“Nice place to stay - enjoyed it” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Price
Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #4 of 29 hotels in College Station
“Nice place to stay - enjoyed it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

We were in town for a wedding, and most of the guests & wedding party were staying there. The staff was very nice to everyone, the access to the hotel was easy from Hwy 6, the room was comfortable, and the breakfast was delicious - I had one of the best waffles in memorable history. We would definitely stay at the hotel again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

112 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Istanbul, Turkey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights when I was in town for a conference. Other than the location, which is a bit too far from the central A&M campus to walk, I thought the hotel was great. Receptionist was very helpful, I had a very spacious and very clean room. Spacious, new and clean bathroom too.

Great breakfast, very friendly service, and one of the most efficient business centers in a small hotel that I've ever experienced (the printer worked and the computers were new! Amazing...). Free WIFI in rooms and 2 flat screens per room. I'd say the price was a little steep, but that's my only complaint.

I'd definitely stay here again if i were to go back to College Station.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Very clean, comfortable, and affordable accommodations. I was there on business and the staff gets an A+ in customer service. The staff dedication to ensuring our stay was a pleasant one, and in a highly professional and curious manner, contributed to the success of meetings. Breakfast buffet also had ample variety and fresh items – very good choices to either take with or sit down to eat.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

This has been our "go-to" hotel for the past couple of years when we are visiting our Aggie. It has always been very good. I can't say any one thing in particular was bad but the room is definitely showing its age. Furniture and coffee/refrigerator area scuffed up, bathroom showing age. I still can't figure out why they only give you three bath towels.

Hair other than mine on pillows has got to be the worst and there was more than one not to mention a few on the bathroom floor. Ick.

They were out of coffee at 8:10 in the morning and I never did get a cup. There was decaf but what's the point?

The worst was the air conditioner. The return is in the room (214) and it was so loud, had it been any further into the year, it would've been unbearable!! It was like a jet. Luckily, it was only needed two cycles but it woke us up. That needs to be fixed before summer!!!

Having said all this, as usual, the room was quiet, other than the air and it's NOT on University!!

If management will walk through the rooms like a guest and spruces up the little things, it will once again be back up to its previous quality.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
country1010, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, College Station, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
We take comments as yours seriously in an effort to improve our overall quality and guest experience! Warm regards, Sandip Patel General Manager 979.693.7777 cx_cotx@countryinns.com
College Station, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

We absolutely loved the Whirlpool Suite! It was a great retreat. Our room was on the first floor, which was surprisingly quiet! The bed was extremely comfortable and we both had a great night's sleep. The staff was friendly and willing to help! Will return soon! We loved it!

Room Tip: I highly recommend the whirlpool suite. It was very relaxing and extremely comfortable!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

Our first stay here will be the first of many. With three of us, the separate bedroom and living area made it possible to sleep comfortably without having to pay for a second room and the breakfast is second to none.
You definitely get value for your money here and the good service is icing on the cake. Keep up the great work!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
College Station, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

I am currently staying at the Country Inn & Suites Hotel in College Station, Tx. I have been here since August and will be checking out on Feb. (here for work). Because of my job I travel a lot and I have never rated a hotel before, but I had to rate this one. 5 stars in my book, like I said I have been here for a really long time and not once have I had an inconvenience. My room is always clean with fresh towels, the staff is amazing, always in a good mood. I defenetely recommend this hotel to anyone planning on staying in College Station. And thumbs up to the breakfast, again coming from someone who has been here a long time, I don't get tired of the breakfast here. They change it up a lot and is always delicious.

Room Tip: I've stayed on the 1st, 2nd, and 4th floor and they're all great.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, College Station? Share your experiences!