“Not the best, but not the worst. There are better hotels in town.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express College Station

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #9 of 31 Hotels in College Station
College Station, Texas
“Not the best, but not the worst. There are better hotels in town.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

Our hotel stay was given to us as a gift from a family member it was our wedding night and they offered to get us a hotel in town. They got the jacuzzi suite for us, it was nice and clean, but when we walked into the hotel, there was no front desk agent there to welcome us to the hotel. It was just quiet and clean. We were already checked in all we had to do was walk to our room. We got into the room and it was clean and tidy and everything was great. I went to hop into the jacuzzi and it didn't work. The jets didn't work, so it wasn't really a jacuzzi, it was a really large bathtub. I was fine with that because we figured the family member who traveled all the time used their points to pay for the room because it's where they always stayed on business. When we went to sleep, it was a king size bed with regular sized pillows, so the pillows were a little small for the room. We woke up the next morning to a mediocre breakfast. Not bad, but not great. They had pancakes and no syrup. They had eggs and hashbrowns, no meat. It just wasn't well put together. Check-out was easy, they had express check out which was nice, but it lost a personal touch. This hotel is great for business travelers, but not for anything more than that.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2011

I enjoyed my stay once again at any Holiday Inn. I was on my way down to Houston, Texas and I stopped by a Holiday Inn and was greeted by a friendly staff and clean rooms. Like most Holiday Inns, they had modern furniture/TVs/great beddings and overall a good sense of an upper-mid-scale feel. They had great reception to wifi and it was a pleasure staying here.

For the price I think this would be a great place to stay in the future.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2010

We stayed here during our fire training and the rooms are pretty comfortable. I got a decent nights sleep. The tub filled up with water mid-way through showers. Pretty much every time we stay here, they deactivate some or all of the key cards while we are at training. They eventually get it all sorted out so that we can get back into our rooms. Luckily for me, there was a cleaning lady in my room so that I could get in and get my things. Other than that, it's a nice place to stay.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Houston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2010

Went to go see a football game in college station. Room was clean, hotel was well staffed. No complaints whatsoever.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2010

We recently stayed in the Holiday Inn Express because we went to an Aggie football game – Gig ‘em! This hotel is relatively new, as is everything else in the area, because it wasn’t here 10-years ago when I was in College Station last.

The location is great! It’s close to many restaurants, just off the main highway, and a few minutes from Texas A&M University. The only drawback to its location is that on game days, University Boulevard can get backed up, so you should know how to navigate the back roads to get back to the hotel.

Check in was pretty simple and easy. I arrived early in the morning and asked about early check-in. Luckily for me, my room was available. The front desk told me exactly where to go and asked if I needed help with anything. She was very friendly!

When I got into the room (I was in 103), the ceilings were really high! I think because the hotel is on a hill and in order to make the second floor level, the rooms at the bottom of the hill, such as mine, has high ceilings, and the ceilings progressively become normal on the first floor as you head up the hill. At any rate, the room size was decent.

I had a room with two double beds because there were four of us sleeping in the same room. Our room was handicapped accessible, so all the bells and whistles were there. There was a small fridge in the room, a decent sized flat panel television, desk, two chairs, a microwave, and a sink in the room. It was strange that the plumbing for the sink wasn’t hidden, though.

The bathroom was large and was pretty basic.

Overall, the room was decent. It was clean, and it was a good place to spend the night. The only drawback is that there wasn’t enough parking at night, so I had to get creative with my parking spot.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
Arkansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2010

While this hotel has been rebranded with the new logo, they are still doing a bit of work on the tiles in the lobby. The desk clerk when I checked in was about as lax as could be - Didn't recognize my Platinum status, didn't tell me where the elevators were, when breakfast was.. just checked me in and gave me my room key. Stoned college kids, whaddya gonna do? The room was fine though, but a little pricey at about 140$/night after the taxes. The location is great, with plenty of restaurant options within easy walking distance. My room did have a fridge, microwave, and coffee make and a 'smallish' flat screen TV. The wireless internet worked fine.

140$ a night though is too much for a Holiday Inn in podunk Texas.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2008

my wife and i evacuated to college station for hurricane ike. found bugs in room and bug tracks on head board of bed. let manager know about situation. i was told there was nothing they could do. my wife and i went out and bought cleaning supplies and cleaned room top to bottom. upon check out was charged different price than was quoted upon making reservations and i was double charged on my credit card. needless to say that this is one hotel that i will not ever use again.

Stayed September 2008

Been to Holiday Inn Express College Station? Share your experiences!