“Excellent Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 30 Hotels in College Station
Chicago, Illinois
“Excellent Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Very clean, comfortable, and affordable accommodations. I was there on business and the staff gets an A+ in customer service. The staff dedication to ensuring our stay was a pleasant one, and in a highly professional and curious manner, contributed to the success of meetings. Breakfast buffet also had ample variety and fresh items – very good choices to either take with or sit down to eat.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

This has been our "go-to" hotel for the past couple of years when we are visiting our Aggie. It has always been very good. I can't say any one thing in particular was bad but the room is definitely showing its age. Furniture and coffee/refrigerator area scuffed up, bathroom showing age. I still can't figure out why they only give you three bath towels.

Hair other than mine on pillows has got to be the worst and there was more than one not to mention a few on the bathroom floor. Ick.

They were out of coffee at 8:10 in the morning and I never did get a cup. There was decaf but what's the point?

The worst was the air conditioner. The return is in the room (214) and it was so loud, had it been any further into the year, it would've been unbearable!! It was like a jet. Luckily, it was only needed two cycles but it woke us up. That needs to be fixed before summer!!!

Having said all this, as usual, the room was quiet, other than the air and it's NOT on University!!

If management will walk through the rooms like a guest and spruces up the little things, it will once again be back up to its previous quality.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
country1010, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, College Station, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
We take comments as yours seriously in an effort to improve our overall quality and guest experience! Warm regards, Sandip Patel General Manager 979.693.7777 cx_cotx@countryinns.com
College Station, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

We absolutely loved the Whirlpool Suite! It was a great retreat. Our room was on the first floor, which was surprisingly quiet! The bed was extremely comfortable and we both had a great night's sleep. The staff was friendly and willing to help! Will return soon! We loved it!

Room Tip: I highly recommend the whirlpool suite. It was very relaxing and extremely comfortable!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

Our first stay here will be the first of many. With three of us, the separate bedroom and living area made it possible to sleep comfortably without having to pay for a second room and the breakfast is second to none.
You definitely get value for your money here and the good service is icing on the cake. Keep up the great work!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
College Station, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

I am currently staying at the Country Inn & Suites Hotel in College Station, Tx. I have been here since August and will be checking out on Feb. (here for work). Because of my job I travel a lot and I have never rated a hotel before, but I had to rate this one. 5 stars in my book, like I said I have been here for a really long time and not once have I had an inconvenience. My room is always clean with fresh towels, the staff is amazing, always in a good mood. I defenetely recommend this hotel to anyone planning on staying in College Station. And thumbs up to the breakfast, again coming from someone who has been here a long time, I don't get tired of the breakfast here. They change it up a lot and is always delicious.

Room Tip: I've stayed on the 1st, 2nd, and 4th floor and they're all great.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
CH, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel twice, once by myself and just recently, with a group. Both times, I was impressed with the staff's friendly and helpful attitude. This is a very clean and attractive hotel. The rooms are nicely decorated and also very clean. The breakfast is fresh and there is a good variety of items, both protein and carbs. My group arrived early at the hotel and the staff was able to get us checked in, so we could get settled in our rooms before heading out on a tour. The location is conveniently located right off the highway, and street noise is not an issue in the hotel. I found a good price online, although it still was a little high for me, especially when you add taxes in. That would be my only criticism, but the rate is still competitive for the area. The quality of the hotel also makes up for price issues with budget conscious travelers. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Alvin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

This is one of my favorite places to stay when in College Station. I just loved my sons response when we got into our room...Mom, you've been holding out on us. We have to come here everytime!

Breakfast is great and always very courteous staff. I found out this last time that when you return late at night, even the front doors are key card operated. I like that safety feature!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, College Station? Share your experiences!