“Great food and prices” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Iola, Texas, United States
“Great food and prices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Being originally from Houston, Ninfa's birth place, we expected the same good food and service and were not disappointed. They have daily specials which are great. I'm a fajita lover so i was delighted to find it as part of the daily specials. I went to high school with Jack Larenzo and remember when the original restaurant was on Navigation in Houston. Its still there and the food has not changed from when it opened so many years ago. We moved to Iola and was thrilled to find a Ninfas in nearby College Station. All i can say is thanks for the restaurant close to us. Definitly the best mexican food in the area and and will recommend it to anyone looking for a fine meal at a good price.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Franklin, Texas USA
“good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

We liked the fact that at noon there was plenty of seating and servers. The ceviche was great and a huge serving. The quesadillas were good as well as the guacamole

Visited March 2013
TX
“Yuck!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

We used to enjoy Ninfa's prior to their move to HWY 6. Now though the food is overpriced, service is poor, and it seems noisier to me. The food was always good-average in my book. Now it is expensive and solidly average. Entrees are almost all over $12. They no longer have an al a carte menu - which i preferred to a plate with rice and beans. They are less interested in accommodating off menu dietary requests. If you dont want a fried, cheese filled combo plate then it will cost at least $15 or more (chicken breast, fish). I am lactose intolerant, but we had family in town that wanted to go. There was literally nothing on the menu I could eat that was under $12 but a house salad. There are other better places in town that have been food and are better about serving "non-average" customers.

Visited December 2012
Amarillo, Texas
“Good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

Most everything here is good, but they are known for their fajitas. Their prices are good for what you get big portions, usually fast service. It's big and I've never had to wait for a table even when it was busy with a party of 4 or less.

Visited December 2012
Vidor, Texas
“Best Mexican in CS”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

I've tried all the Mexican restaurants and this is the only one that I'd go back to. I liked it and I'd recommend it to anyone in the mood for Mexican. It's a little pricey so I would say go to lunch!

Visited March 2012