby where I could easily grab some chicken noodle soup for my 12 yo on a cold day, microwave it, and give her the energy to go on between games. So nice not to have to hit up the grocery store for in between meal healthy snax.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Mindy W, General Manager at Courtyard Bryan College Station, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Thank you for the feedback! We are so glad you enjoyed your visit! Look forward to seeing you soon!
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

This hotel will not disappoint you! When my husband and I arrived we were greeted by a very friendly and efficient young woman named Allyson. She checked us in quickly with no problems. In fact, we ask for a handicap room since my husband had had knee surgery recently. We asked questions about the room to see if it would fit our needs. Allyson was knowledgeable and answered our questions with ease. The lobby was brightly colored and extremely modern. There is a small cafe and bar in the lobby. This is where they serve breakfast and drinks. Our room was large and spotless. The bed was king-size and very comfortable with 6 pillows. There was a small refrigerator in the room. The bathtub was spacious and had a sprayer that you could take down and hold. The thing that we liked the best was that we had a balcony that looked out over the pool and the hotel was extremely quiet. We went down to the bar at around 7:30 pm and had a drink. Victor took great care in getting our drinks made correctly. He was mannerly and polite and we really appreciated his help! We bid for this hotel on Priceline.com. The price we got for our room was excellent! There is a Starbucks and a Honey Ham Sandwich Shop within walking distance of the hotel. If you are going to Texas A&M for any activities or events, this would be the perfect place to stay. You will have to drive about 3 miles to get there, but it is very well marked and the hightway runs close to the hotel. We are hoping to stay at this Courtyard in College Station again sometime soon! These are the types of gems that we like to find!!

Room Tip: We liked the 3rd floor because it looked out over the pool and the back of the building.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Mindy W, General Manager at Courtyard Bryan College Station, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay at the Courtyard by Marriott College Station! We look forward to seeing you again in the near future!
Austin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

This was probably our 8th stay in this hotel. Rooms are like all other Courtyards. It is a way out of town, but the freeway gets you in in a very short time. Plenty of shops for whatever you need 3 blocks away. We have stayed at all of the Marriotts in College Station, and this is the best deal for the price.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Mindy W, General Manager at Courtyard Bryan College Station, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review on your recent stay! We are so glad you enjoyed your recent stay!
Los Angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

I have been a Marriott Rewards member for many years and this Courtyard is one of the reasons I continue to stay at Marriott properties. This hotel is conveniently located right of the local highway (although my GPS had a difficult time directing me to the exact spot). I was in town for one night for my company. Everyone is very professional & helpful. It is also a short 10 minute drive over to Texas A&M University and the George Bush (Sr) Library.

I left my prescription glasses in my room and didn't realize until later that night when I was already 90 minutes south in Houston at my next location. I was leaving the next morning to go back home to Los Angeles. Due to some strange phone situation, the hotel was not receiving incoming calls from outside for about 12 hours. I sent an email to Mindy Wilson, the General Manager, and she made sure that my glasses were Fedex'd overnite, so I only went 1 night without them. This is the kind of extra attention that keeps me coming back to Marriott.

I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Mindy W, General Manager at Courtyard Bryan College Station, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Thanks so much for your response on your recent stay! We are delighted to have you as a guest and hope to see you again soon!
South Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

We needed one night in the area to move our son into his dorm at TAMU. It was graduation weekend so we were lucky to get a room! This property is a bit out of the way and hard to find and in need of a room upgrade. To its credit, the lobby is newly remodeled.

The king room was fine for one night, but very small. When the sleeper sofa was pulled out, there was not much space left. The vanity area in the bathroom was small, too. The furnishing were clean, but showing signs of wear. The bed was comfortable and the room was surprisingly quiet for a sold out hotel!

The hotel served our purpose, but I only gave it an average rating because it is average compared to the new or newly remodeled Courtyard properties.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Mindy W, General Manager at Courtyard Bryan College Station, responded to this review, October 19, 2013
Thank you for completing the Trip Advisor Survey! We are delighted you enjoyed your stay at the Courtyard by Marriott College Station! We look forward to seeing you again soon!
San Antonio, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

Less than impressed for a Courtyard Marriott hotel. Typically this chain is nice, clean and comfortable. Upon checking in the lobby was nicely updates and the front desk staff were pleasant but I was told the entire staff except for 3 people had been changed over in the last couple weeks.
I asked for some lotion and the front desk said they couldn't find any then I was told they were out... I asked if they were out completely and she said yes. We spent a couple hours at the pool no problems there but when we came down to the restaraunt to eat. I was told they were only serving alcohol because they didn't have any trained staff to make food. I had ask if that was some information that should have been told to me when I checked in. I was there with my wife and daughter and none of us drink alcohol. Now I had to figure out what to do for dinner. This is when I found out their location is not convienent to food establishments. I had to drive about 3 miles just to get to some food place that were less than a half mile away. That's because the hotels location was trapped on a one way access road that winded down until you could turn around. All in all this place may be get better once the staff is better???

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback. I do sincerely apologize for the inconvenience during your stay. We are under new management, I can assure you that your next visit will be that of a Marriott standard! We look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Been to Courtyard Bryan College Station? Share your experiences!