“Bed bugs?!?!?” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 30 Hotels in College Station
Port Matilda, Pennsylvania
“Bed bugs?!?!?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2008

I am staying here to visit Texas A&M for a workshop. I was pretty much satisfied until this morning. I got out of bed and noticed a small reddish dead bug in my bed with a couple of blood marks on the sheets. I'm suspecting bed bugs and am super, super grossed out. I still have to stay here one more night and have no idea how I'm going to make it through! And I'm terrified I'm going to bring home bed bugs to my house! This is the most disgusting thing I've ever experienced in my life.

Other than the bed bugs, I had nothing to complain about. I would not have complained about the hotel at all. The people were really nice...but this is the first time I've ever seen a dead bug in my bed and I've traveled a lot.

• Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Austin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2008

Booked a one night stay at the hotel because of an early morning Boy Scout event at A&M university that we were attending on a Saturday.

The room was fine, we were only there from about 9pm until 7 am because of the event so I really don't have much experience on the service but when I got back home on Monday and checked my bank account I noticed that the hotel had charged my debit card $500 dollars, which was particularly odd since I had paid in cash when I checked in.

Upon contacting the hotel I was immediatly given the manager who told me in a huff that I had been smoking in my room and thats why I had been charged the $500. I told him that was quite funny because I don't smoke so what proof did he have for charging my account. He stated that the cleaning service smelled smoke when they cleaned my room so they automatically charged me upon hearing that. Upon further complaint from me, he agreed to refund the $500 bucks but it was a pain to wait 7 days until it showed back up in my account.

Just beware that they can pull crap like this if you don't watch out.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Bank Account being charged without knowledge
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2007

Stayed here one night on business. I've stayed at this hotel a few times before - it is very reliable. Clean rooms, good breakfast, friendly staff, all add up to a great place to stay. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Liked — Reliability - what I expected is what I experienced.
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Round Rock
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2007

Wedding guests for daughter's wedding sold out the hotel. People's reservations were cancelled; then rescheduled; then after lengthy talk with managers were able to straighten out info. Price quoted for
block rooms was not what was charged on check-out. Had to go back to management to get the price quoted earlier. Such a hassle. If no one said anything, they were charged higher price. Many guests said they were given wrong directions to church/reception site. How hard is it to provide guests with map to needed facilities? One guest was charged twice for room; another was charged for room they had no idea
who stayed there. Amenities furished in one room flat "stunk"...we had to throw all of them away! We asked for washcloths for our bath (none came with the towels)...took over hour to get stack of towels..
again NO washcloths. They even asked me to come down to housekeeping to pick them up. The night-time attendants were not dressed appropriately for hotel desk. Both looked like they were going to dance at a nightclub after they got off work. Manager said they had ordered uniforms for them. Breakfast was great! Be sure to assert yourself if you stay here...you will have problems/personnel only says "I'm sorry"...offers no alternative. You have to insist on what you want!

Stayed October 2007
Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2007

I had not stayed here in two years and was a bit concerned by the mixed reviews since then. But I was pleasantly surprised. Arrived early evening and my reservation folder was waiting for me. We had a second floor room with two queen beds and it was spacious, clean and equipped with a small microwave and fridge. The microwave came in handy as the wife wanted to make hot tea. Despite the hotel being fully booked that night, we heard no noise and the bed was comfortable. Breakfast was satisfactory but the scrambled eggs were not hot and had an unusual consistency.

Business office had two computers and a laser printer. Everything worked for us to print our boarding passes. Made some local calls too. No charge for them.

The front desk is manned by Texas A&M students so do not expect professional Holiday Inn staffers. Overall it was a nice stay but a little overpriced.

Points deducted for not having express check out. I had to check out at the front desk.

• Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2007

Uncomfortable beds to even sit on. Dirty linens. Bathroom was dirty and there was something that looked like a roach smashed on the bottom/side of the trial-size conditioner they provide. The telephones didn't work with a radio coming across much like a party line. The paint fumes were nauseating and to top it all off the elevators stopped working during the morning check out time. Third floor level is the exact height of their parking lights, and the curtains don't help.The hotel staff were rude and don't expect the items they list, such as a newspaper or local calls.

• Liked — Leaving
  • Disliked — The stay
  • Stayed March 2007
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Fort Worth
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2007

Previously, I gave this place a good review, but I had a bad experience on my last stay. I had made my reservation through my corporate travel office, but their prices went up after I made my reservation. When I checked out, they told me that I owed the higher rate even though I had a confirmation at the lower rate. I have never heard of a hotel doing this before. The manager overheard my conversation at the front desk, and he told me that I owed the higher rate. When I returned home, I contacted the travel office and they contacted InterContinental who told them I should not have been charged the higher rate. They told me that I would get a refund, but that was 6 days ago and it still hasn't come through. In addition, I used the fitness room and I was not satisfied. The elliptical machine kept shutting off during my workout. One treadmill did not work. The television did not work either. Other than that, it was a good stay. (If it wasn't company policy, I WOULD try somewhere else next time.)

Stayed January 2007

Been to Holiday Inn Express College Station? Share your experiences!